1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players if the goods involved cannot be delivered to the customer immediately are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. All exchanges of virtual good for real money are to be confined to this part of the forum. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Portalarium reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

If your Account has redeemed a Steam Key or was purchased through Steam, you cannot reduce your pledge to an unplayable state. Therefore, a Steam purchased/linked account must retain a minimum $40 value.

Also, to learn about our Trusted Trader program, please see this thread in the Marketplace forums.

Updated 2017.06.8, EULA Updated on 2017.02.01 to cover exploits and trading of items from exploits.

Trusted Traders Program

Discussion in 'Player Marketplace' started by Berek, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Berek

Berek Senior Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

Consolidating our already existing announcement in the Marketplace text above, to the below here in a forum thread:

TRUSTED TRADERS

Want another option for buying or selling your game items or accounts? Markee Dragon is an authorized Portalarium Trusted Trader and a business partner with Portalarium. Markee Dragon has our endorsement as a trustworthy and reputable partner, and a portion of all sales goes back to Portalarium to further the development of Shroud of the Avatar!

Portalarium and Trusted Traders work together to allow real money transactions for expired Shroud of the Avatar (SotA) items, and allow Trusted Traders to resell active SotA items. All consumer transactions will be directly between a Trusted Trader and Players. Portalarium will receive a percentage of real money transactions for expired items, and Portalarium will provide active items to Trusted Traders on an on-demand basis for resell. Portalarium promotes Trusted Traders as a sanctioned site for buying/selling/trading expired items and for reselling active items.

(NOTE: While we have complete trust in the security of transactions with Portalarium Trusted Traders, Portalarium is not responsible or liable in any way, to either party, for those transactions)"

2. Fister Magee

Fister Magee Avatar

What is the percentage you get back?

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Why is it called trusted traders ?
    There is only one and there has not been any reply to how one becomes a trusted trader?
    Please call it Ports Partners or anything but Trusted Traders.
    Please explain how one becomes a trusted trader?

Lastly is this stating that they have access to items that are no longer avail in the store ? Meaning if I want to buy a Pavilion, I contact Markee Dragon and ask and Port will give them a Pavilion to resell to me? Anything avail in the store can be bought thru the store so why would I co thru a second hand dealer?

If this is just a place to sell items in the game why are they tagged and pushed by Port and not any of the other people who already buy / sell items and make transactions all over the place?

4. Selene

Selene Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Don't think this is true. He buys expired items from players.

5. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Andernut should be the 1st TT.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

TY for opinion but clarification from developers is needed, since any player can buy and sell from other players. I if that is true why is the above statement made?

If any player can buy and sell expired items from any other player why would port get a cut from this guy? Why would any player sell him an item if he resells he would lose a %? Nothing makes sense here.

All very suspect, and why would should anyone be supplied items, you can just buy it from the store and no one needs to get a %?

Anyone wanting an active item can just buy it straight from the store?

Am I the only one who questions this whole set up? Or just the one who . . . . .

7. Berek

Just FYI, this statement is months old, so just posting it here as a reference, surprised the questions are coming up again :).

8. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Only if reputation and official recognition mean nothing.

9. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

I think it is because the questioned were never answered. In fact the only answer people got was a locked thread.

Lot of traders on the site that have a long history of providing a good, honest service. I think people just want to know how to get the designation? And equally important, does MD have access to expired items directly from Port?

10. Berek

If you have an operation that would equate and fit well to this level of program, please feel free to contact us and present it! That's the main step is to inquire directly. Beyond that, it's specifics depending on what is presented.

Fenrus MacRath and Vox Aquila like this.
  11. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Using the word "partner" implies your liability if said partnership, using a different word would likely alleviate some of the concerns people have regarding this endorsement.

I know about 15 reputable vendors, businesses, and individuals doing business every week on the forums that I would trust and do business with long before I considered using Mr. Dragon - your partner.

V/R Brickbat

12. Berek

Understood. If they wish to contact us, please have them do so!

13. Latnem

Latnem Avatar

I agree this is very confusing because I can tell you I have completed tons of transactions with Andernut and sold Multiple Items with other members in the community so if Andernut is a "Trusted Trader" and he says I am a "Trusted Trade" does that make me one?

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  14. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Well, actually he is. The free advertising for Markee Dragon is a joke.

15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Completely agree with you, a blatant shameless plug. I've just cancelled my subscription to his channel in protest.......I will give it to a homeless guy instead.

16. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Granted Berek wasn't here when Andernut and a couple of others made sure that this marketplace was built. So you can't fault him much for his ignorance as to why ppl get upset. Andernut should be getting a royalty from Portalarium for his contribution to this game. Instead, how do they thank him? Giving Trusted Trader status to Markee Dragon. More great management from the team!! Good job guys.

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

psst... he did

18. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I never understood the trusted trader program either. It appears that a solid endorsement is made with zero liability. What advantage is there to choosing a trusted trader over a trusted community member?

19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

There is none.

It's always best to the buyer to trade with whoever they are comfortable with most, more likely to get a better deal that way.

20. Lightfinger

Lightfinger Avatar

What do you mean... "free advertising"?

He's paying a commision. It's not free if it's advertising.

Also Markee Dragon has a long reputation in the gaming industry.

I believe the two parties have something else going on. Gold sales or something.

Related info about Markee Dragon --

https://www.wired.com/2017/03/geeks-guide-gold-farming/

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.