1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Trust and Doing the Right Thing (regarding Early Founder Pledge Gifts/Transfers)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by dallas, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

No no, I never said that. He stopped existing the moment you ignored him.

(@Ultima Codex, metaphysical solipsism)

Caliya and NRaas like this.
  2. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I never accused them of lying. If you do something untoward accidentally, it can still be shady. Saying that I think it is shady is not an attack. I am not talking about evidence, I am talking about my opinion. All of my post about this incident call for more mindfulness and less haste. Attacking me for pointing out that things have been handled badly isn't going to fix this. I didn't accuse them of lying and you are the one getting out of line.

wagram, Caliya, Ned888 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

It appears RG knew that any funding before the end of kickstarter April 7th 2013 even if made through the SotA site only allows the rewards from kickstarter.
    The SotA fund raising campaign would officially start after the close of Kickstarter so all those promises made to anyone before April 7th were not valid to be linked to Kickstarter. The campaign ended 7th April 2013 end of Story.
    Star Citizen (Roberts) seems to have run a very good secondary campaign because no kickstarter pledges have been compromised, and everything offered in a stretch goal was available to everyone over $40 pledge level, if a kickstarter or Star Citizen Campaign backer there was no difference in the reward.

From interview on the EDGE March 11th 2013

Of course, Roberts’ success was notable for its secondary campaign, which ran on the Star Citizen website – a trick that Garriott is aping with SOTA’s own sister campaign. While it currently feeds pledgers back to Kickstarter, it will continue in its own right once that campaign has run its course.
    “Kickstarter only lets you do a level that gives you all of the previous things, plus whatever that new level is,” Garriott says. “But if you have an independent site, you can do things like offer just a cloth map, if that’s all somebody wants. A separate site allows more freedom to fine tune and give players a way to participate that they would like.”

http://www.edge-online.com/news/kickstarter-fatigue-a-myth-says-richard-garriott/

Eriador and Caliya like this.
  4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Accidents aren't shady. Accidents don't lack integrity. Integrity is honesty.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/integrity

When you say someone lacks integrity, you're flat-out calling them a liar. Again, you're making unwarranted personal attacks on those who have established a reputation of honesty and transparency.

Mishri likes this.
  5. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Give it a rest. They did it on accident, yet they continue to do it. I think it's shady. If you get off on attacking me for my opinion, you can are the one being unwarranted.

Ned888 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.