Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Traversing Vauban Pass

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Asclepius, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I was intrigued by this and wanted to give it a go. Here is the unedited footage of my attempt.
    Bear in mind that I had not seen this place before; a couple of false starts were due to not being sure where to go. Also I lost a few seconds before I realized that you don't click on the gate to open it - there is a lever at the side!
    Having said that, it is NOT easy, or a place for young players!

After this experience, I revised my deck, and stacked it with heals and passives. At Level 67 I required 23 glyphs, to avoid getting stuck with slugs. So I created a "Control Point" deck, comprising:
    Healing Touch x 4
    Healing Ray x 3
    Health Potion x 5
    Dash x 2
    Sprint x 3
    Dodge x 3
    Evasion x 2
    Air's Embrace x 1 (to make up the numbers)

The journey back was easier!

So, some suggestions and guidelines for dealing with this and other control points:
    1) Do not under any circumstance engage in combat. You will die horribly.
    2) Get yourself a deck with all the heals, resists, speed advantages you can find.
    3) Head down, tail up and RUN LIKE HELL. Keep pumping the heals, speed boosts, evasion etc and you might just get through.
    4) If you make it, feel free to give the finger to the mercenary mage who wants to overcharge you just for the quick trip to the other side.

Hope it helps:)

2. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Coconuts! and I was able to sneak through going the long way around. Had to kill one wolf about midway while I stopped to heal up a bit before continuing on.

Spoon, Kendric Darrow and Asclepius like this.
  3. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

The more glyphs you have hard-locked the less glyphs ya need in your hand to avoid slugs. I would move your buffs down and lock them.

If you have 5 locked gylphs you only need 18 in your deck to avoid slugs for example.

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I ran though there once yesterday too. I forgot to bug report this (will do that ASAP) but I noticed that the "Gates" appear to be illusions. I was able to run right through them without clicking on the lever on the wall.

I think that was before the 396 patch, so it might be fixed now. Maybe I'll try it again before reporting the bug.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I haven't got a chance to try this pass yet, but isn't it the same as Vertas pass? Why is it harder than any other passes again? ( just curious)

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Didn't seem too hard to me... other than not knowing where to go the first time. The mobs were pretty similar in level to the other passes and there was only one spot where the archers slowed me down a bit. They didn't hit too hard though.

7. Cherico

Cherico Avatar

You run to the gate where you enter ... *loool*
    At the crossing at about 1:35 you have to go to the right to get to the other exit, not back to the beginning ;)

8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Is this another copy-paste job, of Vertas Pass tho? They are going to make all the copy-paste scenes unique one day I hope?

9. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Nope, new scene.

Fister Magee likes this.
  10. Beli

Beli Avatar

What makes it harder is the amount of Ebon cultish that you have to run thru.

Alexander, Kara Brae and Oba Evesor like this.
  11. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Well that's just embarrassing - thank you sir, well spotted!
    Wasn't going to let that one rest; I went back and faced them again. With the deck as described it wasn't too hard at all - I finally DID find the north exit, and emerged nearly at full health! So it is possible.......;)

Kara Brae likes this.
  12. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

This is identical to Sanctus Spine. Except that in Sanctus Spine ther eare Kobolds instead.

Kara Brae, Noric and Fister Magee like this.
  13. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

You missed it... So did I, avoid going into the control point and take the road straight up, it leads to other gate...

What makes this scene hard is the amount of archers & mages running from you, and the fact that when they hit you with critical hits, your target changes to them, and not on the person nearest you... I was constantly hitting alt, T, to get auto attack going again... Running after the archer / mages isn't fun because they rarely stop, allowing the other archer / mages to get a few hit on you in the back...

14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This is a problem

15. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Yes, and its compounded with the fact that the animation goes right, even when your locked on another target, so I was throwing many fire fists & stone fists, and hitting nothing but air, until I realized my target was over there... When I gave chase, they would run all over before stopping for just a few seconds, enough time for the others to hit me in the back....

Yes, a Big problem for the single player trying to get to Graff Mine... Also the mobs in the mine respawn now, so mining is more dangerous than ever there too... Many more mobs too...

Chatele and Fister Magee like this.
  16. agra

agra Avatar

That'll make the tamers happy. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.