Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Trophies - Need some diversity!

Discussion in 'Release 41 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Daxxe Diggler, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I realize that this isn't the highest priority in development right now, but I feel I have to make this suggestion as it will make for a better game. Hopefully this gets some attention at some point.

When making trophies from creature heads, all of the similar types have the exact same look, just a different color or size. These would make our trophy walls look 1000 times better if each one had a slightly different facial features to distinguish one from the other.

All of the wolves are exactly the same except for fur color and a slight size difference for a couple. This does give a visual difference, but it would be nice if they each had something else to make them look more unique. How about giving each one a scar in a different location or different eye colors, jaw features slightly different, etc.?

The crocodiles (Croc, Large Croc, and Son of Sobek - Yes, these are in game now! :D) are all exactly the same pose (open jaw with teeth in exact same pattern, color, etc.) For these, I would like to see different facial features too (scars, missing teeth, color variance, etc.) to show that they are not just a scaled up rendering of the smaller version.

Bears are the same deal too. Different colored fur and different sizes show some good diversity on these, but again its the same exact facial feature on all of them. Mix them up a bit please!

The fish trophies are good the way they are (different shapes and coloring to match the real life versions) but I'd like to see more fish variants in the future. I'm sure this is planned, just saying I want a big marlin and a shark to hang on the wall at some point too!

I haven't gotten the new Troll/Dragon/Phoenix ones yet, but I'm sure they will be unique since they are not sets.

Also, how about adding a spider set? An Elf set? Others?

Again, I know this isn't priority right now, but I'd be happy to hear whether this will be considered or not. The way they are now almost make me want to remove all but one of the same type from my wall because the uncanny likeness makes them look "fake" to me. Don't make me do that @DarkStarr !

2. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Great feedback! My only suggestion would be maybe they could allow us to use the different types of wood that would have different colors for what the trophy is mounted on.

Daxxe Diggler and Chatele like this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Still would like things like bearskin rugs ;)

Also, I'd like to see skull trophies personally, like troll skulls. :D Maybe you could convert the heads to skulls through some crafting process...

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

If they are going to do appearance variations for trophies, I'd rather see those variations on the mobs themselves. Every trophy looks the same because every creature looks like same. Variations please!

Jens_T and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  5. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

Stuffed trophies in different poses would be ideal to add to trophies, maybe have pristine carcuses drop for the recipes...

6. Manerd

Manerd Avatar

And we could select the different poses or features during crafting. I get a bear and select to make a rug or mount the head as a trophy.

Deathadder likes this.
  7. Albus

Albus Avatar

Human/humanoid trophies would make sense as well, elf ears, elf head, maybe heads on spikes, etc... Trophies from NPC humanoids mind you, not *just* from Player-characters ;)

Deathadder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.