Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Training Skills Advance Even When You're Not Using Them

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Bedawyn, Aug 27, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

08/27/2019 16:16
    Title: Training Skills Advance Even When You're Not Using Them
    Reproduction Rate: ------------
    Blocker? No

Details: There are several skills that are supposed to advance "when a relevant skill is used", but in fact they advance when completely IRrelevant skills are used. I've found myself having to constantly break character to go turn off training of skills that I WANT to be training, because they should be improving when I'm adventuring, but instead they're improving for no reason when I'm sitting around the house doing nothing. The ones that have annoyed me most recently are Train Strength, Armor Preservation, and Quick Swapping, advancing on a character who hasn't been in an adventure zone for weeks, hasn't been in combat mode for weeks, is doing absolutely nothing but decorating her house in a POT and occasionally casting Light from the utility bar because the candles aren't bright enough to see by -- and her Light spell training is also turned off. So why should this be advancing her adventuring skills?

Steps to Reproduce: -----

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4) System RAM: 8089
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 GPU RAM: 2150
    SotA.Win.64.1029.Date.08.15.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Fallin' Green
    Area Display Name: Fallin' Green
    Loc: (-18.4, 38.2, 270.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxGYWxsaW4nIEdyZWVufCgtMTguNDA3LCAzOC4xOTQsIDI3MC41MDEpfCgwLCAwLjQ4NSwgMCwgMC44NzUpfDU4LjAxNjg5fDEwfDEuMjU=

2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Apparently casting light and fishing also makes you better at Armor Weak Points.... *shakes head*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.