Tree (Druid) house hinted at in pictures?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by bdo7, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

2. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

My bet is yes, but nothing has been released on the druid house. Why would they take the time to make a house like that and put it in one of the player ownable plots if we weren't going to get to buy one?

3. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

Oh, OK, didn't know if I had simply missed it. Something to look forward to!

I just don't know what to do with regard to housing. I'm tempted to pony up for the Knight's house, but if I can stump for a Druid's house later, I dunno.

(OK too many puns in that last sentence, sorry.)

4. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

I was just reading my email and saw this:

"Community member bdo7 posted in the forums that we should make the Druid house available as an add-on. We thought this was a great idea, so we did a little more work on it, and have included it in the Add-On Store."

(faints)

Wheee, I'm famous! :)

Seriously, thank you to Portalarium for listening and doing this for me! I mean, for us!

I guess I have to buy one now, or I'll look like such a putz...

EDIT to add:

It looks like it's for Town and City sized lots only. That's a minimum pledge level of $1500. Yikes. Sorry, don't think I can do that, guys. Thanks anyway. :/

(sound of balloon deflating) <- there goes my excitement

5. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

Can Tree Houses have basements like other houses, with roots as wall decors? ;o)

Mordecai and Seir like this.
  6. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Great idea! They will be doing Cave and Mine themes, would be cool to see a Tree Root theme as well :)

7. Explorer Hygard Jels

Explorer Hygard Jels Avatar

There is no way I can afford a town lot. But if a druid house becomes available in the village, I'll bid on it.

8. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

Same here, Hygard. (Actually I am in negotiations with the wife vis-a-vis a Lord pledge, but I'm not optimistic, lol)

I am assuming the reason there's not a village-level Druid house is simply that a village lot is too small for the house as they've designed it. It does kind of sprawl. Looks very nice, though!

Can the devs or someone at least give us a hint as to how long the "introductory sale" will last? Will there be some warning before it ends?

I might even buy one with the vain hope of someday owning a Town lot acquired in-game. (Someone told me that a rent-free Citizen lot can be upgraded later in the game to a rent-free Town lot... anyone know for sure if this is true?)

9. stile

stile Avatar

Id find it hard to imagine they wouldnt. To offer the ability to some hose but to then exlcude a few wouldnt go over well, and I dont think theres any extra tech involed to make it so they work on all.. theyre plot based vs. house based so to speak, as i underand it.

I agree, I was disapointed that theres not a village version of the druid house. My wife picked up a vilalge lot on her account, but as of yet no house. Just the one that came with it (the dinky one). Since she will be very interested in farming aspects of the game, the extra land may not be a bad idea... but honestly we where waiting for a druid village house specifically for her account *chuckles*. At this point weve thrown a 5 story basment on it, so shell have crafting storage if she doesnt upgrade her house and/or determines that she actually wants the smallest house possible so she has more farm land.

Lot of that may depened on what they give us for farming since it wont be an offical skill. but it makes since.. small house on big chunk of farm land.. going down underneath for storage.

10. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

I believe his question was whether we would see ROOTS in our basements under the Druid house, not whether it would be able to have a basement of any kind.

P.S. Got leave from the wife to pledge as much as I want on this game.

Currently in agony.

help

Wsye likes this.
  11. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I hope they don't have all housing types everywhere. I'd really like to see "house type x = tree house y in the tree village." There should be cities with no trees, cities with no stone, cities with no water, etc. Really like to see differentiated cultures.

12. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

dont worry, only those who buy the druid house will get one

13. stile

stile Avatar

End the Agony. Go Lord of the Manor, and you wont have to worry about it any longer

rild, smack and Wsye like this.
  14. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

not... helping.... lol

P.S. Maximum realistically would be Lord. I can't afford the other three words. :)

EDIT to add:

OK, you guys. Because you credited me with the idea of selling the house in the add-on store, I caved in and bought one. I'd feel silly if I didn't.

Thanks for making one of your customers feel special. :cool:

rild, smack and Explorer Hygard Jels like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.