1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Trophy Room Contest Submissions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

[​IMG]

This thread is for submissions and direct responses to submissions to the Trophy Room Contest ONLY. Please post questions in the Announcement Thread, as well as your suggestion for a title the participants will receive.

Have fun hunting, crafting, and decorating!

Time Lord and Black Tortoise like this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

THE HALL OF HAMMERS
    Kabalyero's Tribute to the God of Thunder, THOR :D
    (Who had his Hammer [Mjölnir] destroyed by Hela... LOL)

[​IMG]

Hela, the ruler of Hel, sets her eyes on Asgard but, before she can conquer the mighty city of the Gods, she needed to take out its greatest hero, the God of Thunder THOR, and she took him out of the picture by destroying his mighty Hammer, Mjölnir, and exiling him out in space. LOL!

You'll find the Hall of Hammers inside the first Ornate Greenhouse Row House near the entrance in the Player Owned Town of Bladewyke which is right next to the NPC Town of Etceter.

(Update: I updated the images with screenshots taken with a little bit of shadows.)

[​IMG]
    Just a shot of my Avatar surrounded with Hammers in the Hall of Hammers.

[​IMG]
    The same picture as the one above but with the User Interface displayed.

[​IMG]
    A shot of the right side of the Hall of Hammers

[​IMG]
    A shot of the left side of the Hall of Hammers

[​IMG]
    A shot of the Hall of Hammers from above the head of the Avatar.

[​IMG]
    Just another shot of the Hall of Hammers in a different angle.

[​IMG]
    My Avatar casting Ignite Flame while dual-wielding War Hammers.

[​IMG]
    Gathering resources in Twins Foothills for the Hall of Hammers. Fought Bandits to get War Hammers, fought Wolves and Bears to get Animal Hides and chopped Trees to get Wood.

[​IMG]
    Used the gathered Resources to craft a few decoratons like Brown Suede Ottoman, Wall Shelves and a Carved Oak Sidetable.

[​IMG]
    Fought Kobold Fighters and Hardened Skeleton Footmen in Elysium Mines to get Kobold Hammers and Heavy War Hammers for the Hall of Hammers.

[​IMG]
    Decorating the Hall of Hammers with the User Interface displayed.

[​IMG] Decorating the Hall of Hammers with the User Interface not displayed.

Again guys, the Hall of Hammers is located in the Player Owned Town of Bladewyke (right next to Etceter). It's in the first Ornate Greenhouse Row House near the entrance. Also, the first floor of the house is my store where you can buy all sorts of items at very reasonable prices (see screenshot of the store below).

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  3. Vulgaren

Vulgaren Avatar

The Outdoor Sportsman's Club
    [​IMG]
    My home is located in the Palisade protected central area in Brit Fields. It can be found by the potted grape vines, wall torch, and the Easter basket out front. I enjoy offering guided hunts and guided fishing tours.

This addition was a hunt that took place in Savenroc Timberlands where I was able to pick up the trail of a timber wolf and brought him down with my bow and arrow. I field Dressed the wolf, kept that beautiful pristine head and transported the carcass to my favorite crafting station located right next to Brit Fields Bank owned by Jatvardur. I placed the mount to the left of the fireplace in my home to accompany the many other mounts that I have obtained through hunting Bears, Wolves and Bucks. All of my fishing mounts are from various guided tours where I was able to fish up something worth hanging on the wall rather than eating.

I hope you enjoy, Happy Hunting!
    [​IMG]
    Predator spots prey. Spotting the first wolf of the day.
    [​IMG]
    The wolfs futile attempt to win this battle
    [​IMG]
    The killing shot as the wolf tries in vain to take out my pet squirrel before losing his own life.
    [​IMG]
    All dressed out and nowhere to go,,,,
    [​IMG]
    Materials gathered and ready to craft
    [​IMG]
    A tedious process this crafting! Tanning and mounting the head on to the boards.
    [​IMG]
    The end product
    [​IMG]
    Next to the fireplace in my Trophy Room I placed the Alpha male's head to the right of the Alpha female that was taken down last week. Currently I have the following mounts in my Trophy Room; 2 timber wolf, 1 desert wolf, 1 elder wolf, 1 arctic wolf, 1 patriarch bear, 1 brown bear, 1 grizzly bear, 1 polar bear, 1 crocodile, 1 Death Bunny head, 5 sets of mounted antlers, 1 mounted salmon, 1 mounted bass, and 1 mounted trout. I have other mounts throughout my home, I just ran out of room for trophies without it looking cluttered.
    [​IMG]
    Opposing view of trophy room
    [​IMG]
    Another view,,,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Located inside the palisade, central Brit Fields.

4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

http://imgur.com/a/8Lbvh

So I'm a newb at this.. if u cant see the pics or I did something wrong let me know.

bladewyke, in the crafting station basement.

@Berek does this meet the requirements of the contest?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  5. Berek

Looks great! I'm liking the cave type room, nice touch. We do mention to have at least 1 UI and 1 no UI on a couple of the categories. If you can look those over and can add any other screesnshots yet, otherwise we will still consider this if this is what you have, no worries.

6. AthenaBorune

AthenaBorune Avatar

Hello, I am Anastasia Fox and I am currently in the middle of moving from one town to another. For this reason I thank my dear friend Zamper for letting me use his house for this event (and as my current residence for the time being!) I am located in Mediolanum which is just outside of Owl's Head. When you go in run straight and go past the crafting tables, then go to your left down the road. We are the very last house on your right hand side with the iron fence (far south/south west side of town.)

[​IMG]
    Fighting off a dragon with my guild mates from Organized Chaos. In this group is Qhal Lus, IronMaiden, Mhtic, C'Nedra Borune, Blight Mister, and myself. C'Nedra has run to me for comfort as he dies at my feet. I shalt avenge you taking his head!

[​IMG]
    Same group as pictured above, but now we battle in the darkest of night! My eyes blurred from the blood dripping down my face as I try to clear my vision to be able to avoid the next attack.

[​IMG]
    Dukeing it out on top of a flying island in the beautiful Rhun Ruins. Since the island moves I was not able to grab the grave marker until the island made a full pass. Beautiful view with just a little blood shed.

[​IMG] Exploring the small wolf den in Deep Ravenswood to hunt down the elusive obsidian wolves. Take that you pesky boogers!

[​IMG]
    Fighting the Phoenix with my guildmates. Some are hiding off in the dark but in this group we have IronMaiden, Ox Null, Iron Marshall, Andartianna Zazeriz, C'Nedra Borune, Mhtic, Blight Mister, and myself. The phoenix shalt not claim the life of any of ours... but I shalt not be lucky enough to walk away with his head tonight.

[​IMG]
    Crafting the big scary Death Bunny mount! This will be the biggest mount in my collection! Oh, wait...

[​IMG]
    Crafting my new dragon mount in Verat Chaos! This will be the prize to my collection. I feel so lucky to have been able to get it within just a few hours of grinding. As you see in the picture I am removing all the liquid from the fire glands before mounting. I do not want to accidentally catch my house on fire while hanging it!

[​IMG]
    Crafting an obsidian wolf mount for my dear friend Zamper for letting me stay in his extra house. <3<3<3

[​IMG]
    This is my trophy room, again located in Mediolanum. It is a nice cozy place to lay down your weapons and relax with a bottle of wine by the fire after a long day of hunting. The couch is currently serving as my bed but still a great place to get some rest and couldn't feel more homey! Always food on the table, warm fire, and nice music to wind down.

[​IMG]
    The scary croc, its mate, and their son. I am not sure that I did a very good job with cleaning their heads out because there seems to be a bunch of tiny flies that keep coming back. Practice makes perfect and I'll have to try harder next time! For now I'll just keep using bug spray around them.

[​IMG]
    A couple of my relatives, Jack and Sally, passed away and I just didn't to have the heart to put them under ground. They loved music so much and I couldn't imagine the silence being down there in a box. Instead they have their music box and I have started gathering some heads to keep them company. Now if they would just stop talking all night maybe I could get just a bit more rest...

[​IMG]
    Hanging my most recent piece to my collection! I now have every mount currently in the game other than the phoenix and they are all displayed here for the time being. Very excited about the new mounts to come. There will be much more hunting in my future and the phoenix will not escape my reach!

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  7. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

The warriors stare in anticipation of the battle to come. Two brothers who served together in the Royal Guard and once shared a bond that knew no bounds, but were ripped apart by the corruption and influence of the Obsidians.

Knight Paulie has been assigned by Lord British to avenge the innocent people who have fallen at the hands of his brother Typhous who was risen from the dead.
    [​IMG]

An Obsidian Hammer crafted by Lord British himself set ablaze to send Typhous back to the depths of hell where he lost himself so many years ago. Typhous does not seem intimidated.
    [​IMG]

Paulie leaps into action and ignites Typhous dealing the first blow.
    [​IMG]

Typhous, engulfed in flames strikes back dealing a devastating blow to Paulie. Both brothers only willing to fight to the death.
    [​IMG]

Typhous falls and reality sets in for Paulie.
    [​IMG]

After taking his brothers life, Paulie could not bear to serve the Royal Guard. The darkness consumed him and years after struggling with his demons, Paulie falls at the feet of his slain brother.
    [​IMG]

Paulie was laid to rest next to Typhous in Oracle Oasis in his Obsidian Keep on the island to the East of town (Loc: (385.3, 46.0, 213.8). You can find their skulls on top of the sarcophagi in the center of the keep under the Giant Lich statue. Below is an image of the Obsidian Trophy Room.

(Update 05/15: Khopesh trophy swords of fallen Siege Engineers have been added to enclose the area.

I've also purchased a new house that I have been displaying. Please give me a heads up when the home will be judged @Berek ? I will make sure that I have the right house down for it.

(Best viewed at night)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  8. Lorde

Lorde Avatar

Hello fellow Avatars, for the first time I'm gonna show the part of my house to the community. The roof top of the beautiful and functional Ornate Green House where I hang my collection of trophies at the same time my garden. Most of the Prestine heads was bought but crafted by myself.

Today, I was in Twin Foothills and got a Stag head ;)

For location. I live in Etceter.

So here are the Photos. Hope I did not do any mistakes. Im new on this.

Aiming to cut his beautiful head.
    [​IMG]

Burning him like a Steak...
    [​IMG]

and sprinkling his blood to death.
    [​IMG]

Luckily got to take home his beautiful head.
    [​IMG]

Fought Wolves on my way home. Thinking of their Pristine heads. But had no luck.
    [​IMG]

Crafting the head of the Stag to add the collection. I thank my neighbors for being kind. To Sentinel for his crafting stations where I do all my crafting. To Grendel Rose..Dear, thank you for offering me your crafting stations :)
    [​IMG]

The finish product. Excited to hang it on my wall.
    [​IMG]

This is the best and exciting part.

Presenting my Wall of Trophies!
    [​IMG]

Yes that's my wall...Yes I know. I'm sexy and I know it ;)
    [​IMG]

Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.
    [​IMG]

Reading the Rules & Guidelines of the Contest. "Sexual content or references considered inappropriate". Hmm did I?
    [​IMG]

Ok to end this..Here is my smashing view of my top floor. I thank you for taking time to take a look on my photos. Hope you enjoyed it. God Bless and Good Health!
    [​IMG]

9. infernal

infernal Avatar

hello my name is infernal I live in novia market you can find my place by looking for the vendor out front named Infernl's modest shop.

hunting for a pristine large crocodile head in verdantis shardfall as someone who is not a pvper vary nerve racking luckily no one messed with me in the 6 hours it took before I got one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

putting my collection together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The final result, I am vary proud of my collection. the bunny is the only one I was not able to get my self.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I fought these terrible wolves for many moons.

[​IMG]

Until I finally bagged a beautiful specimen.

[​IMG]

Before returning home, I got another! When it rains, it pours, I guess.

[​IMG]

Working...

[​IMG]

Success!

[​IMG]

I thought these trophies would look real good right here in my crafting dungeon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS. Sorry the images are so dark. Linux bug.

11. Emso Boydon

Emso Boydon Legend of the Hearth

Greetings Outlander,

We would like to share with you our story. Think of it as a trade of some sort or a kind of exchange: A little bit of your attention for a little bit of insight into the wonders and stories we live and enjoy (and dread and endure) in Novia every day. And the we in our little story are three adventurers called Sephora, Aeso and Kor. Hence, please remember: the story we tell is shaped by our views and moods and by that "finally home" feeling most outlanders seem to enjoy quite a bit.

Every story starts with a beginning. And our beginning in this little story is the challenge brought to us by Berek - some archer of sorts we think. He dared us to bring him proof of three tasks. To hunt, to craft and adorn - in order to prove our prowess and skill. Reason enough to head out and explore. And mind if we hadn't, there would be no story ;)

Chapter I : The Hunt

Let's start small, Kor said. The mysterious mage most certainly exaggerated, Kor said. Well, let us show you the first creature we encountered.
    Deep down in the Spectral Mines we found it. Small, yes. Flammable, yes. Fiercely charging... well hopping, actually... Yes!
    [​IMG]

But Aeso's words were wise from the start: "T'is defiantly not meant to be solo'ed."
    Sephora gave her life in sacrifice, for sacrifice, and as unbelievable as it might sound for a severed head of a pretty unsettling albino bunny.
    [​IMG]
    We still wonder why it was guarding a book called "The Fearful Rabbit", the irony was not lost on us, but there might have been a deeper message here that eluded our little group...

With first blood drawn and driven by the rush of victory (and resurrection), we agreed to continue our hunt and ventured forth to a curious Island in Ravensmoor, encountering a creature that shook us to our core (quite literally):
    [​IMG]
    It took its... toll on us, but we took its head. A habit we started to grew accustomed to - as gruesome as that might sound to you.

Emboldened by our continued success, we sought out even greater challenges in Wynton's Folly. But this one we found was surprisingly stubborn to part with its head...
    [​IMG]
    Again and again, we fought numerous times and eventually found in its ashes a head worthy of salvage.

The lessons we learned were about patience and timing. Invaluable lessons in preparation for what turned out to be the pinnacle of our hunt in the Southern Grunvald Barrens:
    [​IMG]
    Unsurprisingly immune to any kind of fire - without the flames on Kor's sword though, we might have not seen it coming in the dark of the night.

This dragon was different, captivating in its own way. Before we knew it, the times we fought it exceeded the numbers of all previous battles combined by far. Which yielded results, as you will soon come to see.

Chapter II : The Crafting of Trophies

The prizes we brought home had to be prepared for display. In a place of solitude - a humble stone basement under our shop in Owl's Head - we experiment, tinker, and refine our skills to will into shape the magic imbued. We used our most precious tools (which might have already seen some use...) at our finest crafting stations, which enabled us to create some exceptional trophies. Alas, there are no +1 trophies... ;)

The Mounted Death Bunny Trophy (12 crafted, 5 in the single trophy room):
    [​IMG]

The Mounted Phoenix Trophy (2 crafted, 2 in the single trophy room):
    [​IMG]

The Mounted Dragon Trophy (4 crafted, 4 in the single trophy room, look around :rolleyes:)
    [​IMG]
    Additionally, we crafted three Sobek Heads placed on the front wall, numerous Troll Heads - four of them placed at the back wall - and as many bear and wolf heads as could fit into the ground level room. 3 complete sets of quest hats can be found upstairs and the shop outside features some of the placebles "trophy items" that are considered to be "rare". Last but not least, a selection from our wax cylinder collection takes up the center of the wall on the left.

Chapter III : The Trophy Room in our Humble Abode

After more than four weeks of hunting, skinning, and crafting, our little tower that is both a place of refuge and our hub of commerce had a significant change in design and atmosphere. It is a small place and we were not willing to exchange it for a more spacious but less homely place. So we did our best, moved some chairs out of the way, stashed most of the paintings and Seph & Aeso even manage to still work on the ledgers in between our new company :)

The coordinates are: (Area: OwlsHead; Loc: 83, 63, -163) but it is difficult to miss the 3-story Kobold Tower that is build on the first lot to the left at the entrance of Owl's Head. The setup of the decoration evolved over time (basically by freeing more of the already sparse wall surface for trophies) and the series of screenshots tries to reflect that.

The floral lamp adds a nice highlight to the dragon's neck.
    [​IMG]
    (there are 6 potions of regeneration hidden in this picture - can you spot them? ;))

Our adventures did not stay unnoticed and we invited a very appropriate guest into our house in the first week. See for yourself - the resemblance is remarkable. Almost like family photo, just more of the ghoulish kind :)
    [​IMG]
    The visit was streamed live and can now be found here thanks to the generous permission of Markee Dragon:
    A Sobek's Point of View:
    [​IMG]

The final setup of the ground floor in R41. There is more to be found if you know where to look.
    [​IMG]

And finally, some subtle advertising (which is in fact not a part of this contribution, but more of a... visual guidance to help you find our place!). Visit Aeso's! It's nice! Oh, and there's lottery!
    [​IMG]

Thank you, for reading all of this until "the end" of our little story. We hope you liked some of it.
    3 people, a few bunnies, some trolls, a lot of phoenixes, A LOT of dragons, a crafting tool and some dignity were hurt in this production (Oh and trees. And did we mention the wolfs and bears.... and maybe we are not drawing the intended picture here...).

If you are traveling through the Hidden Vale, you are always welcome to come by to visit or just whisper for a quick chat.

Sephora, Aeso & Kor
    (IG: Sephora Wondah, Aeso Wondah, and Kor Soggoth)

p.s. greetings go out (in no specific order) to Xonn, Boedy, Markee Dragon, Corp Por, DevilCult, and of course Sacrifice and BEAR.

Our special thanks we would like to extended to recap, formerly known as Space Bards - Rabble On! :cool:

12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Well, honestly I actually dont have a picture hosting site right now and its far easier for me to make a video so I made a 2 minute video of my trophy rooms.

The key is that I know this does not count for the contest but my trophy rooms are also not up to spec yet for the actual contest so I made this video. I have several trophy rooms that are under construction and I have been working hard on and need a lot more work.

Leelu, Hornpipe, Jonah Hayes and 3 others like this.
  13. Berek

Some really great submission, keep them coming! If anyone has questions about the contest, please post them in the announcement thread.

14. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Recently, the Rangers started receiving notes from local villagers about their relatives, who wondered into the woods to collect some kindle and never returned back. From the very few isolated cases, rangers have learned that the woods have been infested with animals affected by the blight, and marked them as "man killers". Rangers have summoned one of the experienced 'exterminators' to put an end to this infestation.

Ravenswood Hunt
    (
    click pictures and then expand your browser full screen to see the full size version)

...The woods are changing. I've seen many strange things in there and animals are no longer scared of humans. Even the smallest bear cub would attack your with a crazed look in her eyes. I've spent some time in Ravenswoods tracking these.... 'monsters', I can no longer call animals.

[​IMG] .... [​IMG]

There are human corpses at almost every den. From what i was able to discover, they attack and stun unsuspected humans and then drag their bodies to their dens to devour them alive. So far, the blight had affected wolves and bears. Some occasional deer too.

[​IMG] .... [​IMG]

The heads of the killed animals require special processing due to their blood poisoned by the blight. It requires multiple ingredients, skill, a lot of patience and time, to neutralize the blight and make the trophy safe to be placed indoor.

[​IMG] .... [​IMG] .... [​IMG]

To make villagers happy, with an approval from the local governor, I have built a local hunting lodge. I've hanged on the wall the heads of all the 'human killers', I have been able to track so far, to encourage the villagers to take the hunt into their own hands and bring peace and order to their woods again.

[​IMG] .... [​IMG] .... [​IMG]

I am placing a call to all the villagers, who no longer want to be scared to lose another relative to the blight. The blight affected animals can't be cured. Only absolute eradication of the affected subjects will put an end to this threat. The doors are open, you will be trained, properly equipped and escorted by an exterminator. Take the fate of the woods in your hands!

[​IMG]
    This message has been approved for all the audiences of the nearby villages.
    Current location of the Hunting Lodge - Knight's Watch.
    Signed by the Senior Ranger - Grit Passifire.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Leelu, Hornpipe, Berek and 2 others like this.
  15. Berek

Very nice, great screenshots everyone! We have a couple more weeks to further decorate out any trophy rooms you may have!

16. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

[​IMG]

The Dark Archlapin Of Death and Destruction is roasting nicely in my Fire spell, he only needs about five more minutes, and then I can turn him over.

[​IMG]

But The Dark Archlapin Of Death and Destruction is no push-over, he expresses his anger at being roasted alive by assuming a boxing stance.

[​IMG]

Before zapping me with 50,000 volts of Lapin Lobe electricity... Ouch!

[​IMG]

Spawn of Sobek howls in pain after receiving a particularly painful Death Touch.

[​IMG]

Crafting mounted trophies in my Viking Town Stronghold.
    Location: Caelestis Canton, Nested within the Paxlair cluster.

[​IMG]

Crafting a Mounted Death Bunny Head.
    Required materials: Wooden Boards (2) Death Bunny Head (1) Wax (3) Curing Salt (3) Tanning Knife (1).

[​IMG]

Crafting a Mounted Spawn of Sobek.
    Required materials: Wooden Boards (2) Pristine Spawn of Sobek Head (1) Wax (3) Curing Salt (3) Tanning Knife (1).

[​IMG]

Here is my collection of PVP Trophies, some victims are displayed next to a silver goblet containing their blood. This is in case I wish to conduct a vile dark ceremony, cursing the victim so that something mildly unpleasant happens to them, like an apple falling on their head at an inconvenient moment.
    Location: Caelestis Canton, nested within the Paxlair cluster - Loc: (136.0, 47.9, -66.0).

[​IMG]

The Archlapin's I killed were used to create a decorative "Arch of Lapin's"! Dark humour at it's finest. :)

[​IMG]

A wider angle shot of my Trophy room, also showing a Mounted Dragon Head, Mounted Phoenix Head, Mounted Spawn of Sobek, and two Mounted Troll Heads. I have many more Bear, Wolf, and Stag Trophies in the stairwell leading to the ground floor, and a wall of Mounted Fishing Trophies on the second floor.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Time Lord, Leelu, Berek and 3 others like this.
  17. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

Greetings all! I am Obsidian Tempest, curator of the Evil Eye Tavern and Museum. It is located on the Isle of Rift's end near Blood Bay. Here is a map of how to get to the Evil Eye.
    Area POT_island_metropolis_01_template Loc: (7.7, 89.0, 19.1)
    [​IMG]
    Once in Rift's End, the Evil Eye is a short stroll up the path.
    [​IMG]
    I present the Evil Eye Tavern and Museum.
    [​IMG]
    It begins with creatures and their heads.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On to the Might Dragon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The mighty dragon has fallen.
    [​IMG]

The mounting of its glorious head.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Success!!!
    [​IMG]
    Not all trophies come from beasts.
    [​IMG]
    The ferocious Silis and the fearless Audacity battle. Which skull will I add to the tavern?
    [​IMG]
    Fearless bests ferocious this day. [​IMG]
    Back to the Evil Eye for the tour. 1st Floor: Guild members and community members donated their skulls.
    Are you interested in donating your skull and joining the community?
    [​IMG]
    This is where the flaming Phoenix and the mighty Dragon will stay.... along with Lord British, Lord Darkstarr and and a few others.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Trophies are not all mounted heads and skulls. Here are some photos of prized trophies donated.
    On to the 2nd floor:[​IMG]
    Yes, that is a complete collection of the Grand Tour Items.
    The pic below is of other trophy items in the museum.[​IMG]
    Grab a picture of yourself in a throne.
    [​IMG]
    A true prize and honor to host these two pieces. [​IMG]
    There are many more things to see! I invite everyone to the Evil Eye Tavern & Museum for a tour.
    Thanks to my guildmates and friends for their time, patience and cooperation with these photos.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Leelu, Berek, Hornpipe and 23 others like this.
  18. Lace

Lace Avatar

Hi all my trophy room submission is a bit different as it was constructed to be a Food Court for the Diamond Fields Putt Putt Golf Course and Country Club. You can find it by heading Northeastish from the zone in docks, and entrances are located on the North and South side of the city sized 5 story building..... if you head that way you really cannot miss the golf course part .. For the /loc savvy folks (Area: Diamond Fields (POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Diamond Fields) Loc: (171.4, 89.7, 124.0))

First Screen Shots: Hunting for trophys! (one with UI one without)

I love this action shot and it was from one of my 17 days hunting polar bears until I finally got a head to drop! (Polar bears may be nearing extinction, just saying)
    [​IMG]

This next shot with the UI shows I am overburdened but just trying get a few more polar bears before I have to go home and unload my stash of everything that is NOT A PRISTINE POLAR BEAR head .. which was most of the time for weeks.
    [​IMG]

Crafting Up some Trophies

First off this one, with a couple I got when taking a break from polar bears, I needed a second small croc head for balance of the display and got another arctic wolf while on the elusive polar bear hunt.

[​IMG]

What is next? Well of course that pesky polar bear! You can even see I ran right home and announced to guild I finally had it. Some of them had even been out hunting trying to get one to drop because they had taken pity on me or were sick of my constant whining about not having one still.
    [​IMG]

On to the Finished Product!

As stated, this is no mere trophy room, it's part of what's on the menu at the Diamond Fields Putt Putt Golf Course Food Court. Each 'trophy' section has corresponding menu items in a printed book that describes the dish and the display showcases the ingredients used in conjunction with the trophy heads.

Note that this area was done with zero add on store items, some were bought with coto's aka the paintings but no real world money was spent in creating this, and as for the actual trophies I must confess to buying a crap ton of troll's but only used 4 I had not personally killed, then they made them humongous and only used 2 I had killed solo anyway oh well if you need mounted troll heads I know have like 15 extra. I was invited to hunt Sobek and large croc, but its pvp and I declined and must say I bought them off vendors. Everything else shown and even more on other floors not pictured and some I sold off, I did hunt personally.

Now we had to take one picture with the UI, but that obscures some of the detail, I turned as much off as I could so you could get a wide angle view of this one side of the room. (there is a purpose for the hats on the shelves-we will come to that in a bit) Anyway lets get UI requirement out of the way.
    [​IMG]

Now without the UI, still hard to see all the detail since it is a fairly wide room, but it does go along with the menu that will be posted.
    [​IMG]

This is the other side of the food court with a smoker and different trophies and therefore different recipes! (and yes that elusive polar bear)
    [​IMG]

Now to tie it all together with the menu which explains each area of trophy heads, the items in bookshelves below them and why they are there specifically to make the menu items. Note that the bear, wolf and stag heads all have a purpose as described in the menu as well, as does each of the troll head sections on either side!.. Phoenix fingers were going to be an appetizer but that trophy did not drop for me and the menu was re-written accordingly. Maybe next iteration of the putt putt golf course will have those appetizers, the course will change over time and it makes sense for the menu to as well.

[​IMG]

While this is not part of my contest submission I did want to point out I made a little video giving some more detail on the area. It also gives some information on the whole plan for the Putt Putt golf course as well. I am no deco diva but I think I did pretty good this go around!

The End.

I am sure some may have questions on the book and the colors etc .. I plan to get a video up on that as it took me several hours to find a good way to do it and test it and I will share that information in an upcoming vid.

Also if anyone notices I failed to meet a contest requirement please let me know lol.

I will place some menu's in the public cache near the belltower at the entrance to Diamond Fields for you book collector's as well. (Diamond Fields is a metropolis sized sub pot off of Port Phoenix and connected to like 8 or more other POT's near Twins Foothills, most lots are open to be claimed)

Leelu, Berek, Solazur and 13 others like this.
  19. Cyin

Cyin Avatar

Hello Avatars,
    I am Cyin, and I want to share my fishing expedition with you. I started by fishing the waters of the Bay of the Virtues, located in Oracle Oasis a community nested within Soltown. The location is 145.9, 36.0, 264.7. These pictures are of myself fishing in various locations around and on the Bay of the Virtues.
    [​IMG]

Fishing at night at Barnacle's Rest.
    [​IMG]

I love fishing from my fishing boat.
    [​IMG]

Oh my, I wonder what is lurking in the water.
    [​IMG]

A beautiful sunrise on the Bay of the Virtues.
    [​IMG]

I crafted my fishing trophies at the crafting center near the entrance to Oracle Oasis. The location is 118.9, 38.0, 156.7.
    [​IMG]

The crafted trophy!
    [​IMG]

I have my fishing trophies on display at the Barnacle's Rest on the Bay of the Virtues, in Oracle Oasis. We have 11 fishing trophies on display. The location is 352.2, 36.0, 283.5.
    This picture is when you enter Barnacle's Rest.
    [​IMG]

This is the view of Barnacle's Rest facing the door.
    [​IMG]

Nothing better than to take a load off after a long night of fishing.
    [​IMG]

Hey Barnabus, we should tell the fine Avatars of Novia and Hidden Vale that they are welcome to come fish with us any time they like. Hope to see you soon!
    [​IMG]

Leelu, Berek, Solazur and 9 others like this.
  20. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Hail and well met, fellow Avatars! Please grab a drink, sit down by the fire, and let me share with you the story behind Tila Tenderfoot’s, Leftie’s and my magnificent trophy room! (This is a family submission.)

Since I’ve arrived in Novia, it has always been hunt or be hunted. After news of this contest, I’ve freed my hunter’s heart and traveled with Tila Tenderfoot, Leftie and my fellow Havoc guild members to the coast of Ravensmoor for battle with a fearsome troll, faced the Spectral Mines for the vicious Archlapin, climbed high in Wynton’s Folly for the flaming Phoenix.

Most of these trophies were crafted at Tila Tenderfoot’s home in Festival, a player Owned Town nested to Owl’s Head. Tila Tenderfoot, Trent Castler, and I have made a place for all players to benefit from +5 crafting stations. Location of crafting stations are: Festival (POT_alpine_metropolis_01_template/Festival (55.7,38.0,87.1))

First up, Timothy the Enchanter sent us on a mission to destroy the Dark Archipin of Death and Destruction. We found this foul beast in the Spectral Mines. My three strikes with the Orb of Obliteration did nothing to it, so its tanking time.

[​IMG]

We heard there was trouble brewing in a small island off of Ravensmoor, so off we went. Here I have definitely received Torc'Drawl the Unbreakable's attention. Taunting trolls still remains one of my favorite pastimes.

[​IMG]

My friend Cyin has my back, as always. So does all of Havoc, as together we battle the legendary Riei Firefeather in Wynton's Folly.

[​IMG]

Riei's head was soon off, thankfully it was undamaged. Today I walked home with pride and saved the teleport scroll for later.

[​IMG]

Back in Festival, there is no better place to make a perfect trophy than the crafting stations at Tila Tenderfoot's home by the park. I have quite a few trophies to make today. First is the head of Riei Firefeather.

[​IMG]

Torc'Drawl the Unbreakable's head is next. The world will be glad to be rid of this monster.

[​IMG]

Big things come in small packages, it seems. There is now one fewer Death Bunny in Novia.

[​IMG]

This contest entry was inspired by the Colorado lodges and establishments that try to cover the walls with extreme taxidermy, such as the famous Buckhorn Exchange. Trophy heads, fish, skulls and weapons are all around the Trophy Room, in every possible space. There are one hundred and twelve mounted trophies total in the room (one hundred sixty one if you count the entire premises). There are also sixteen player skulls that are finding peace in a positive atmosphere.

[​IMG]

Located inside of a City Stone Two-Story Basement, this room provides a ample sanctum of peace for game hunters to share their tales and relax. Then get inspired to go out and hunt more!

[​IMG]

My hunting dog "Baskerville" has fond memories of hunting these creatures. This is his favorite room of the house.

[​IMG]

For trophies of a different kind, surrounding the room are weapons taken from the various brigands, warriors, elves, cultists, kobalds, and undead horrors. There are ninety-one weapons and shields – all of the weapons are different.

[​IMG]

The Trophy Room (as Ampherion calls it, “Nice Room of Death”) is located in the Festival Chalet:

1) Go to Festival, it’s a Player Owned Town nested to Owl’s Head. Just click the Hot Air Balloon link at the entrance to Owl’s Head that leads to Festival.

2) Go to location (385.5, 46.0, 219.4), which is turning around from the zone-in point and following the street lights to the Topiary Dragon, turn left, and stop at the ridiculously large house.

3) Mosey over to (378.9, 46.0, 240.2) on the property, that’s located behind the Giant Lion Statue.

4) Enter the basement. (to your Doom!)

This part gets complicated because the room is on the THIRD level down…

5) Open the door to your left

6) Go into the room (Library)

7) Open the door to your left

8) Go down the staircase behind the door

9) Open to door to enter the Tranquility Room (large fountain, can’t miss that…)

10) Open the door to your left

11) Enter the room (Day Spa, Bathing and Sauna)

12) Open the door to your left

13) Go down the staircase behind the door

14) Open the door to the General’s Room and go in

15) Open the door directly in front with the large sign over it.

16) Ta dah! You’re there! (Finally… Geez, Engineer, right?…) (Basement location coordinates 20.5, -10.0, 13.8)

(Special “Help I can’t find it” directions: Keep opening doors and go down when you find stairs… If you take this approach, feel free to enjoy your stay and look around as much as you’d like.)

Special thanks from Engineer, Tila Tenderfoot, and Leftie goes to: Cyin, Paulie Walnuts, Alphaine Nine, Corp Por, Talimar, Xee, Zadien, Aengus Piper, Ampherion, Obsidian Tempest, Havoc, and more! Good luck everyone!

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Leelu, Berek, Solazur and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.