Trammel Ruined UO

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by rschultzy80, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Sorry but constructing a straw man is just that. I didn't read that Godspeed said what you claim, so I was pretty baffled at your reaction. If you choose to get offended, then you do.

2. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

Even if SOTA was "Open PVP with full loot" you won't get the experience that you want. I haven't played UO but from what I understand, Trammel was a world with non-consensual PVP where all the players who didn't like the way you played (Carebears as you so lovingly call them) could escape to. The "danger" was thus removed presumably because the population in the original world dropped.

So let's say SOTA does implement Open PVP with full loot. What do you think the carebears will do? They'll play Single Player Online (or the Friend Online for guild play) 99% of the time, only showing up at the main cities in multiplayer when they have goods to sell or whatever. I'd say this would rather limit your ability to PK since that population wouldn't be in multiplayer mode.

In other words, there is already a Trammel in SOTA. It's been built in. So would I, someone who doesn't want to have non-consensual PVP cry? Nope, I would simply avoid being in the multiplayer world for as long as I can.

3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

If you want a challenge , go solve This:

[​IMG]
    Just don't try to force your own gameplay on others.

Trammel didnt ruin UO, becuse that was 15 years ago, and the game is still here. Period.

4. YuriGaDaisukiDa

YuriGaDaisukiDa Avatar

the purpose was to increase the target audience

thats why they made siege to cater to the open pvp types

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Tram didn't ruin UO. But what ruined Fel was the ongoing instance of imposing a Trammy style ruleset to protect Trammys who decide to visit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.