Town Crier: Show Vendor Names

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Bryweyh, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

I think it would be a nice feature of the town crier to also open another window with Vendor Names and to be able to set marker to the lot as well. More advanced feature to sort by last time restocked :)

Also, when searching for vendor I tend to type first three letters to see if a vendor has an item I want (Man instead of Mandrake) and then I walk to next vendor and have to re-input what I had typed...I think it would be nice if the text didn't reset each time or to make it so the show window can auto-fade and doesn't close so that when I double click the next vendor the same task is achieved.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

It should show shop names, but I think the shop name and the vendor name should be a different thing, because the game shouldn't encourage vendor names to basically be advertisements. Shop names should go on the shop signs.

Plus even separating a 'shop name' from a 'shop description' would maybe work out better, because ideally you don't want players to feel they have to use their shop names as advertisements, either.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Oh, another thing is I'd rather frame that as 'lot name' rather than shop name, because I might have a lot set up as a garden, or an observatory, or library, and I'd want that information to be on the Town Crier rather than my player name, even if there's no vendor on the lot.

4. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

Yea I hope shopping around becomes easier after having spent much time browsing for mats these last 2 weeks...its time consuming as hell lol like I recall the name of the vendor but I tend to forget where I saw the vendor especially more difficult when encumbered and trying to do the same feat :D

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Good idea. How often are you looking for a store in particular, and know it's name, but not the owners?

6. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

@Bryweyh
    Good idea with the town crier and about the text you have to type again and again…maybe some kind of favorites could be used. E.g. you can somehow declare specific products to favorites and by clicking on a favorite-button all other items “disappear” or favorites are always at the beginning of the item list of a vendors or...

Bryweyh likes this.
  7. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

A lot of times lol

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Good idea.

Speaking of town criers. Everyone needs to visit the town crier in Northwood. Say Greagoir Pendragon sent you*.

* no guaranteed results or
    Anything like that.

Bryweyh likes this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Before I throw this over on the list @Bryweyh , how do you envision a lot with multiple vendors showing up working in the UI?

Also, saved search terms is on the list, as well as a wishlist.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  10. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

@Vladamir Begemot That's a great question, I think that perhaps if you hover the mouse over one of the vendor names and they have multiple vendors, that it will also appear similar to seeing item stats.

11. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I want to go to the town crier and tell him "Dude, I need Mandrake, like serious" and bam all vendors that have it in stock highlight or wave until I reset that at the towncrier.

That would make things soooo much easier.

12. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

Hey even add the ping lots key to light up the ones that have your favored items! :D

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Boom, there it is.

Updated the Aggregation thread.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.