1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Top 10 Priorities for Launch (September 2017 Edition)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

We were promised one shaved Chris head, when the last time "load times" were worked on and not cut in half.........

3devious, digriz, Balandar and 3 others like this.
  2. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

A great list and if achieving all of it means a slip in commercial release then so be it. To release without these things being in realised would be a disaster.

smack, Rennik, Lord Ravnos and 3 others like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I agree but can you imagine the crying and bad mouthing if they don't release before the end of the year?

amarious likes this.
  4. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Yes I know it is almost a damned if they do damned if they don't situation but I firmly believe that if they need to push back the release so that the game is fit for commercial release then that has to happen. They and we will only get one shot at this - get it wrong by releasing without these 10 things at least being in place then the game will sink without trace and those who may cry/rant because of a delay won't have a game to play anyway. SOTA needs to be a successful and appealling game to many, not some sort of telethon fuelled cult.

5. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

Skill balance and combat is nowhere on this list? Is completing skill tree's on the layout? Chaos, to name one.

6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Id love to see them finish kick starter items but to be honest kick starter items wont improve the game play expierence at all also wont bring any new players in so many problems need to be done first.

Dont spend any time on stuff that does not effect less than 1% of the player base at this point, ive stopped asking for undergroud biomes to have population indication markers and show divotional buffs for this reason.

The games in a bad state esp with new trial accounts being flooded in and 60+k accounts but only boasting a peak player base of 250ish. (2x steam)

Numa and Elwyn like this.
  7. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Yes, there will be crying and badmouthing. Still, there's no way they should release this game in the near future (aka this year). There's just too many things that need worked on (most included in the OP) that have to be finished before this has any chance of being a critical success.

Tiina Onir, losludvig, Vyrin and 7 others like this.
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Agreed, release the game this year and the game will be doomed, wait to long and the game will be doomed. Jan to march should be thier window of release

Numa, Elwyn, K1000 and 2 others like this.
  9. oplek

oplek Avatar

On the other hand, I sort of feel like the game is withering on the vine. From a financial standpoint, they may be in a position that if they don't launch on schedule, they never will.

10. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Glad to see load times and client performance at the top of the list!

majoria70 likes this.
  11. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

I doubt RG would never release it because of some "possible" Portalarium financial issues so far in development.
    I mean in the worst case scenario RG could, in theory, easily throw in a mil or two just to get things done and released.

12. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

https://sotastats.umuri.com/stats.php

Elysium Mines wins both the Scene Ranking by Kills and Item drops.

I'm not asking for an Elysium nerf as it's boring and necessary as is. People who can stomach it deserve the success and are an essential part of the economy. Just pointing out that the thing to do in Shroud of the Avatar is FO mining.

13. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

If one of these priorities is finished, will priority 11)cannibalism move to the 10 spot?

smack, amarious, Ahuaeynjgkxs and 4 others like this.
  14. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

asking the real questions.....

smack, licemeat and K1000 like this.
  15. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm hoping we still have time to do some of these things too...

Especially #1. I think #1 on the list quoted above is something that will have a huge impact on new players coming into this game. Seeing the same NPC vendor in every scene with player housing is a real killer, imo.

K1000 likes this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Being ready is most important;)

17. pleasedrivefast

pleasedrivefast Avatar

Yes, we need more customization in crafted materials that doesn't rely on enchanting or masterworking.

I'm also wondering what is a "component." My assumption is that it will be similar to the Crystal Hilt component where it adds additional weapon stat modifiers that are greater than normally crafted materials. I hope the design plans can be shared once they're created.

Agreed 100%. To me hitching should be the #1 priority as I would rather wait for scene loads than potentially have hitching at an inopportune time.

18. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

Thank you for sharing this! This really strengthens my perception that you "get it".

For me, all the critical issues are on the list.

Cage Storm likes this.
  19. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

This. :) I recently started a thread in the R45 feedback about this very issue (and Dodge Rolling)... because, in this example, a troll runs away a bit, turns around and squats to pull up a boulder to toss. I hit him with Gust, he is pushed back and looks like I successfully interrupted his rock throw... then I'm smacked by an invisible rock anyway. We should be able to interrupt them just like they do us.

Between this goofiness and the hitching while fighting, I've almost died a number of times to enemies that at this point I should never drop to.:p

Numa likes this.
  20. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Wonderous! Hopefully this quells some concerns of the more vocal critics out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.