Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars... for mounts in episode 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bubonic, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

As long as we are doing this though and the devs need more add-on store ideas.

I think various types of fancy stables would be a big thing. But here are a few more...

Riding cloak (with hood -- she wasn't called Little Red Riding Hood for nothing).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lady's riding habit.

Tudor
    [​IMG]

Georgian
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Victorian
    [​IMG]

Tudor riding hat.
    [​IMG]

Steampunk riding hat.
    [​IMG]

"Lancer'" Marion helmet with side-flaps (think Don Quixote).
    [​IMG]

Crusader-style riding helmet.
    [​IMG]

Mongol-style riding helmet.
    [​IMG]

Plumed knight's helmet.
    [​IMG]

Horned riding helmet.
    [​IMG]

Kite shield.
    " The shield was developed for mounted cavalry, and its dimensions correlate to the approximate space between a horse's neck and its rider's thigh."
    (I would expect some versions available in game)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ornate scimitar (horseman's sword).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

!!!!
    [​IMG]

I'm completely serious.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Oh yeah! He-man style.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  4. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Lol! Yes please, save Mao before he's spray painted black and saddled! Save Mao!

majoria70 and kaeshiva like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

@kaeshiva

I think that would be cool on future expansions on new continents when we run across more open frontiers and different cultures. I remember a concept art of a dungeon with the opening being a lion's mouth in the desert...

6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

May be after the horses are in, the TELEPORT SKILL will be introduced?
    And just teleporting without any skill will not work any longer?
    And may be, the RADIUS of teleportation will be less, and mages have to train further Teleport Skills for Range and Radius?
    Who can say, that teleportation will work on new land masses?

To have horses would be fine, because of travelling with horses and wagons could give a lot of interesting possibilities/encounters:
    Merchants, Caravans, Pilgrims ... imagine the Bandits and other enemies waiting for them ...
    This would be fine to get a job to protect them on their way from a to b ...

And, well, maybe the NEW land masses will be designed in another way so to have a horse will be fun and more necessary?

And please remember, what @DarkStarr told:
    Focus for next Releases is on Bug fixing!
    So the current stretch goals are focusing on dev. for Ep. 2 next year(s) ...
    And if there are players who want to have this feature in game, well, their decision.

Horse races and Jousting would be a fine thing, may be the horses are the first step ;)

Also housing started with lots...

If housing wouldn't be inside, no Avatar could receive a row lot at end of Ep.1 to participate on this part of the game.
    Well, may be more players will appreciate the warm fire place in their own house ;)

I think more stretch goals will follow. (And if ships aren't a main goal for Ep. 2, may be they will be anounced on next telethon(s)?)

Well, reading my threads, people know, why I am here and where my focus is:
    Story, Quests, Journal, Map ...
    ... this means not, that I don't like all the other possibilities!
    For example, imagine:
    watching the beautiful day, sitting at the harbor of Ardoris, when suddenly ships appear on the horizon, filled up with undead (or whatever kind of Pirates), sailing directly toward Ardoris!

Ships will be mounted with Avatars, running on board to meet the Pirate Ships before they can destroy Ardoris (or maybe another City).
    Same scenario could be with sea dragons, appearing at the beach somewhere in Novia ...

Well, could also be a hundreds of (dead) horses, mounted by -whatever- creatures on a huge battlefield somewhere in Novia ...

So, let's see, what future provides! Nothing is only black or white, not even an Avatar ;)

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  7. Womby

Womby Avatar

I remember the Episode 1 stretch goals quite clearly. I think it is rational to expect the same outcome for the Episode 2 stretch goals. Regardless, if you are happy to spend $20 to acquire a pet foal then by all means do so, and enjoy the warm glow that comes from helping finance the game.

Vyrin likes this.
  8. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So the stretch goals thing may be a learning experience on both sides.
    I suspect if some good stretch goal ideas get thrown out and made available then we may start to see 5 meter stretch goals and then 100 meter stretch goals.
    I'd like to see some that act as rainy day funds for job functions there.
    I.E. Stretch Goal, add Dungeon called "The Run" accessible from the bottom of "The Rise" because everyone loves math jokes. Requires creation of dungeon.
    Stretch Goal, add Chitin armor. Requires models, animation stitching, armor effect balancing.
    Stretch Goal, moving trader caravan encounters with protect or ransack quest options. Bonus, affect prices in towns based on consistent delivery or lack of delivery of goods.

9. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, forget items, (not that we don't need more, we do) but things like that are needed. Wave battles like UT but you can't let the caravan people die. That would be hard, and it would be fun.

10. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

I would like to suggest a stretch goal of fixing all non-trivial combat bugs. I would like to bask in the warm glow of that special kind of feeling that occurs when you successfully launch a skill, and it flawlessly executes exactly as described in the tooltip.

For only another $20, I would settle for no longer having to spend several minutes flashing all of Novia with my nude avatar for 5 minutes before a fight as I clear the "naked deck swap bug" for the hundredth time. Can I find that somewhere in the Add-On store?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I want Kobold Tech

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brugas likes this.
  12. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

I honestly don't know why Kobold's don't rule the current world... they have knowledge of advanced technology as well as magic, their minions are generally far stronger than most races as well. Secondly, for such an advanced race... why do they speak so poorly? It's like Hodor as Albert Einstein...

Cordelayne and Stundorn like this.
  13. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The kobolds are biding their time.
    They may speak poorly in the outlander tongue, but they are far above such considerations, finding our language course and simple. It's much like humans trying to speak the language of snails.
    Their plans for world domination are underway and would be clearly visible if we humans were not of such simple intellect...:X

Brugas and Cordelayne like this.
  14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I think they a smart like hell and dont even bother :)
    I admire them, although they are a constant threat to Norgard what is my home since i came to Novia and left Drachental for several reasons.
    But i like Drachental and it's Gouverneur and i'm still in touch.
    I remember to speak to Korabar once and what he said impressed me.

Brugas likes this.
  15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Highwayman's long coat.
    "A highwayman was a robber who stole from travellers. This type of thief usually traveled and robbed by horse as compared to a footpad who travelled and robbed on foot; mounted highwaymen were widely considered to be socially superior to footpads."

[​IMG]

16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Highwaymen had a uniform?

17. redfish

redfish Avatar

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.