Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Torpor feedback

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Elnoth, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Wow, what a useless skill!

Another skill that will be trained in town by spamming the button as it's only good to level for attunement. What is the use of giving myself some health regen if I completely immobilise myself and can't even cast spells or attack? Why wouldn't I just cast a heal?

Really need to look at this skill as it really will be a pure "gustball" levelling type skill

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

It gives some significant STR boost, though.

Also you can cast it while stunned. If time it right, it could be a good "oh shiznit" skill to have.

What I would like to see is to have more defense against the attacks especially from spells and range during the torporing period.

3. Resolute

Resolute Avatar

What they should do is add a reflect to it. So spells/attacks/missiles 'bounce' off and damage the attacker while you sit there unable to move or attack.

Then it would have a decent negative to benefit ratio.

At the moment it's mainly negative with a small benefit.

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

So we cant even cast spells when this is active?

Why cant you attack? The description says it slows attacks and roots you. If we cannot cast spells or attack I woulr report that as a bug because we can normally cast spells amd attack while rooted.

5. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

A boost to STR where you can't benefit from it apart from some small passive defensive bonuses from the STR, when in reality being mobile and able to cast heals, cast roots, run around and use LoS, all of which will mitigate your damage far more than standing still being completely 'stunned'

6. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Correct - it completely locks you in place, you can't move, you can't attack, you can't cast.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Isn't the STR bonus still last even after tor por timer is up and the avatar is healed? At GM, it gives +20 STR and last for a minute. That would be a big boost IMO.

StevieD likes this.
  8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

so this spell might be good if you're in between combats, just like the moon magic one.

9. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

OK I have done more testing with my character sheet open to see exactly how the spell works.

You cast it and are completely rooted, can't move, can't attack, can't cast any spells, except torpor again stangely enough. While rooted your avoidance stat increases by 30%, so this is your protection spell from a significant attack I guess. When the root expires (after about 5 or 6 seconds) you gain the health and the strength buff.

So it is 3 spells combined into one, - a defensive spell, a self heal, and a self buff.

My only concern is that the self root is overpowered. If it worked like the root spell, with an immobilisation and no other effects (like the stop attacking or stop casting effects) then this spell would be good, but as it stands I would still level it in town, not in combat.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    Matt Harris, FrostII and StevieD like this.
  10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

However if we could cast spells the root would not be a total loser for the mage that has a potent "blink" spell. But if we cannot cast spells or attack then it seems to be a restoration spell that gives a bonus to defense incase we get attacked while regenerating... or no?

11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

As of Patch 489 Torpor can not be cast while the Torpor root is active.

Elnoth likes this.
  12. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I personally think it's a great spell. It gives a rather large strength buff for a decent period of time once you get it leveled up. It also greatly increases your damage avoidance while rooted. Which can make you take barely any damage at all while you heal over time and then get the large heal at the end.

The only major downside imo is it takes forever to level since you have to wait 8 seconds or so in between each cast. Largest pro is it allows me to have 142 Strength right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.