Tower of High Sorcery

Discussion in 'Player Groups & Guilds' started by Daevin Aruth, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Phebe

Phebe Avatar

Magi Phebe of the Life School of Magic requesting consideration of inclusion into the Order of the White Robes

2. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Information session for those intetested will be held at the Tower in Rift's End today at 1 pm central. Feel free to teleport to Audacity.

Thanks!

Numa, Vox Aquila and Cassyr Dubois like this.
  3. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Oh MAN! I can't get home until 5 at the earliest. But I'll be with you in magical spirit. And let me know if there are things I need to know!

Vox Aquila and Audacity like this.
  4. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

I, High Priestess of Chaos, Amber Raine seek consideration for entry into the Tower of the Black Robes

Dinsoo, Numa, Vox Aquila and 2 others like this.
  5. EmberFlame

EmberFlame Avatar

I have a question, and forgive me if it's already been answered. There's a lot of info to sift through!

How do you handle TMs that flux in their given Order (e.g.- I specialize in Water, and change to Fire)? Is it just as simple as "put on different color robes, then"? Will there be a process for upper management to track/accept members changing Orders? What about those that should have started out in a particular Order (e.g. - most new mages would be Red Mages due to their training in Fire), but have explicitly expressed intent to specialize elsewhere?

Perhaps the lack of such a process is currently intentional, to be later defined by Head Magis, and is designed, among other things, to create room for Outlaw Magi to move more freely at the start until the system is better locked down?

Am I just overthinking it? Entirely possible.

Would love to hear your input in any case!

Vox Aquila likes this.
  6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

The Master of the Tower of High Sorcery will return soon. He is currently on a sojourn of great importance.

7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

House Serenite of Grunvald is seeking advice and guidance on having a sanctioned Tower of High Sorcery. We understand that @Daevin Aruth is away.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss. I have had some discussions with @Cassyr Dubois regarding the Towers.

Thank you.

Numa, Jonah Hayes, Baratan and 2 others like this.
  8. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

I have been on vacation the last four weeks and Audacity has been taking care of Tower buisness but I shall be back this upcoming weekend 17-18 December 2016 to bring magic back into focus for Novia. Audacity.... you've done a fine job.

9. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Errr, robes can be dyed now.

Korim Rackham and Vox Aquila like this.
  10. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

[Deleted]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Vox Aquila likes this.
  11. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Apologies for the size of that. I have had discussions with @Cassyr Dubois (disclosure: he and I discuss other matters), and although I was unsure where <House Serenite of Grunvald>'s interests lie with regard to the newly built Obsidian Tower in Serenite, this perhaps has made it clearer to me. I look forward to discussing matters with other members of the Conclave to arrive at a decision on where our new Tower may go along this journey to becoming a Tower of High Sorcery.

Korim Rackham and Vox Aquila like this.
  12. Numa

Numa Avatar

Great adaptation of the Tower of Sorcery concept to SOTA! I've been to Rifts End and was very impressed by the layout btw. Now my questions :

1) Is there a minimum level to achieve in the magic school of your choice?
    2) How many times can you take the Test ?
    3) I have put up a small library in Breaker's Landing and have dedicated the 3rd floor to Arcane & Esoteric lore. Would it be possible to copy some books from the Great Library if I was a member ?
    4) The strictures on impersonation of a TM member sounds like there is going to be PvP or limited PvP - will there be ? (I think that's a great idea !)
    5) Unfortunately , I don't have Elven robes - is there some alternate clothing type that I can dye to match the colors of my Order ?

Many thanks!

13. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

I will be hosting a (meeting) gathering of people who are interested in the Tower of High Sorcery on December 18, 2016 at 8pm Eastern time.

UPDATED:
    Meeting held and a few people attended. Questions asked and answered. If you missed the meeting then please friend myself in game, Audacity or Cassyr Dubois and we will get you the answers you need.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Crumpets, Numa and Cassyr Dubois like this.
  14. Numa

Numa Avatar

Snapshot of the orientation Daevin held last Dec 18. From left to right - Crumpets, Cassry, me , Daevin and Master Elf (on the fireplace) :)

[​IMG]

15. Numa

Numa Avatar

Snapshot of the orientation Daevin held last Dec 18. From left to right - Crumpets, Cassyr, me , Daevin and Master Elf (on the fireplace) :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    majoria70 and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  16. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

17. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

The new year is upon the precipice of the Towers of High Sorcery. Activity and interest is increasing. If you are a Mage and have an interest in what you have been reading in this thread I encourage you to reply, ask questions and become involved and as interest grows so does the influence and standing of the Towers of High Sorcery in the world of Novia.

What can people look forward to in 2017? These are a few things that you will see.... Towers of High Sorcery will be expanding as more Towers are sanctioned. The shelves of the Great Library becoming populated with lore and useful information. Advancing more quickly in your magic school of choice as you adventure with Grandmasters from the Towers of Sorcery and much more waiting to be revealed....

Cassyr Dubois, Numa, Stundorn and 3 others like this.
  18. Crumpets

Crumpets Avatar

I found the guidance of Grandmaster Cassyr Dubois of the Black Tower very helpful. I'd like to thank both him and Grandmaster Aruth for the time they have put into this and would encourage mages to look into this opportunity for learning and adventure.

Cassyr Dubois, Kvow Triumvir and Numa like this.
  19. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

There has been some movement in the force... a Tower of High Sorcery: Order of the White Robes has been spotted.

20. Numa

Numa Avatar

Finally! uh...where?? :confused: