Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

UI Cursor jumps to center screen on window resize

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Night Fury, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Night Fury

Night Fury Avatar

2: 100%
    3: No
    4: Adjusting any realizable window causes cursor to jump to center of the screen. Except for Nearby Players, and Chat Window.

Windows Include: Lot Deeds, Friends, Glyphs, Emotes, Blocked Players, and Wars.
    Asked another player to test this and they confirmed the results.

NF

2. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Now that you mention it, mine seems to do this from time to time in combat - under certain circumstances that I am yet to work out - When this happens I lose track of where the curor is and panic as I can't hit by action buttons until I wave the mouse about, relocate the cursor and navigate back to the bare! I hadn't realised what the issue was fully (and still don't) but your post makes me think its a similar issue. Prior I was going to ask for an option for a hi-vis cursor (bright green or something), thinking it was my eyes, but I've observed it again and for some reason my cursor relocates away from the action bar and I have to find it and move it back. I will try to see what, if anything (other than my imagination), is causing this and make a better report if I can. So far I can say

repro rate is moderate
    blocker? no but i have died in very tight fights due to wasting several seconds locating my action buttons.

By the way Night Fury: I had an issue recently when running the game at a LOWER Resolution than my Desktop Resolution, such that when I right clicked the cursor (such as on books or to cancel an action), the pointer jumped from right to left horizontally and also seemed to result in a pointer too large for the Res - and some other strangeness.

The Devs suggested I align my game Res to my Desktop Res, which fixed this particular issue completely, after a system reeboot.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Thanks forwarded for review 22/11/2016

4. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

This started for me after patch 511 ... trying to resize Social and Backpack cause the mouse to jump to the center of the screen and GUMP I'm trying to adjust jumps to a smaller size (just by clicking). The Social menu shinks to it's minimal size.

5. Mytaz E'll

Mytaz E'll Developer Emeritus

Bug submitted. Id. is... is... 38000! Woohoo!

Ravalox and Balec Fares deCani like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.