Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Treasure Chest booty in Bandit Roving Encounters

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The roving encounters with bandits all contain a treasure chest.

I am usually disappointed in the contents of the chest. I seem to always find only reagents in the chest, and though I play a mage build and reagents are useful to me, finding s single corpse wax in a treasure chest guarded by bandits is a bit of a let-down and not very realistic. Once in a high-level encounter I found several reagents in a bandits' chest, which was nice, but still I would expect to find reagents in a chest guarded by mages, not bandits.

I think it would be more appropriate for bandits to be guarding a chest full of gold (even if only 15 gold) and perhaps a weapon or piece of armor that can be sold or salvaged.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And also when you get pulled into an encounter, no one is around you. They seem to be attacking you for a reason on the over-world map and then you get in there to kick some butt or try to at least and they are like lalalala dadeeda why are you even here? It couldn't be because I pulled you into this encounter on the over-world map could it? Nah, I was just messin with you. I'm just doin my own thing until you get closer to me, then I'll let you have it, bam. ;)

And yes to them guarding the chest and more loot. the last chest I looted had like 2 sulfurous ash in it and hmm that should help me for a really long time, not ;)

uhop, Kara Brae, Budner and 1 other person like this.
  3. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I agree. These bandits are pitiful at their craft if that is all they are stealing or guarding. They need another profession.:D

lollie, Hazard, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I attack bandits on the overland map all the time. I don't think they had a chance to refill the chest up. You could help their cause by donating items.

Then again you could just give the items to me directly cutting out the middle bandit. ;)

Stormsong2, Leelu, Kara Brae and 2 others like this.
  5. Selene

Selene Avatar

Stop checkin' out my booty!

Just kidding... I think the bandits on the road are not very good at their job. Maybe they should consider a career change.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm pretty sure they'll get to this when they get around to reworking the loot tables. For now it's just a place holder.

Kara Brae and Leelu like this.
  7. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I notice that also with Skeletons, which I think is worse. I get pulled in and nada happens unless I go near the circle. I understand if you sneak behind them an intiate the encounter, but if they initiate it, I think there should be a different reaction. Not sure how easy to program a differiation between attacking and being attacked.

LoneStranger likes this.
  8. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Ive never seen a chest anywhere in the game with anything in it worth the effort to even walk over to it and open it.

9. Matt Harris

Matt Harris Avatar

It would be nice if there was a bit of gold in the treasure chests. Like the OP all I have seen in the wandering encounters are reagants.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes this is true Atticus I agree, but hopefully it will get better. This is just the first rendition of the new system of encounters. The Devs said they didn't have time to do anymore types right now, but there will eventually be friendly roving encounters that may ask you for help with something, or give you some mystery or task to solve. ;) I was being kind of joking with my comment before in case you couldn't tell my tone. ;)

11. redfish

redfish Avatar

Nah, I think they're too good at their profession...

Look at the individual bandits. They have a lot of gold each on their bodies when you loot them -- they must all be stealing from the chest.

Leelu, Theonetheonly and uhop like this.
  12. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

E
    Exactly! They must have known mages were being hit hard this release so only took the good stuff, leaving only the reagents behind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.