Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tour Guide 22 - Walkthrough

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by E n v y V I, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forest Dweller

Forest Dweller Avatar

Forsooth it is tiresome to be always chided for complaining (your word.) Sans doute all good knights came home to grumble to their fellow knights or to their sire regarding their experiences.

Be stalwart! Be a man! Life is not meant to be fun! Let no words of discontent slip from thy tongue!

No one is attacking our esteemed developers, and I mean that with all respect and affection. How will they know of our issues if we cannot air them and share our frustration? What's with the code of silence? Grin and bear it in silence?

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I dont really think its ever appropriate to "complain" during the pre-alpha, as its live only so we can test the software. Maybe 13+ years of developing software myself has given me a bias, but Im pretty sure complaining how hard a quest is, which is merely designed to encourage you to walk from point A to point B and click on something, doesnt do anything helpful for the devs.

Also, I have to say, I just did etceter crag mines in one try. I often play during the afternoon weekdays, when hardly anyone is on the server, and I have a lowbie toon. I just ran and kept on running. Easy. I died immediately upon clicking the tour guide. Im pretty sure if I had died on my first run, I would have gotten it on the 2nd or 3rd try. Which means it would have taken like 4 minutes out of my life to assist the developers with stress testing their new zone ;)

The hard part for me was clicking the stone walls to get into the 3rd floor down. Every time a wall fell, there was another to be clicked upon, ugh! Actually JK, I thought that was kinda cool for the storyline.

Really, the hard part was the outside zone, with the elves and wolves. Keep in mind my toon is a lowbie, and Im only wearing the armor my account starts with (which means Im basically wearing no armor, I havent played enough to figure out how to make that fancy platemail you fancy folks are running around in. Some of yall even got flaming swords! Im still using the sword I found in the very first zone your character spawns in!). So yah, running through that outer level to get to the entrance of the mine was a whopping 6 minutes of dying, respawning, running a few feet, dying, respawning, running a few feet, dying... then making it to the zone entrance at last.

Even if it took me a few days, I wouldnt call this hard. If I spent 4 weeks doing this, I might bring it up to the devs. Instead I think I will find some more constructive elements of the game mechanics to discuss, rather than complain that I cant be instantly gratified with free rare items.

Anyways, this quest is laughably easy so far, thanks to Envyco Gaming for the great guide (and the users of this forum that pointed it out for me that he says "left" when he means "right" hehe). On to blood river, and I will have completed one of the easiest tour guide quests since like R11 or so.

and again, devs, from one dev to another, thank you again for this awesome game!

:cool:

Ravicus Domdred and Kara Brae like this.
  3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

ALso gotta say, the ambient music in etceter crag mines is awesome. Ive been browsing the forum listening to it for a while now. Reminds me of Karl Sanders' solo albums a bit (thats like, a massiv compliment man).

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Yeah I noticed that when I played it back.........though I got away with it...doh!! lol ;)

5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

aaaaand got my steampunk goggles! Again, I need to mention, Im just wearing cloth / leather gear my toon started with, using the shield and sword I found at the first zone (battle of solace bridge?), and Im kind of a lowbie toon, I dont even know how to craft things. Thx again envyco.

6. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I guess I have a different image of the developers in my head when I complain about the tour. I always imagined Lum and Starr patting themselves on the back, clinking their glasses and saying..
    [​IMG]
    All the while, laughing manically the more we complained. :D

7. monkeyrogue

monkeyrogue Avatar

Just wanted to post to let you know, your video guide is very useful. Thank you for them.

Clearly you've heard the fast forward not a good idea. Or at LEAST slow it down and pause during turns and directional changes.

Otherwise, always a pleasure to see them!

Sara Dreygon, Moonshadow and E n v y like this.
  8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

It's funny how many people think that the real chaosbringer is Starr.

How wrong they are! :D

Bodhbh Dearg and 4EverLost like this.
  9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Actually I think that you are saying it as you are thinking about the next step, not the one you are in currently. One can see this when you do it the first time.
    So it's due to you recording it while you are doing it instead of from a script or such.
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Th3_Jg5i9o&feature=player_embedded#t=527

"you go through and go to the right" is said after the bashed down part when you are in the corridor, but before the first right
    After doing that right turn you say "follow to the left...keep following around" which is actually what you do, you follow the wall on the left for two turns.
    It's only after the ghost in the last instance that you say "to the right" ...after... you have turned.

Epona and E n v y like this.
  10. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The REAL chaos bringer is

[​IMG]

11. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

muahahaha, please tell me he was playing a power cord right there!

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  12. Epona

Epona Avatar

I know. It was like hell night. Every pack, every elf, every mage, every skeleton was greeting me with death attacks. :)

13. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I managed to make it to the bottom of the mines on my own but it was quite a quite an intense groundhog day experience finding the tourguide among the ghosts.
    The thing that really bothers me is the amount of nausea that builds up in the windy passages. I try to avoid situations that cause me develop motion sickness, but unfortunately the combination of dark & windy passages, rapid movement to avoid mobs and frustration at getting lost is exactly what does it for me. I got my goggles but I'll be taking a long break now to calm my headache.

Lady Cathan likes this.
  14. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

It always strikes me how opposite Starr and Richard are from their in-game presences...

Someone suggests Cannibalism... Starr goes "Uhhhmmm...", Richard goes "Yes, gotta have that!"...
    New items to test, Starr goes "We'll need to identify people to test this", Richard hands it out to the first person asking about it...
    It just cracks me up everytime... Especially the chaos that ensues on the forums afterwards! :p

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  15. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Exactly.

They surpassed Role Playing Game. They don't roleplay their characters.

They roleplay their PLAYERS!

16. Cathan

Cathan Avatar

I went through the Crag Foothills again with a guildmate, and the numbers of elves and wolves were normal again (2-5 instead of 8-12). MUCH better. But... way too many ghosts in the mines. I finished the quest by dying, looking for an ankh, finding a portal through which I could see an ankh, but not reach one, and then respawning only to find I was right at the guide already! Whew!

Katrina Bekers and Kara Brae like this.
  17. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I get that too. For me it's the camera zooming in and out as it desperately tries to stay within the passageway, I really wish it would just stay at the distance I've set it at. It would be a nice touch if walls between my avatar and the camera went semi-transparent but I appreciate this may be a bit complicated to implement but it wouldn't be the end of the world to just not see anything for a few moments as I'm moving around.

18. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

might have to give up on this one can't get threw vratas pass had a easyer time in the craige mines only had a bout 4 deaths there now i have totaly trashed my armor and weapons twice trying to get thew the pass :(

well managed to stuble accross blood river apearently you don't have to go threw varatas pass am lost though on the world map hopefully won't take me cpl days to find a town to repair

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  19. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

You can take the long, long way around from the other pass. No trolls around there - not the big, stomping kind, at least. What's it called again, you know the one by Deloris? Delosis? Delaware? Well, you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

20. Retro

Retro Avatar

Shameless bump...Thanks again...

The ghosts were a pain...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.