Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tour Guide - Highwayman Hat Walkthrough

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by E n v y V I, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

You can still solo it but the lag really kills you:rolleyes: or at least, it does me in.

E n v y likes this.
  2. Zassik Dreadmort

Zassik Dreadmort Avatar

I had trouble with the Phoenix part but that's it. It's pretty easily done after about 4 hours of leveling but I wear chain and had decent crafted gear. It'll depend on your build I'm sure and of course connection.

I had a blast exploring the third area (I don't remember the name) once I got past the pile of ridiculously high dps slimes. It gave me new hope for what zones will begin to look like in the future.

Widsith [MGT], E n v y and Epona like this.
  3. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Well after a couple of hours fruitless and aimless wandering in South Grunvald Barrens and Wyntons Folly I gave in and watched the video. And huge thanks and congrats to Envy - it saved my life (sanity is already gone - too late for that:eek:)

And thanks to my Moongate Travelers guildies who helped me in the Epitaph - awesome!!

It's just hard when you get one pace from the tour guide and that phoenix does 131 points of crit damage - back to the start lad!!

Dinsoo [MGT], E n v y and Epona like this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I did it solo with the fire chicken completely unrestrained. I did get hot-winged the first couple of times before I learned to stand back from a safe distance while monitoring the magmatic mynah's mug, and waiting for a chance when it was turned the other way. (I understand that they had moved the tour guide a bit farther away before I got there, but it's still close enough to get perilously pecked if you're not prudent.)

My main problem was finding general directions of where to go, so when I came to certain points on the video that made me go "Aha!", I paused it and was able to get that part done.

Forest_Dweller and E n v y like this.
  5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Thanks for another great video! Someday you'll have to reveal how you manage to find the Tour Guides so quickly. I suspect that you either use bloodhounds, or you secretly planted GPS signal transmitters on them in an early release. Regardless, in R21 I am really too weak to go exploring in dangerous areas, so the video was a life saver. Lucky for me, the Wynton Folly Tour Guide had already been moved to a more accessible location. :)

E n v y and Dinsoo [MGT] like this.
  6. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I saw the guide there but wanted the experience of the bird so I jumped and went up. Two shots and OoooOOoo. No fair!

E n v y likes this.
  7. sake888

sake888 Avatar

FYI: I just completed the quest in WF and the Highwayman was standing down next to the Oracle. Of course after I got the hat, I had to jump up there and give the bird the bird. :D

Katrina Bekers, Epona and Elwyn like this.
  8. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

Oh it looks like they moved him down now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.