Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

towns need a geographical identity...and cloaks now need less starch

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Malchor1, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Things are going in the right direction however the fact that the town map locations dont correlate with what you see when you enter an instance is disappointing. A seaside town or town on a beach on the overland map should be reflected in the instance you enter, much like the old ultima towns. Hopefully this will be addressed in later releases. And please fix the stiff and warped cloaks

2. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

If I understand the release notes correctly, the "stiff and warped cloaks" is a known issue with the 64 bit build. I'm sure it will be fixed:)

Link_of_Hyrule and Malchor like this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah we've been complaining about that for at least 3 releases. I think it's a must. Seaside Hex should equal Seaside Village.

NRaas, Malchor and Kaisa like this.
  4. Malchor

Malchor Avatar

I agree. One of my biggest concerns is the creation of "cookie-cutter" towns and villages. Although I understand the concept that players will ultimately develop the identities of the locations, there needs to be some variation. I believe that geographic differences are a must, but beyond that, the towns need a bit of customization. A beach town should have sand, water and perhaps a really good fish market or shipyard, AS WELL AS VARIATION IN MUSICAL SCORE...sort of what has been done with Kingsport and Owls Head -- otherwise, we will have rows and rows of pointless housing placeholders. I also think there should be some NPCs and NPC establishments in each town. General stores, basic provisions, basic weapon shops and perhaps a "specialty shop" based on location can be incorporated. Again, I understand that players will drive the towns, but the presence of these NPCs can help stabilize the economy, set benchmark prices, help avoid exploitation and give otherwise bland, monotonous housing locations a unique quality. I'd love to know that I'd have to travel half way around the globe to a small village that is the sole proprietor for torches that are brightest and last the longest! The specialty items/vendors can also be an incentive for player owned towns.
    Otherwise, lots of progress so far. Thanks for listening.

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

We need player shops, absolutely. I'm not sure why they haven't thought of this. I guess the housing is supposed to double as shops, but...

Why are there no Taverns, Inns, Blacksmiths, Bordellos, etc. .. ?

Hazard likes this.
  6. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

Surely these thing you mention must come, but at a later date?

7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I wonder if there will be towns without player lots, too. Just NPCs living there - maybe for story reasons...

8. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

All these things are a must, because rows and rows of player housing just doesn't seem to be that entertaining. I've said it before in a previous thread, meaningful and memorable npc's are a must. As they set the tone for many towns and adventures

9. redfish

redfish Avatar

There'll be guild-owned buildings. We'll have to see what they offer for this.

10. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I thought that R6 cloaks were pretty much there.

11. Pedro Luis

Pedro Luis Avatar

A bit of customization... well placed! Some of the special cities that I enjoyed playing in Ultima Online possess a very unique identity...like Trinsic, Magincia, Serpent's Hold...

Malchor1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.