Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tutorial - "Use the first glyph on bar" suggested addition

Discussion in 'Release 60 QA Feedback' started by Vladamir Begemot, Nov 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

After you use the first skill (Searing Ray) and go back to talk to her, this would be a GREAT time to teach charging glyphs!

Fire Arrow is already in the bar and can be charged to 3rd level, how about adding that in as another task? It takes new players forever to find out about this otherwise.

I've had several tell me learning it was "a game changer".

Jaesun likes this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

That's a great idea, but I'm already worried with how text-heavy the whole extended tutorial is. I've mentioned a few times here in the office that maybe in the future we make a "level 2" tutorial area to teach advanced techniques and knowledge (and some suggested it might also be good to point players to "how-to" videos). That being said, I'm adding your suggestion into my to-do list just in case. Issue #62950

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It is pretty text heavy, something that concerns me a bit too. But, the difference between one searing ray use and also getting to teach charging is probably not going to make anyone quit the tutorial. Just my opinion of course. Thanks for considering it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.