1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Trophy Room Contest Submissions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

The Order of Drunken Elders, is a strong community which has always loved going on group hunts. The trophies we have collected are an integral part of The Hall of the Drunken Elders' Hunting Lodge room.
    The Hall is located in our town, Falling Waters Fortress - which is a quick run to the north from Brittany, with the Hall located directly east behind the stage from the central pavilion. Actual coords are 64.2, 39.7, 262.2

Below is our guild entry for the Trophy Room Contest.
    So now without further ado I give you the Trophy Room Contest entry for The Order of Drunken Elders - along with a wee bit of insight into our guild.

The pic below is the first of a series of our Hunting Lodge, as several are needed due to the size of the room itself, which houses heads of each and every trophy animal - as well as a grand collection of "trophy" weapon drops.
    [​IMG]

View two of the Hunting Lodge Trophy room.
    [​IMG]

The Trophy Room also houses our collection of "Trophy" weapon drops.
    [​IMG]

Toasting the completion of our Trophy Room.
    (We'll toast most any wondrous event - like the first cricket of the summer, the first bloom on any given cherry tree ... hell, we'll toast odd looking clouds, each and every siege.... you name it, we toast it ! )
    [​IMG]

Finally managed to get the rest of our group to hold still long enough for a lively chat, a good smoke, and of course another toast.
    [​IMG]

Having some fun in with Beli at the piano. His date was the squirrel woman on his right. ;)
    Oh, and even more toasting. We don't need no stinkin' excuse.... :D
    [​IMG]

One of our many dragon fights in the Southern Grunvald Barrens. And yes, we will have a toast or two any minute now....
    [​IMG]

We got a bit of help from some errant asteroids.
    Actually, Lockey was castin' 'em - solely to annoy me I tell 'ya.
    [​IMG]

Oh, and the dang dragon ate our guild master.... sorta.
    Another toast !!! :)
    To the dragon's demise, of course.... hehehe:p
    [​IMG]

And that nasty Phoenix in Wynton's Folly...
    We have our own version of Coup De Grace - Prior to the fight, we all had a batch of Trokip McLarren's own version of Spider Legs and GARLIC Butter (designed for maximum fermentation about a half hour after ingesting - chased down by our best brew) and when the wench (the large goldish, feathered one below) began to seriously annoy us (ie, when it was past time 'fer us to toast somethin'), here's what we did.
    On the count of three we all got right up in that old bird's face, and having conjured up the best belch we could muster (see above for insight here) we simply shouted - DIE DAMN'T, with all the breath we could muster.... and
    She did.... Time for a toast !
    [​IMG]

And finally, mounting the trophy's at one of the Expert Crafting Stations (we have all of them) in the central pavilion at Falling Waters Fortress - open to all, of course.
    Oh, and that's yours truly below, Chef Robere ;)
    Yup, Robere' is a Chef and the journey to one of his famous dishes, includes every step done personally, having become a master of each and all - from the kill, to the skinning... from the butchering to the final meal preparation - Chef Robere' spares nothing in bringing you the finest dishes in the land.

Robere' has been happily supplying his guildmates for years, and of course will continue to do so... (grub and ale, ale and grub is pretty much all they need :p )
    But soon, he will be opening a restaurant here in Falling Waters Fortress, home of The Order of Drunken Elders. All you avatars with some hard earned cash will be able to reserve a table or even one of my rooms with a view.... More on this later. ;)

Oh, and Beli's got a kick-arse Tavern in town here - The Rusty Halberd

[​IMG]

Tada - Mounted Troll compliments of Chef Robere' ( 98% chance on that sucka' )

Toastin' that as we speak, of course.... ;)

So, come visit us, we don't bite - we pour !

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Zader, Lockey2, Berek and 6 others like this.
  2. trip0n1n

trip0n1n Avatar

Bonehead assault division
    Proudly presents:

BAD Bro's Great Hall Trophy Room
    [​IMG]
    Collecting heads for the trophy room has been a major focus for the Endimion brother's. The dragon being the last head we required before starting on the great hall.
    My brother Yigg is nothing if not persistent, even when knocked down he never gave up! Folly provided some much needed cover while Yigg regained his footing.

[​IMG]
    After many days of killing the Dragon we finally had acquired the last head for the room!

[​IMG]
    Excited we all returned to the workshop to craft this most elusive of mounts. No pressure bro, craft away!

[​IMG]
    Folly gets his Phoenix head ready.

[​IMG]
    Group shot of the Endimion's.

[​IMG]
    Main hall, My brother says there are over 550+ mounted heads in the great hall. This shot was taken from the rail on the stairs.

[​IMG]
    War room, left front nook. A cozy place for us to plan our adventures.

[​IMG]
    Main hall as seen from door. The grand table seats 17.

[​IMG]
    Right, front nook. Showcasing the piano Yigg and Folly got me, I had been talking bout getting one since persistence.

[​IMG]
    Directions:
    Diamond fields is a pot nested in Jade Valley.
    Upon getting here take teleport from entrance to side dock 1.
    Walk along beach till you get to a boat that takes you to the island.
    Another short walk along beach and your here.

On behalf of Yigg, Folly and Cilus Endimion We thank you for taking the time to visit.

3. 11_

11_ Avatar

Group Submission:

Four friends stand together in front of a mystical Obsidian tower after being shunned by the residents of Novia for unique beliefs. Little do they know, they have been brought to this tower by fate. This is the Obsidian tower of The Coven, which has long been forgotten at the Outskirts of Oracle Oasis (-16.1, 38.0, -369.3). The friends enter the tower to find it empty with the exception of one sign. To live in true harmony as one with this planet, you must give everything to The Coven.

[​IMG]

As they try to figure out the meaning of this sign. They feel at peace. They feel acceptance. They finally feel like they belong. An uncontrollable urge comes over them and one by one they make their way to the top of The Obsidian Tower. Confiding in the group, they give themselves to The Coven in unity with a single gust of wind by Tephra.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To complete the cycle Tephra Follows her friends and give herself to The Coven.
    [​IMG]

A flash of light consumes each friend in the afterlife before they are returned to the present. Each one of them dawning a new look and a new power in duality. Rowana Moonglow - Witch of the Moon and Sun trees, Lyra Starflare - Witch of the Death and Life Trees, Tephra - Witch of the Fire and Water Trees, and Bera - Witch in the Art of Physical Combat.
    [​IMG]

The sacred crypt that had been stripped of its history over time has been revived. (LOC: 26.6, 38.1, -363.5) A new Generation of The Coven is born. “It begins with absence and desire. It begins with blood and fear. It begins with a discovery of witches.” - A Discovery of Witches
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  4. Bankchick

Bankchick Avatar

Hi, my name is Rudyard, and I run The Speak Easy in Crossroads POT. A small tavern located across the street from the Lunar Dragons Guild Hall. It's not a huge place but it gets the job done.

Area: Crossroads (POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Crossroads) Loc: (88.1, 47.9, -304.7)
    [​IMG]
    But before we step inside let's go on an adventure to collect some heads off the locals. My first stop begins in "Brightbone Pass" south of Central. A beautiful snowy landscape sets the mood.
    [​IMG]
    The wildlife here is as majestic as it is dangerous. So lets start my
    [​IMG]
    A wild stag appears. Lets kill it!
    [​IMG]
    Burn Baby Burn!!
    [​IMG]
    Now that we have collect our spoils from "Brightbone Pass" we now meet up with my fellow guild mates up on Hidden Vale at "Deep Ravenswood" to murder the local wildlife there.
    [​IMG]
    Things die a lot faster with friends.
    [​IMG]
    We have collected what I needed for the Tavern. Lets head back to Crossroads and work some magic on these sexy heads.
    [​IMG]
    mmmm yeah, that's it
    [​IMG]
    Oh yeah, that's looking good. Lets get these stapled to the wall!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome inside The Speak Easy. My home...above my home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The bar is fully stocked at open to all of age.
    [​IMG]
    The V.I.P. table. Contact me in advance for requests.
    [​IMG]
    My friends :)
    [​IMG]
    The tavern is set up for late night shows currently, but can be converted for any kind of event.
    [​IMG]
    With some small features that come out after the kids go to bed.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you for stopping by and checking out my submission for the Trophy Room contest. It was a lot of fun putting together my tavern and trying to collect all the things needed. I collected most my heads around central in "Brightbone Pass, Deep Ravenswood, North Midmaer Way and The North Majestic Forest". I would like to thank my Guild mates for helping me along the way and any donations they provided. I would especially like to thank Elaina Strongbow for the support and video created on my place. You can check it out here "".

Trophies: This was about the max I could fit in the room. At the time of these pictures my house item limit was at 343/350.

Grizzly Bear x 1
    Obsidian Bear x 1
    Stag Antlers x 1
    Salmon x 1
    Bass x 1
    Trout x 1
    Arctic Wolf x 1
    Elder Wolf x 2
    Timber Wolf x 1
    Large Crocodile x 1
    Death Bunny x 1
    Troll x 1

Berek, Time Lord and Beli like this.
  5. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Congrats to all involved, these were some truly amazing entries! We not only had a record number of participants for a contest of this type, but each and every entry was unique and well thought out. Nicely done!

#1 = Datendrache:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...y-room-contest-submissions.87135/#post-813979
    [​IMG]

#2 = Aseltine:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-contest-submissions.87135/page-2#post-818510
    [​IMG]

Runner-Up: Trip0n1n:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-contest-submissions.87135/page-3#post-818525
    [​IMG]

Runner-Up: Frostll:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-contest-submissions.87135/page-3#post-818520
    [​IMG]

Honorable Mention: “The Hall of Hammers” by Kabalyero:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...y-room-contest-submissions.87135/#post-796272
    [​IMG]

Honorable Mention: Obsidian Tempest:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...y-room-contest-submissions.87135/#post-810189
    [​IMG]

Honorable Mention: Rudyard2:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-contest-submissions.87135/page-3#post-818737
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Hazard, Mhtic, Bow Vale and 4 others like this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

The Title reward?? - something awesome plz

And gratz everyone

7. Berek

All participants should now have the Trophy Room Decorator title. Thanks for participating in this latest contest, and have fun in Release 43!

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Bioxide

Bioxide Avatar

:( wierd title...

I guess it coulda been worse, thanks. And much better than outlander.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Trophy Hunter would have been a lot better. :(

10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Pretty disapointing title reward. Less iritated about the title choice then the tease of it being possible a great title pushing me to apply the effort into achieveing it.

In the future please post the rewards ahead of time, tbh I would not have wasted my time for this one.

Thats the most irritating part, I dont enjoy this type of stuff anyways. I spent 4 hours over multiple days participating with the help of several people expecting a decient reward for my time and effort.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  11. Juzzie

Juzzie Avatar

Just terrible indeed

Hazard and Sara Dreygon like this.
  12. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

How about we make a few suggestions. I'll add a few.
    Royal Trophy Room Designer
    Royal Room Designer
    Royal Designer
    Royal Ornamentalist

13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Throphy collector
    Throphy hunter
    Head hunter
    Throphy Curator
    Throphy enthusist

There a basically 1 billion better titles to have been chosen. Honestly I would not be upset about it if I had known ahead of time its was gonna be this title. My epectations told me it was gonna be a reasonable title.

Heck just delete Room and id be ok with it.

Obsidian Tempest likes this.
  14. Bioxide

Bioxide Avatar

@Berek i did not recieve a title,, you said this would be in soon correct?

15. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

go to the bank... claim rewards... :D

Berek and Sota Babe like this.
  16. Berek

Confirming to all winners that the main prizes have been awarded! Thanks for your patience while we organized the send of these to you. If you happen to be missing a skull yet, please PM me and I'll get it to you. We just got these in.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.