Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Town Occupancy Indicators - feedback

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by lollie, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lollie

lollie Avatar

The town occupancy indicators for towns that seem to have basically - nobody - living in them look pretty horrible.

Here's an example -

[​IMG]

I suggest instead changing indicators to differing icons rather than making them dynamic icons (where fewer and fewer buildings are placed on the foundations to the point you get a bunch of flat foundations as above appearing on world map). By differing icons I mean having just one building appear if low population...without the empty foundations around it. If empty put a tent down or a flag or something to show there's nobody in.

Reasoning being, the empty foundations look like unfinished images more than they look like population indicators. The world map looks worse for this new feature as it stands, rather than better. Most important thing would be to remove the empty foundations, so that the icon representing each town appears finished and not accidental or incomplete.

Could have a range of different icons from tent/flag (indicating totally empty) to one building then two buildings and so on. And the different buildings could reflect the biome (forest/swamp/desert/etc) for POTs, and whatever style best represents the PRTs and NPC Towns (world map would be interesting with such a range of different icons).

I realise this is a request for an extra ton of work, but it would make this feature loads more fun for everyone (as well as make world map look much more polished and realistic).

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Are there any lot markers placed in that town?

x_Selene_x likes this.
  3. lollie

lollie Avatar

Ran around it a bit and saw zero lot markers. This is an example of a totally dead town. No lot markers (that I could see) and no people (because of that no lot marker thing).

A town like this could have a gravestone icon haha (just kidding)...maybe give it a flag or a tent to show it has been claimed as a town or something. I was thinking a town with lot markers and at least one claimed lot could have a single small building in style of biome (if POT) or in style that devs have chosen for town (if PRT or NPC town), and onwards from there for greater claimed lots and activity.

4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

In the PaxLair area overland map overland map indicators do NOT use the whitish blank space an indicator. Location noted below shows thwe boxes near Brittany. Please make boxes look more natural for area, grass, woods, desert space and perhaps a smaller version of the burnt out house for empty towns, might be better than grave markers, but anything a bit more immersive then the boxed area.

11/10/2016 7:50 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? no
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 16277
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series GPU RAM: 4073
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.413.Date.11.08.16
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (159.9, 15.7, 53.7)

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Chatele like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.