Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Top 10 Annoyances

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by smack, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

thats why I posted this: Thank You.

2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

THIS!!!

That's good... that's my #21!

YES!!!

And, we want guild tags please... so we can name the guild then set the tag for next to our names to something shorter and keep our interfaces cleaner :)

#BlameTheMaze

3. smack

smack Avatar

"wwwwwwwwwwwaaaaadd" or some random variation of it should trigger some random Dev to corpse explode. I'm sure this bug will then get fixed rather quickly.

:D

Drocis Fondorlatos and Sebastion like this.
  4. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

Great thread! Good opportunity to give some feedback in an interesting way.

Now, in reverse order of annoyance :)
    1. Gold is not an item, but just a number in your paperdoll.
    2. Chat pinning and camera view being reset when I travel to a different map / talk to an NPC.
    3. Pressing shift while I am running (I am used to have that as my "sprint" button) only to see my character stop and "WWWWWWW" appear in my chat window.
    4. Bodies disappearing before I can loot them.
    5. Being attacked while I am in a conversation with an NPC and can't fight back until I quit that.
    6. Monsters respawning while I am frantically trying to loot their bodies which have also just disappeared.
    7. Being pulled in a random encounter only to find that all monsters are already dead, and there is absolutely no resources or anything useful or interesting in the map.
    8. Not being able to play a musical instrument (bards were a staple in Ultima).
    9. The way hits are calculated when an attack starts rather than when it ends. Most comabt animations are really long, so I get the damage when I am far away and I think I am safe.
    10. Being able to put all my skills points e.g. in ranged combat without having ever used a ranged weapon. Doesn't make any sense that I can instantly become a grandmaster bowman if I have never touched a bow in my life.

5. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Good question. So this will be in for R13:

[​IMG]

Dr Ikirouta, Koldar, Arianna and 15 others like this.
  6. Wody

Wody Avatar

Here are some of mine. I may edit this or append or have more at a later date.

1. AFK goes AFK unpredictably. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, with the same amount of time passed.
    2. When getting back from AFK, it takes ages to get back up, and during this time you can't do anything
    3. After getting up, you stay AFK even though you're there, and this lasts many seconds after animation ends (I can type 1-2 sentences in AFK mode)
    4. There is no timestamp in chat
    5. There are no chatlogs. This together with 4 makes reporting abuse (such as extreme behaviour, racism, sexism etc) practically impossible, because screenshots aren't fast enough and sometimes you don't know its happening before it has passed and you have nothing. Chatlogs (with timestamps) would at least give you something to easily copy/paste on a website or email, without requiring a special mechanism such as an image-uploader, or reliance on a seperate service.
    6. Moving stuff from inventory is awkward, because clicking stuff selects it, and clicking other stuff selects this in addition, even if you didn't want that selected (eg click the inventory window becasue you want it active, and your ants get selected. scroll to the wood you need for crafting, and oops, it doesn't work cause multiple things don't go there)
    7. The avatar is a champion of virtue. Many people, especially those from UO, think 'the avatar' is the puppet you control, instead of somebody who went through the quest of the avatar and embodies the spirit of the virtues. This is distressing to me, because when you want to tell them the truth, out of love for the virtues, and are courageous enough to try, they feel attacked, or call you a liar.
    8. TTere are 8 virtues. Look them up what they meant for your quest of the avatar! Please!

7. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

*Thumbs Up*

Amberraine and Fox Cunning like this.
  8. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Checked in a fix for this too. Please do not explode me.

DooMAGE, Sebastion, Arianna and 16 others like this.
  9. Net

Net Avatar

1) Lag (especially in Owl's Head)
    2) Being stucked in chat wwwaaasssssdddd
    3) Being pulled into conversations by NPCs and being it so hard to leave them (especially when I am attacked).
    4) Wandering Skill Trainers.
    5) No love for pure magic. High fizzle on wand/staff/bow when you move but not on other weapons
    6) Easy to cast spells in full plate (heals, gust...)
    7) Light limits on lots.
    8) Item limits on lots.
    9) Everyone being able to join a guild (and no option to kick them).
    10) We need so much Wood and Ore craft anything. 7 wood per wardrobe? 4 ore for ingot?

11) Crafting recipes using more expensive ingredients than the finished product is worth...
    12) Not being able to close my mouth
    13) Invisible walls
    14) Invisible scene ends
    15) Weird armour slug calculations (abilities). I have less slugs in chain than in leather... (talking about chest piece here)
    16) Stuns and low health of mages. I often get killed in a short series of stunning abilities.
    17) PvE is really hard in anything but plate. Especially archers/mages are annoying to encounter if you are mage incloth yourself. Only option is to waste 5 glyphs on shield of ice and another 5 on mind lock...just to be able to survive as mage in PvE. Still it takes quite long to kill anything with death touch and death field and any non instant spells are interrupted.
    18) Spiders. Especially spiders in Owl's Head Sewers. The WebWebPoisonWebPoisonPoisonWebWebPoisonPoison combo is brutal.
    19) Sometiems it is hard to see whether item is red or green (especially in basement).
    20) The limited rotation options when placing decorations. Items are not aligned with the lot.

I could go on for some time but this should be enough for now:)

StarLord, Arianna, Moonshadow and 3 others like this.
  10. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

*Points at Lum's forum image...* I know that one! Humility! And all 8 virtues represented in the symbol! *nods*

Fox Cunning likes this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

This is an amazing thread I hope for continued involvement esp
    From the devs amazing input via this tool use it.

Moonshadow, Bodhbh Dearg and smack like this.
  12. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

You are right, there are 8 virtues. This is indeed what the Avatar in the Ultima was. However, there is also the other side.
    I was "forced" to follow the virtues and do the quests in the single player - However, I always followed Chaos, Blackthorn and the powers of freedom and choice. The virtues I still hold to, I choose to, and yes like in Ultima 5, I tend to take them to extremes.

Not calling you a liar, nor feeling attacked or anything else. The Avatar yes, followed the virtues and took the quest and played the game as they "were forced" to do. Some, however, still look upon it different. <3

Wody and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes, thank you.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  14. Calem

Calem Avatar

Mixed bag of current and possible future annoyances:

1) Lots of spider-type mobs seem to have salvaged LRM-10 racks somewhere (the green poison volley attack). According to screen/combat log a plain Wolf Spider hit me 9 times in a row, in less than 2 seconds.

2) I'd like a way to filter completed Journal entries. Wading through cross-references of long-done quests pages apart ain't fun. I seem to remember LB not wanting a quest log, but a simple hide-checkbox on a per entry-basis would already work wonders.

3) Loot seems rather static since it's pre-alpha, mid-term I'd appreciate the occasional 'Oh, what's that shiny' moment when looting mobs. Some randomness in the loot tables keeps things fresh.

4) Consider implementing dual item sets, cosmetic armor in addition to what's actually being worn. We'll want to show off some items from the add-on store/pledges for their looks without compromising character stats.

5) I really digged (harr) treasure maps back in my UO days. Would love to see a similar system again long term.

6) More secret doors and switches! Loved them in the Clink.

7) Please implement some sort of grouping panel like, say in DDO. The lack of this is what broke TESO's neck; they had sufficient high-quality content but didn't provide tools for players to party up/bond together.

8) Not sure if it's lag- or ping-related or owed to the early stage combat system, but melee damage hits seems to be delivered at the beginning of the animation. Brings back halberd memories from almost 20 years ago.

9) Firewall 1: Please make sure in early database design that *every* item transaction runs a validation check so we don't end up with items lost or duplicated. We've seen it too often o'er the years. Also make sure to double-check 'player rights' on item interactions so that we don't have to suffer through stolen items due to manipulated clients again like in UO. Houses would ideally offer a /log listing who did what over the last week.

10) Firewall 2: Please monitor 'world economic' numbers like gold influx and chart those by source. That way, if an exploit rears its ugly head you'll at least have a visual clue due to sudden 'unnatural' spiking in the chart. (I remember an incident on a MUD where a vendor NPC would actually pay you if you bought a certain item of which it had infinite stock. Just a single minus sign was missing, but lord, the effect! Another one: In a contemporary MMO negative buyout values were accepted by the Auction house server. People could generate large-scale money buying such an item, necessitating a rollback.)

11) Firewall 3: Remember Raph: "The client is in the hands of the enemy." You'll need tools to monitor fishy client behaviour early, and any compromise, anything left to the client to determine *will* at some point backfire horribly. Given a choice, I'd rather keep the LRM-boating spiders.

Siriustar, Leos and smack like this.
  15. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I love this, can we set a default browser as well to open (ie. chrome)? Forums don't work well in IE but typing /bug or clicking help defaults to opening IE browser.

16. cariac

cariac Avatar

1- Abilities/LvL system should be removed. 0-100% skill sould be in.
    2-This game look too easy, sota need more pvp and REAL challenge.

Bolck and smack like this.
  17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

THIS. with a corollary: closing a conversation tab doesn't actually have the same effect as saying bye.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  18. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

1-Lvl system
    2-Lvl system
    3-Lvl system
    4-Lvlésystwé
    5-Lvl system
    6-Lvl system
    7-Lvl system
    8-Lvl system
    9-Lvl system
    10-Lvl system

Bolck, Siriustar and smack like this.
  19. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

1. If decoration window is placed before an moveable item the cursor will not grab an item in your interface bag. It always grabs the item already placed.
    Try to decorate with a shed in front of you. You always pull the shed for example.

2. Not placeable decoration objects

3. Missing vertical turning feature in decoration mode

Why can't i turn a book into a standing position.
    Why can't i turn a object in all directions.

4 option to turn off decoration mode on lots so you do not move items on coincidence

5. broken boxes everywhere

6. Ad the option to stay anonymous.
    Because you can still report nowadays a person incase he abused it with chatlog ( right click on name) or if you right click person.

7. Unplaceability of items on Lots.

8. NPC not going to bed at night.

9. Missing sleep emote.

10. PvP Tag, Guild Tag

11. ( waiting for Stand Up Information )

Top Ten i LOVE about this game:

1. Open Communication you provide

2. Seeing ideas and feeback we provide coming to existense

3. The personal "Charme" the game already has.

4. The music ingame

5. The Housing System and crafting system and much more player driven economy

6. The new reworked character face of the avatars are awesome

7. The dungeon designs

8. Many places i stop ingame to take a screenshot - the harmony, the composition of the hex are just to nice.

9. Meeting ingame the Developers

10. Chris feedback threads - it provides often a insight of why and how that explains the reason for decisions from a perspective i
    would never think off

11. Friday updates and all Dev Posts

12. Lums dry humor.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

20. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

gust

smack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.