Trammel Ruined UO

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by rschultzy80, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borg

Borg Avatar

Translation to your reply:

I want the game my way if you don't like it get out of here.

Its so funny both translations look the same to me :)

2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Funny I'm pretty sure I have always said I want the game presented on kickstarter...but if you want to fling poop.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  3. na0cho

na0cho Avatar

got to about page 5 in this age old debate.

I was always a fan of non consensual pvp.

I was griefed, and had been the griefer.

I was one of the proud who got killed, griefed , ganked, basically pooped on in all aspects of the game. THIS IS WHAT DROVE ME TO LEARN PVP. Soon enough I was the aforementioned griefer!.

I did my fair share of concensual pvp as well >guild wars, chaos/order, factions.

All that being said, SOMETHING had to happen to limit this. Trammel might not have been a perfect solution, but SOMETHING was needed.

Ive seen other full pvp full loot games just die from population loss due to casuals being constantly killed and dry looted whenever they tried to grind levels,gold,gear etc.

Darkfall is a great example. I had thought that game would fill my uo void, and for a while it did.

If anyone can figure out a way to implement a system that makes everyone happy, I hope its Lord British.

Also I really really really really would like stealing in some form PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

oh and some treasure hunting like in the old days....

Bodhbh Dearg and Keira OFaolain like this.
  4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I wish i could've saved you earlier! Certain people are hypocrites on here and will say "oh so now your telling us to go play another game, and its all about playing your way!" trust me those same PVE people have told us PVP to do the exact same thing!

But they will swear they didn't! Just go back and look at any locked thread in PVP and you'll see the SAME people over and over! Even though they have PVE and never have to participate in PVP they will still complain, and they have all they need already! So nothing is hurting their PVE! nothing at all! they don't have to participate, they don't have to accept duel, or accept PVP in open PVP areas! So there is nothing stopping them from playing their way!

But guarantee when we want to have PVP, or make any suggestions about PVP they are the first to jump in and attack your belief! Then they'll turn around and say "they are not grieving" Its funny how contradictory they are! I just laugh at them!

They try to look like they are all innocent and turn around and grief the PVPr (grieving is what they complain about as the reason they hate PVP! Even though they themselves grief others!),

Then they try to break PVP up in all different forms, and claim they are PVPrs (which in all actuality they are not!) So i look back and ask myself "isn't that trying to lean the game towards their play only?" Exactly what they say we are trying to do!? In actuality, they are doing that to us!

Not once have i heard any PVPr tell them how they should play PVE!!!! We as PVP should not have to sway to their way of gaming, but it always turns out being one sided in their favor! (get used to that!)

The Facts are right there in front of them! They don't have to participate in PVP! I hope certain people stay in PVE! (personally i don't want to play with people like that, it ruins my game!) There are certain people that should not come into PVP, because of they way they abuse these forms and others! Those people will be the first to get ganked in PVP, because of they way they are here in the forums!

So to sum it up if i was you, i would only message other PVP and talk about your ideas, or some people in here will contradict everything you say, all of the time! without thinking twice!

All of us PVPrs, PK and PK hunter a like talk in the shadows, amongst ourselves, through messaging! Its a waste of time to talk about PVP in forums! You probably already see the repeat customers in PVP that are against it by this time! We PVP are still here so don't think we have left, we haven't!, We are still here stalking the forums, and adding "little black book entries"! We also understand that we have picked PVP for our game play, and can play that, given the options we are given in SoTA! So Message any of us well discuss with you with out argument and static!

Dean478 and Keira OFaolain like this.
  5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

You are so out to lunch with all this...many people argue against changes that you wish for that will change the rest of the game...so in that regard, of course I and others will comment on it. Changes like full loot etc....No one cares if it only affects the one style...but since they are testing combat in pvp to bring it up balance and such people will also comment on that.

I think you would get much better results if you argue against the ideas people have instead of slashing out at people assuming there is some massive conspiracy to get you.

If you feel that you need to lash out in game because I disagree with you on the forums, feel free when I am in pvp mode(won't be all the time though, find it a when in the mood thing).

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yeah i knew you would respond with something! Some things never change! Oh, ill be in PVP waiting! :)

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Note I didn't point fingers and cry conspiracy? I stated why I comment...and why I disagree with some of the things you say. Much more constructive.

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yeah well Ive stated what Ive experienced so far here in the forums! by the way i didn't mention anyone ( you can go back and look to see if i did but i promise i didn't mention any names, i was generalizing ! I could be talking about somebody else! Dont be so insecure!

9. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Yes, silly I was thinking you were posting about me. I think I will generally just avoid you because you take things very personally.

10. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

you guys are hilarious.

Can't we just agree to disagree?

Bodhbh Dearg and blaquerogue like this.
  11. redfish

redfish Avatar

Maybe they disagree about agreeing to disagree, and are agreeing to disagree about that. 8/

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

one thing you and i do have in common, is we don't like the other changing or effecting our game play! whether its PVP or PVE! There are far many more people in these forums, that i personally don't care about because of our pasts (being reported and banned for fighting back after they said some ban-able stuff to me! and them not getting banned!), They already know who they are without me having to point a finger)

I wont avoid you because even though we have our differences some things you say, do make sense, and you have a right to state your beliefs! even if i don't agree!

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah i just did! :) but i think Rune may miss this since he/she is going to avoid me :(

14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Oh good then you got that last post :) Im not that bad of a guy! I get heated sometimes, but so does everyone if they are passionate about something, and im not a PKr so you really dont have to look out for me in PVP im normally the guy that runs in and heals you then continue with whatever i was doing at the moment, but if you do attack then its game on!! ;)

Sir Cabirus and Keira OFaolain like this.
  16. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

I agree with most things you say, but I think that most PvP players sooner or later became friends and ganged together against mentioned resource gatherers and newbies, getting away from the "honorable" PvP back to grieving.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

from a Pk hunter no we never did! We would go to where the reds where and hunt them down! If you were to beat down noobs at resources you were considered a pkr. You never played a PK hunter have you, if you did and went down that dishonorable path then we as PK hunters would've considered you a PKr/red and hunted you too! Please don't bring shame to the Pk Hunter, that saved a lot of noobs butts and gave them free gear to survive!

18. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

only noobs hunted noobs

Keira OFaolain and blaquerogue like this.
  19. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

You forgot the PK that does everything to win, which involves bug abusing cheating etc.
    The last MMO I played (NWO) the PvP community was/is the largest bug abuser society you can imagine.

My experience was that most PvP'ers just like a cheap win (aka. farming Trammies when they come for a 120 PS) and not a "real challenge".
    I have yet to meet a PvP players that does disengage when he finds out his "victim" is no challenge at all.

You are a minority. Strangely, the PK grievers also claim that they do not grieve. like "You went to Fell, live with it."

Sounds better than nothing. Consequences of murder.
    This was and will be abused, i.e. you put a bounty on my head, I have a friend claim the bounty on my head and we split it.

Maybe the developers ignore them because there is no money there.
    If you have 1 beautiful, strong but crazy dog (=PK) and you put it together with only other crazy and strong dogs, you wind up with only 1 crazy and strong and wounded, but sated, dog. All the other dogs were eaten (=quit). The food for the dog would be other players ... but they don't like to be fed to dogs.

You nailed the reason why I do not like PvP. Exactly.

My general views:
    Not many players seemed to like PvP because it was necessary to entice PvE player into PvP with better rewards.
    The "added value" of farming in Fell was the adrenaline, right? Then why was it necessary to have better items in Fell?
    Answer: to feed the PvP grievers

I have a connection with about 200ms on average to the US, peaking to 400ms at times.
    PvP is useless and boring for me while dev's cannot handle latency as I would expect, meaning a 20ms ping does not provie a serious advantage over others.

Basically I have no problem with PvP/PK but it should happen on even footing. I spent many nights on our LAN, playing against others.
    But there was no cheating/mechanics abusing and equal ping for all. I like this kind of competition. But I have yet to see it in the wide web, where honor was killed by anonymity 20 years ago.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

all people will find cheats, and exploits not just pkrs or PVP. PVE can also do all that for instance in UO forever mining with a program to just do that only where you sit there for days on end mining mining, thats also kind of an exploit. all types of players can cheat and exploit, not just one or two types of people!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.