too many patterns from salavging

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by dorkish, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I stopped salvaging altogether (except for things I hope to get patterns from) since this change went live.

I just sell all the salvageable junk to NPC's instead.

What am I going to do with 50 patterns of the same weapon when the lack of scraps makes it much harder to even make 50 of that item?

Lord Trady of Blix and Sorthious like this.
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah I've started selling junk for gold too

3. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

So, yeah, I agree the cost of scraps will soar, but do have any idea of where to get scrap?! If the majority of all salvage operations are Patterns and Components, where will the scrap come from? You can't just Farm scrap. Wood scrap is still obtainable from Sieges, but doesn't drop as much as it used to. As far as farming Clockwork Creatures, this doesn't seem like a viable option for a hardcore crafter. Yes, high level players will have no problem doing Sieges or Clockworks, but what about the actual crafter, who may not be as adept at fighting?

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

I'm still getting a ton of wood and metal scrap from hammers, so not sure where this panic is originating from. We're gonna have scrap still.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Not me...I only scrap things, as @Daxxe Diggler said, that I want patterns for. I do this because I normally only get 1 or 2 Woodscrap and about the same for Metal scrap from hammers. I could care less for myself as I don't really need wood/metal scrap, but those players who are dedicated crafters will have a much harder time getting what they need. Maybe you are one of the few that is getting way more scrap than everyone else.

6. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

It is only higher level character that have this problem. All the rusty and shoddy weapons don't have patterns or components, so ONLY salvage to scrap. So farm lower level areas or buy the rusty and shoddy loot from lower level characters. All the generic named weapons (ie the weapons you can buy from a NPC, eg Long Bow, Two handed Hammer etc) only salvage for scrap.
    If scrap prices get high enough then people will farm the creatures that drop these to get scrap either for themselves or to sell.
    It just takes a little time for the economy to adjust.

Regards
    Spence

7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

You seem to only want to refer to metal scraps and even with just metal scraps the amount of scrap you can get has been reduced for the lower-level player. Rusty Armor gives patterns. Outside of metal scraps Ragged Leather Armor and Dirty Cloth Armor give patterns. This is a serious reduction of available scrap that players need for crafting. This actually affects the lower level player more than a high end player. Being able to use scraps to save on Wood, Ore, and Cotton is important to a player who may not have a lot of materials to work with as a newer player. Argue against what I'm saying all you want, it doesn't really affect me, i'm just worried about the problems that new players will face.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Floors

Floors Avatar

All you have to do is go do an upper tears run a few times a month and you'll have all the scrap you need. I've only been to upper tears around 20 times and I have 10,000 metal scrap atm.

Jaesun likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah, I grab all the crap weapons and armor from the mobs there. I salvage the axes and bows and staffs. I sell the armor for cash. If an armor piece happens to have a really high durability, I repair it then sell it.

Or I just collect lots of bows from verdantis mines.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.