Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Town Exits under a siege, what is the expected behavior of the exits?

Discussion in 'Release 57 QA Feedback' started by Anpu, Aug 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When leaving a town, you sometimes get a prompt allowing you to bypass the siege (This seems to be currently the way POT exits are working). I was just in Jaanaford, and leaving the Southwest exit there, gave me no prompt, and just took me to the Overworld (it didn't take me to the siege). You can of course still enter the siege from the overworld.

Just curious how these should be working, and if not, which ones to post as bugs.

2. Undone

Undone Trap Master Moderator SOTA Developer

This is the correct behavior. Siege is automatically bypassed upon leaving a town. The issue was that the popup was not consistent with how we want players exiting scenes so we just did away with it entirely.

Elrond, Elwyn and Jaesun like this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

This seems to be half true. Leaving a town by walking bypasses the siege. However, leaving a town using a boat or wagon gives you an option to bypass the siege (as I've bugged).

Elwyn, Daxxe Diggler and Mishikal like this.
  4. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

It might be a good idea to get rid of the "Besieged Town" text on the UI if this is the new direction. It feels odd not being able to enter the siege on exit if you really wanted to after seeing that text. Exiting town only to re-enter for the siege? Two loading screens?...

Maybe add an NPC looking for assistance during sieges at each exit?... It would add to the world, but it sounds higher cost than just adding a custom pop-up for exiting during a siege.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Scout NPC, can transport you to the siege, sounds good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.