Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Top 11 Annoyances (as of R15)

Discussion in 'Release 15 Feedback' started by smack, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

Hey everyone, just as I did with my previous Top 10 Annoyances thread during R12, what are your current top 10 11 annoyances about the game so far (as of R15)? Feel free to copy over any that weren't already addressed.

I'd like to limit this to issues in the game only, as it should be a list of your personally most annoying things that can make it frustrating to play test. This will give the devs an opportunity to address as part of their next quarterly polish release, currently slated for R17.

You don't have to come up with all 11, it can be your top 3 or 5 or whatever, but try not to go over. I kept it at 10 last time but almost everyone went over to at least 11 and that's the current max now. Let's see how quickly that rule is broken. :rolleyes:

And thank you devs for listening and fixing a ton of previous annoyances!

Alright, let's see your annoyances and have fun venting!

2. TantX

TantX Avatar

1) Undefined Direction of the Game - What is this game going to look like in a year? If I were to tell someone about this game, how would I describe it? I can describe UO. I can describe Star Citizen. I can describe ArcheAge, SWG, Anarchy Online, WoW, PlanetSide 2 - I can describe all these games, and even sell them, to just about anyone who asks. But what is Shroud?

2) Random Encounters - These have no place in a modern game, much less an online one, especially not in their current, "classical" implementation.

Everything else is balance-related from it being pre-alpha, so it's acceptable for now.

3. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

1. Loading Screens
    2. Random Encounters/Loading Screens
    3. Boring Sparkly Nodes, It's the same boring gathering in a dozen or more other mmo's :(
    4. Useless City Maps
    5. Repair Kits and how many it takes to repair armor/weapons.
    6. Slow walking on the overhead maps, we have to walk everywhere so why so slow?
    7. Items don't auto stack in our inventory
    8. Crafting still feels too clunky and cluttered to me.
    9. Would be nice to be able to move while dancing.
    10. Accidently right clicking my avatar making me see my name and leave guild option.
    11. No way to sort items in backpack or bank. (I'd like to be able to move anything anywhere in my backpack and sort things myself)

Thoragon, Maka, lollie and 10 others like this.
  4. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

If you figure that out let me know, because I don't have anything much to tell friends, family, guildies, except I see promise, but will let you know how it goes, and if/when it's worth it to buy in, hehe.

It's still very early pre-alpha though so it's understandable right now, but would be nice to see some sort of direction here and there :)

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

5. Current plan is to have players being able to repair, but the ability is not in the game as yet.
    6. I know it is your personal observation... I just don't see it as all that slow (except when you slow down for no observable reason... forest roads, I'm looking at you!)
    8. Still not finished... kind of dovetails with 5.
    11. You can sort by name, weight, value, durability, general category and if those aren't enough, you can filter by key word, then sort. What other way are you looking to be able to sort them?

As for my own: The one that bugs me the most is the sound options, specifically the fact that the sliders are broken.

7. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Aye, I know some of it's being worked on, but it's a list of what are annoyances right now. :) I'm not doggin the game, I'm all in, just waiting on the development of the game. :) It's pre-alpha, we're all going to have some annoyances as the games go through different stages :)

8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

*grins* Not dogging ya either... just kibitzing, really ;)

Wasn't saying the annoyances were invalid, just well... see above :p

Tahru, Ice Queen and majoria70 like this.
  9. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

:)

Tahru likes this.
  10. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I just have one, LOADING TIME. It got really worse since R13.

11. Pamela Eldritch

Pamela Eldritch Avatar

Great job so far!

1. Logging in from Steam (Play, Play Full Screen, Play on Sota Splash Page, Construction Zone? Check, Play on Sota Game Mode Screen) Thats five times I have to click play to play- just add the play multiplayer/single player/construction zone message to the steam prompt and log me in!
    2. Lag (mostly in towns)
    3. Unpolished icons in the skill tree
    4. Boring UI boxes
    5. Chat is hard to use
    6. Lack of variety in mobs / scenes
    7. Unpolished sounds
    8. Too much travel time (I get the design concept but I log out before undertaking a ten minute journey to buy repair kits)
    9. Too much empty space on Novia map
    10. Mob AI is...off
    11. And.. the rest of the crafting skills are missed.

One Zero, Maka, lollie and 7 others like this.
  12. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Thanks for getting this started again. I think it definitely is a fun exercise. So here are my 11.....

1. That Public Vendors are not limited to only accepting Crafted items – I really don’t like scrolling through all the junk to find something worth purchasing
    2. That my Purchased Add On house doesn’t have a fire in the fireplace – To me a house is not a home without a blazing fireplace to sit and enjoy
    3. That my pet doesn’t respond to the ‘Stay’ Command – I tell him to Stay, I walk away, he stays, I leave my property line, all of a sudden he's up my cape again.
    4. That house decorations just disappear into the unknown sometimes when moving them or trying to place them – lost a fountain the other day when trying to put it into my inventory and now when I enter that room I still hear it but it is nowhere to be found
    5. When exiting Solania you seem to always exit on the side that forces you to go through the Celestial Wetlands maze instead of being able to exit North of town where you can walk around the mountain’s edge
    6. Random Encounters every other step – I don’t mind the encounters, but instantly being pulled into one the very second you exit another one is more than annoying
    7. Items carried in a Sack, Backpack, or Chest/Trunk still show individually in your inventory
    8. And along those lines if you have items in said Sack or Backpack that is in your inventory, you can’t remove it from you inventory (say to store in a Chest / Trunk) without removing everything from the Sack / Backpack – so what’s the use of having a Sack / Backpack if it doesn’t help clean up your inventory view and if you have to empty it to remove it?
    9. Just FYI – Wolves don’t bark!
    10. Music doesn’t always play – I have noticed that many times when I enter a town that the music isn’t playing anymore or the volume has changed drastically
    11. For some reason it seems to stay ‘night’ longer than it stays ‘day’ this release – I would really like to see all the great scenes we have but can’t due to it always being nighttime for some reason.

Maka, lollie, Lord Baldrith and 5 others like this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

1. No NPC merchants where you can buy bags, sacks, or other containers, that would make organizing your inventory easier. You have to craft these yourself or try to find a player that has them. There's a similar problem torches, even though they're easier to find. We need a provisioner.
    2. No improvements being made in the bag style of inventory, making switching to the list inventory necessary.
    3. The removal of the free bag slots.
    4. Inability to hide the red/green/blue target borders.
    5. The game often equips a 0 durability weapon when you swap decks, even if you have another one of the same type in your bag that has 100% durability. If you try to link that particular weapon to the deck through the UI, it still will equip the one with 0 durability.
    6. The fact that your weapons and armor are still equippable when they're broken, meaning you often don't realize when they're broken.
    7. The durability warning icons not distinguishing the item that's in poor condition. You can't tell if its your sword that's broken, or your shield that's broken, since both are represented by the same broken blade. You cant tell what piece of armor is broken.
    8. The game getting stuck in combat mode, and not allowing you to exit. Especially a pain if you don't have any potions in your deck.
    9. Monsters turning around, being pulled by their tether, when you don't want them to.
    10. Monsters in the game that are way too easy, even for the lowest of level characters. These are often the random encounters.
    11. Lum, Chris, Gorn, and others not spending time role-playing online with players.

Aenra, Lord Baldrith, Tahru and 4 others like this.
  14. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I like R15. There are a few things to fix, but the progress is great.

*bows to the devs*

Just random encounters. In case that hasn't been brought up elsewhere.

Maka, Laila, TheMadHermit and 8 others like this.
  15. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

1 - Stuck in combat mode.
    2 - ^
    3 - ^^
    4 - ^^^
    5 - ^^^^
    6 - We can now type while gathering! Success! Can we now open all windows while gathering? (emote, inventory, character sheet, etc.)?
    7 - Exp gained is linked to the NPC chat check box.
    8 - Can't look up in the overland map.
    9 - No pin on the crafting tables! They move a lot when you craft a lot.

lollie, Lord Baldrith, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

1. Camera default
    Please let me put the camera where I want it and "set as default" so that after scene changes and conversations it goes back to my default, not some arbitrary one set by someone else.

2. Missing QE spin on the overland map.
    There is QE spin in the scenes, but when changing to the overland map it is gone.

3.Inventory
    I want list mode to use bags/containers as folders so that I can sort stuff properly.
    I want my new loot to go into the main backpack which is different from my tools-fine cloth-food etc. So you try to put them in a seperate bag only to realize nope bags don't work - you have just sold all your pick axes including the one you wanted to keep.
    Heck I want Bags/casks/quivers/etc to be necessary to stack items.

4. Chat is clogged
    I want not just filtering like we have today, but also split windows so that I can have 2+ chat windows at once.
    As is, either the game is spamming and I miss player communication, or player chat is spamming so I miss game info.

Reporting bugs/improvements, getting no response, then suddenly it's fixed but not noted in the release/patch notes.
    Meaning you try to avoid the bug and/or warn others of something which is no longer the case.
    Case in point - the combat bar tooltips now has a toggle in the options. Took me an extra release to find that one out.
    They use Jira, so why not list all the ticket-fixes they have made. Yes, even if it is hundreds i'd still skim that list.
    Otherwise they do all this hard work but none notice it.

6.No pic upload when reporting bugs.
    I don't know how many times I've taken a screenie of a bug and then since I'm in the middle of playing, saying OK I will do this later - then realizing you haven't reported those 20 odd bugs and it's the next release.
    It could be a temporary location that gets wiped every other release, but the quality of bug reporting would be sooooo much greater.

7. What to test and what NOT to test
    What to give feedback on and what not to give feedback on
    Yes we can always test everything and anything but it would be much more constructive if we could get a shortlist for what the devs want testing/feedback on.
    For instance, when they add a new scene and we find some collision issues, like walking through a rock. Then if there was a single topic for each new scene then people wouldn't post all over the place, nor as many duplicates.
    A downer for me a while back was when I thought I'd make an effort and started to go through all food decoration assets & made a topic of that - only to notice that almost all of them was placeholders with the wrong scale, wrong stats - so completely unecessary to test since they are going to be replaced anyway. So that was time wasted which could have been spent on something the devs actually want testing on.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...edback-and-bugs-from-owls-head-vendors.19491/

8. When to report a bug again
    Since we get no feedback on what is in the Jira lists its very hard to know if one should report something again and again as releases go by.
    On one hand one doesn't want the double work for us and devs if its already in the list. On the other since we don't know if its in the list then maybe we need to report it again until it makes the list.

9. SotA website and addon store
    This project would get more funds if it made an overhaul of the website. Just small things like, for instance, a full list of the perks I get with each tier, not just the perks unique for the tier. Then a lot of confusion/frustration would go away for people thinking they would get duplicate things which doesn't stack and vice versa etc etc.
    I think Port's Store>Housing page was a good step in the right direction but then there was no follow up and no updates.
    There has been tons of good suggestions from the community on how to make that better.

10. User added Asset lists
    Postponed, postponed, its coming soon, postponed, didn't have time, postponed.
    If you are not going to ask for more such assets, then just say so. Its fine, but postponing it again and again simply is just burning the most active fan base.

Making this game so fun already in alpha that you spend time leveling up and building a home even though you know you are going to get wiped.

Aenra, lollie, Lord Baldrith and 10 others like this.
  17. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

1: cant drag the dragon skull back to my house.
    2: cant steal the chaos tapestry in spectral mines.
    3: equipment gets damaged when i zone home.
    4: still cant drag the dragon skull back to my house.
    5: slight memory leak issues.

lollie, Lord Baldrith, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  18. One Zero

One Zero Avatar

random encounters
    getting stuck in combat mode
    can't make the axe blade necessary for a guillotine
    the range of the flesh flayers in shardfall is too far
    lag in crowded basements
    tank/melee build doesn't stand a chance at pvp
    chillblains loot isn't much
    repair kits costs too much (or aren't very effective however you want to split it)
    wwwwwwwwwwwwww in the chat box
    some of the sound effects in combat
    spilling beer on the keyboard:eek:

thank you for a revolutionary game. stay patient. keep it weird.

19. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Then stop dying!

Tahru, Themo Lock and smack like this.
  20. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Ya this has been starting to bother me. Wondering how useful my bug reporting is. Has it been noticed? Is it even on a list of things to fix? Low priority? Not even a bug? Would be nice to know. Perhaps the bug reports would need to be sanitized for public consumption and they don't want to put in the time. Dunno. But even just a bug title, and status would go a long way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.