Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Translations on by default

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by MrBlight, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Exactly what the title says.

Theres yet to be a new person who i havnt had to direct to the options to turn translations on.

Im all for immersion, but this needs to defaulty be set on. The tutorial is bad enough, and people struggle to familiarize as is. A simple fix to ease some of that annoyance.

Blight

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Problem is that we didn't finish translations and everything in every supported language is more than just rough around the corners for a ton of reasons that would just derail your topic. Plus everything is at halt at the moment anyway.
    Setting it to on by default would leave a lot of people stuck in different parts of dialouges.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    MrBlight likes this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Thats.. an interesting point.
    I jusy looked at it as sheer annoyance always having to walk new people through it who are lost all the time.
    Props to a good counter on something i didnt think could be.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Oh I understand your annoyance.
    There are quite a few people out there that want to use a different language option for different reasons.
    It's just not possible at the moment and it will take us more time to make it possible.
    We are all volunteers after all ;-)
    Plus some technical issues.
    If you want to help with translation all teams still gladly accept more volunteers hehe.
    But as I said everything is at a halt at the moment.

5. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

I think you two are talking about 2 different things... Blight means the overworld map, the option that you check if you want to see the names of all the cities and zones in runic or not... I think Atogrim is talking about the translation packs that change all npc dialogue and menus and everything in the game to different languages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.