Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Treasure Chest in Bandit Roving Encounters still empty

Discussion in 'Release 37 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Phooey. I just entered a Plains Road encounter with bandits, and their treasure chest was completely empty. I was hoping this would be fixed in R37.

I admit to being disappointed if I find something like only one garlic in the chest, but finding nothing is much worse.

Area: Plains Road Encounter (RandomEncounter_Plains01_Road/HumanBandits_Tier2) Loc: (25.4, 35.6, -39.1)

Alexander and UncleBenny like this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think they have some timer (maybe 2 minutes?) that when you enter a scene, looting broken barrels and crates causes them to be empty. And once you've looted them and gotten nothing, I think they probably stay empty. This seems to apply to the bandit chests as well, even though they would probably qualify as an exception. And often the bandits are so weak to you that they're done for within a minute. Try waiting a bit longer before you loot the chest.

It took me a while to figure out this behavior, where when looting a particular crate right as I entered a particular scene always came up empty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.