trying to find a backpack...

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ffred, May 5, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Ok, thank you!

Jaesun likes this.
  2. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

It must have changed because i saw your post & wanted to make a backpack but when i went to the Tailoring Station this is what i saw (no backpack recipe). Excuse the mishmash images i took 3 screenshots & combined them to make it easier to see & to save room :)

[​IMG]

3. mass

mass Avatar

To learn recipes that can be learned from crafting, you have to put the ingredients on to the crafting table, then click craft. Afterwards, the recipe will show up in your list.

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Any recipes that are "Re-Teachable" can be learned by placing the ingredients (the exact quantities) on the table. If the "Craft" Button lights up, you've done it right (or at least, placed the correct ingredients for something on the table) and after you click "Craft", the recipe will appear in your book.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Normally to learn a recipe, you have to buy a recipe from an appropriate crafting merchant and then use it. But this is a "Re-Teachable" recipe, which not only means that you can teach it to someone (via the Trade interface) who can then teach it to someone else, it also means you can learn it by blindly putting the appropriate items on the table and then click Craft. To know which items, you can usually find the list of items on sotawiki.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Then? But if you look at the screens none of what i have there has ingredients yet all of them showed up & i have stuff all the time show up that i dont have ingredients for. Dont get me wrong im not trying to be argumentative but that doesnt make sense to me according to what ive seen first hand & have been told. But i could be misinterpreting what u said or mean. Please expound on your statement Cora...[​IMG]

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Ffred I believe I did share crafting recipes with you one day for approximately 45 minutes;). There should be many recipes that you do have too. Not sure about the back pack since I'm away from game atm but you should have the little bag which is really useful for a lot of things. It holds 150 items too. Well if you have noticed I have them laying all over. Don't forget you have access to the residents lot to plant too. Cotton seeds are easy to grow.

Witcheypoo and Jaesun like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well at least we can now mail containers and put containers in a container. Now we just need to be able to trade container with things in them on vendors and to other players. Right now they have to be empty;)

Jaesun likes this.
  9. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

So you do or dont need a recipe for all crafting? DERP! Me so confuzzled...[​IMG]

10. mass

mass Avatar

Recipes you have learned always show up on the crafting table interface regardless if you have the ingredients or not (though it does show you what ingredients you have and how much). If you have not learned a recipe, it will not show up on the list, even if you have the ingredients. For recipes that are 'Re-Teachable', you can learn those recipes by placing the exact number and type of ingredients on the crafting table, and clicking craft. Then you will have learned the recipe and it will show up on your list.

There are 3 ways to learn recipes:
    1. For 'Re-teachable', the above method.
    2. For 'Teachable' and 'Re-teachable', you can trade other players who know them.
    3. For all others, you must obtain the recipe, either from an NPC vendor, player vendor, or mob drop (double click the recipe from your inventory and it is added to your 'learned' list).

Witcheypoo likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

A few tier one recipes will let you still. It used to be all recipes had to be found that way but too many complaints changed that. You can check sotawicki or other sites for recipes and try that out with low tier 1 recipes if you want. And for heaven's sake no one buy or discover all those recipes. Let someone trade recipes with you to save you gold and frustration;). I am more than happy to do that but I'm away from game until August 23rd with my mom. Of course when I return I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

What @mass said. Once upon a time, all recipes could be learned by just putting the correct ingredients on the crafting table or by trading. I'm not sure what specifically prompted the change, as it was before I started playing. (You used to be able to get them all from vendors, too. That changed right after I started playing. I was very confused when I went to Aerie to get another batch of recipes one day, and suddenly half of them were gone.)

13. mass

mass Avatar

I do understand the change. 1)the internet ruins the reward for experimenting to unlock recipes; everyone just looks them up and unlocks everything. 2)since the best stuff is supposed to be player made, loot tends to suck; adding recipes to loot helps it suck less. 3)there were some balance problems with the distribution of recipes on vendors; like, at one point, you could go to Owls Head and have them all available. Obtaining recipes is supposed to be, to some extent, an 'exploration' activity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.