1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Travian Transition On Hold

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Greetings Avatars,

In the past weeks we have worked closely with Travian Games to expand our services and to support all of the features that you are used to with a dedicated website for the players in Travian Games territories.

Pursuing this goal, the customer experience and service we deliver to you has always been our highest priority. We carefully considered and evaluated the feedback that came from you during the last weeks when working on the requirements for the site.

As of this time, there are still too many features (like support for Monthly Livestreams, POT form, heraldry, gifting, physical address collection, ...) that are not yet fully implemented. To assure that we deliver the best possible service for you, Portalarium and Travian Games have decided to postpone this transition until further notice.

We thank you for all the feedback and support and as always will inform you as soon as we have news for you.

Please note that the store credits conversion to crowns is still happening as scheduled on May 7.

Your Shroud of the Avatar Team

2. Iain

Iain Avatar

yippee

liz_the_wiz and majoria70 like this.
  3. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

Great news as the support you have given me in the past has been exemplary given the time zones between the US and the UK.

4. Elay

Elay Avatar

+1

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  5. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

Spoon and Khal Drogo like this.
  6. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

@DarkStarr Another example of how you and your team put quality and player experience first! This is good news :)

Rentier, FrostII and Cordelayne like this.
  7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

As someone who wasnt keen on the move, I do fee much better that this is not a "just going to be done anyway" thing but you are going to make sure its right before it happens. Thank you.

8. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

@DarkStarr I very much appreciate this decision as it surely is a very challenging task to delivery a better or even an equal experience with another site comparing to the excellent original site and support level from portalarium. Make it a choice and I always vote to stay shroudoftheavatar.com as I did for the last 5 years.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Thank you for listening to our concerns.

10. Curt

Curt Avatar

Wonder if we will use same account and password on the new site or will be something we link to our current.

11. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Very reassuring that you are taking care about this - but please, please, in future don't just announce stuff like this out of the blue as 'this is happening almost immediately', the small explosion you got from some of us was absolutely avoidable if you'd just run through what you intended to do for us to discuss with you first. We don't mean to try run your business for you, but we can help point out things that you folks miss, especially about perception and perspective on what is being done.

Everything that seems to have been pointed out by us is being taken on board, which is excellent news, but the way it was originally done (and that so much had not been finalised before it was publicly announced as happening) should never be repeated. I came very close to quitting about how it was handled, and I lost a couple of friends who had been backers for a long time over the way it all unfolded - I'm still not sure about staying with SotA, hardly felt like playing since that mess erupted and another experience like that would make the decision to walk away very simple indeed.

12. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

13. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

This is a good way to do it.

It's unfortunate the same care wasn't taken with the Black Sun deal and the people who got kicked over to them.

14. Humanexperiment

Humanexperiment Avatar

what about Black Sun? store bad works!!

15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Black Sun is a separate company from Travian Games with their own needs, so the same considerations couldn't be made there.

16. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

I guess you need to ask your questions about Black Sun in separate thread.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  17. Godra

Godra Avatar

And that is why I backed this company for so many years now. Portalarium has US, the backers/players, is the forefront. The bond is strong and I will continue to support this company for years to come!!!

Cerus likes this.
  18. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

Thank you kindly @devs:D

19. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

The problem would not be solved, even if ten times say that there is no problem. At the moment Travian web page and services are many times better than that BS can offer to us. But Travian with Port makes the transition on hold. And to rest of us who is under BS jurisdiction, this one offered for use: [​IMG]

20. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I was very worried, i made the experience that this type of sub contracting ends always with the sub contractor squeezing as much money as possible with the least possible customer service because it is not their own product and they are only in it for the money.
    Do not get me wrong money is important, but with the company making the protuct, Sota in this case, there is a certain pride involved that is lacking from a sub contractor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.