Top resource output for gold and silver ore is currently K'rul

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Anpu, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Currently from the last 30 days, 42.09 % of all the gold ore in the game comes from K'rul. And 37.19% of all the silver ore in the game comes from K'rul. I don't know if this is intended or not.

[​IMG]

Of note this is only the public API numbers. No idea what the actual numbers are. It's probably even higher (we can't see that information).

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    Ysold and Time Lord like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

("more higher?")

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I like "more higher". I also like "extra medium".

Ysold likes this.
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Question is, how many miners or gold have been in Etceter Crag Mines vs how many people hunted in Krul. That's the total count, but not a per adventurer stat, so we have no idea if the ratio.

Coswald_Dirthmire and Anpu like this.
  5. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Those numbers seem really odd especially after a holiday weekend. Maybe @that_shawn_guy can take a peek and confirm? Also curious as to why my public API numbers don't reflect this. I have checked for issues and have yet to see anything. Very curious.

Here are the numbers my parser collected over the same 30 days for Gold and Silver which are more in line with what I would have expected.

I think we also need to consider the source in K'rul. To my knowledge the source is the clockwork dragon which drops 10-15 of each. We can use that to cross-reference the #s with how many clockwork dragons were killed in the same time period.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    Ysold and Anpu like this.
  6. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Hmm, that doesn't feel right - also odd that the number of ores is exactly the same for both makes me think something's up with those numbers

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  7. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

highest gold should be graff final room
    wish something like it was somewhere else for silver<_<

8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Maybe the percentages are skewed because not everyone reveals their stats in public API? (I think that toggle applies to harvesting skills but i could be wrong)

Anpu and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  9. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

The voluntary API reporting skews a lot of things, but I think there's something more substantial that is invalidating the OP numbers. The exact accordance between gold and silver count and the comparison against Tirrag's numbers raises an eyebrow nearly to the hairline.

Ah, seek out Elysium Mines, the mirrors there aren't the only thing that's well silvered.

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I wish I understood how to access API data better....;)
    From what I recall though when people had web interfaces set up for this to search for things (is there still somewhere I can do this, btw?), even if you didn't opt in to public stats it still showed "anonymous" did xxx so I'd expect the totals to still add up. I can't imagine that there are more people killing the clockwork dragon on repeat than mining elsewhere? I mean, unless people are just flipping the scene all day because its faster than mining - if that's true, it should be probably be adjusted?

FrostII likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

kaeshiva likes this.
  12. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

i meant a medium room connect to another instance for quick refresh:)

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It *can* be and probably is. Like for example, if many players who happen to run around in K'rul happen to have the public API tracking on, and then a large portion of people who mine day in and day out have API tracking off, the numbers would be totally off.

Of note, this is an extremely old post from me, before I really understood about the Public API: The Public API is basically (and mostly) completely useless. Mainly because the vast majority of people have public API tracking off. It will, in no way, reflect anything of current activity in the game accurately. Period.

It can however be useful for a few of us, to update various things on the wiki (like where certain creatures can possibly be found). Also it can help to see if other various things (like recipes) are actually dropping (for the most part).

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  14. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

correct even anonymous get counted so numbers are included for people who do not participate by sharing their name. they still add stats, just under the name "anonymous".

im going to maintain that the original spreadsheet had some kind of issue. both gold and silver had the exact same amount (16400) which seems like that would have to be an extremely low statistical possibility. the gold and silver ore #s recorded from etceter and elysium are more what i would expect as they are the known best sources for the two ores. we need to consider the source in K'rul which is to my knowledge the clockwork dragon which drops 10-15 silver and gold ore per kill. we can look to see that the last 30 days there have been 375 clockwork dragons killed in K'rul. cross-referencing that with the amount of gold (4417) and silver (4335) ore pulled from K'rul we can see they fall with the expected range of 3750 - 5265. based on everything i can see, K'rul is producing the expected amount of silver/gold ore and etceter and elysium are the expected top spots for their corresponding ores.

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  15. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i'm not sure this is accurate. it is my understanding that players not participating by sharing their name in the public API stats are still reporting information, just not their player name. their stats are reported under the user anonymous. if that wasnt the case, i am not sure what option then causes the anonymous stats within the API. maybe @Elgarion can help clarify. even if this is not true, the stats still show trends based on the players that are reporting which can still be extremely valuable.

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The Public API does NOT list people who have public api tracking off. We confirmed this by checking how many Lich Mages were killed. The hundreds of them that were killed by Coswald, does not show in the public api, as he has public api tracking off. I believe that was the specific creature we checked. This was a while ago in a discussion on discord.

17. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I believe it is correct. Just finished an experiment. I normally gather gold in Graff mines.

In a partial run from front to back, I can make what I get off the dragon and K'Kong.

How many nodes dependent on how often I roll get 3 and get meticoulus.

Dragon was dropping between 8 and 20 silver and 8 and 20 gold ores each kill

K'Kong 0 to 4 (mostly silver)

But the time it takes between spawns shorter compared to running through the mine to collect.

It is also less stressful getting ore off dragon than constant running and waiting for the animations to finish.

Spawns were about 5 mins, but I just sit outside the room, go to my work computer...did work for 5 or 10 mins...then came back to kill Dragon and KKong.

If I wasnt "distracted", I am sure my yield would have been greater. I think a bit more fun this way too.

On another note, To be honest...I think those clockwork creatures should be dropping silver and gold scrap and not ore.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

:eek:

Anpu likes this.
  19. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Thank you Anpu. Do you know what situation then Anonymous is logged in the public stats? The majority of data is logged under the user "Anonymous" and I only know of one setting that controls API which is the "show name in public stats". From my understanding that controls whether your player name shows in stats or it shows anonymous for the stat data you provide, but data is always provided. Is there another setting that completely eliminates stats participation?

Maybe @that_shawn_guy can confirm but I believe his site processes on a 24 hour level whereas mine processes at the 15 min level. I would be curious to replicate the test using my site as well. Will try to do that this evening.

On a side note, definitely not trying to bicker with you @Anpu so I hope it doesn't feel that way. Just my understanding was one thing based on my experience with the public stats API and I want to try to get the best, most accurate understanding whatever that might be.

@Elgarion or maybe @DavidDC would be great to get an official clarification :)

EDIT: Looking at the sotagraphs site, I wonder if the anonymous user is being eliminated from the data? Hopefully @that_shawn_guy can confirm.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    Coswald_Dirthmire and Anpu like this.
  20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I think, in general, is the confusion on what exactly IS in the Public API.

I am however only using the sotagraphs website and the data from there.

From what we have observed, the public API is only showing numbers from people who have api tracking on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.