Too late to try Ultima Online?

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by MightyUnclean, Feb 18, 2016.

1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Alright, you seem to know what you want, but are you sure you are apt to govern those you love into the best possible scenario ?

We are talking about a game so I'm going to keep my example in the fantasy game world.

If a genie came to a kingdom you ruled and said :

I will remove the evil from your realm, you will have perpetual peace but since true light won't be able to shine in the darkness many virtues will go missing.

Noone will need Honesty because only pure Truth will exist as a true form, as all conflict will be make-beleive and without true chaos. Moonglow might blow up, the hand will close. Fallax Ohm is shattered and deceit will have free reign.

Noone will need Compassion because pure Love will exist as a true form, as all needs will be cared for necessity becomes relative. Britain might burn, the heart will wilt. Vilis Mu is imprisoned and despise will have free reign.

Noone will need Valor because pure Courage will exist as a true form, all heroism will be equal and ordained so no act will truely stand out against the will of nobility. Jeholm might be overgrown, the sword will rust. Inopia Ra is bound and destard will be king.

Noone will need Justice because Truth and Love will exist as a true form, all the rules of law will be hard coded and enforced by the all seeing eye master of all spiritual forces. Yew might be flooded, the scales will be tipped. Malum Beh loses balance and wrong hides in the cracks.

Noone will need Sacrifice because Love and Courage will exist as a true form : no consequence will impose archetypal migrations in the midst of an eternal ocean of pre-fabricated conflict. Minoc might cave in, the tear will be sapped. Avidus Cah is left high and dry, covetous takes hold.

Noone will need Honor because Truth and Courage will exist as a true form and thus there is no honoring the stranger, who embodies all the virtues because after all he should be apologetic of many things he did ; he needs to pay for all this magic ! Trinsic might be hebetuded, the chalice will evanesce. Infama Summ is spilled, shame paints the wall.

Noone will need spirituality because, Skara Brae, my love, Om, Ankh and all that jazz... ride in a hearse yip yip.

And... well... you still have the great virtue of humility cause of course theres no hidden virtues *cough* related to other planes of reality which *cough* you shouldn't talk abou... *coughing fit*

Right. Am I me or am I me it's very different you see :)

I'm no genie but :

that it is time for digging even deeper, my friends :)

There are two sides to valor, as there is two sides here :

*absolutely no pun intended*

Would you accept the genie's proposal ? :p

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Even as a hypothetical fantasy situation it's utterly impossible..

You're basically suggesting no one will have something because they don't need something they already have. The entire scenario contradicts itself and I'm not falling for it.

Speaking in terms of virtues.. if true Truth, Love & Courage existed in people.. all the virtues would exist by very nature of those principles. You cannot separate them.

Incidentally I don't buy the whole light & dark cannot exist without each other BS either. It's apples and oranges. Given darkness is the absence of light, and light just is what it is. If a tree falls in a forest.. hell yes it makes a sound.. etc etc.

I assume you're trying to make some kind of point in a round about way which I almost certainly disagree entirely with the line of thinking behind that point.

Edit: Around about point made direct.. I'm not getting into a philosophical debate here.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  3. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

A large group of so called PVPers don't want a fair fight, they want to gank. They are no better than the dreaded cbear these "pvpers" seem to despise. Your observation is on point.

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Indeed... only a time lord, a genie or the dark one can.

Point in a round about way... mhm... sure I know you disagree, because you think only about yourself. I was asking, if you had to decide for those you love.

By the way, this is not the first time we have the exact same argument, and now you come say it in "the kingdom of old" where people are trying to be nostalgic without self-righteous smarty pants come and tell them they know what didn't contribute to the downfall of a game as other great games were coming out.

Really I get your point, but its so tiny, in such a precise place.

Knowing your intention however, you probably overestimate me : I'm good, I know.

You can thank me later,

peace

5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

There I fixed that blatant generalization for you.

6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Next thing we know some offended muslim will come in the thread and really think that my methaphor was literal and start panicking and telling everybody that its not true, not all muslims are terrorists... right ?

Really I LOVE how everybody replies to me as if I was a 5 year old child.

There is no philosophical debate, only the wisp'o'the'lantern.

And the light is getting dimmer...

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I would appreciate it if you didn't keep assuming you know me so well as you demonstrate that you do not.

8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Sounds entertaining, maybe I should let you have the last word, since I know you so well :)