Ultima Online 2?

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Stimwalt, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I backed it but have had no time in RL to play it. Sounds great! Sota does not appeal to me whatsoever.

Dhanan likes this.
  2. Koss

Koss Avatar

I looked at it. It does looks like UO.

However, that being said...
    Thanks but no thanks.

I will hang with Garriot. :)

3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I don't know why but when we first started posting on the forums years ago you where much more light and pleasant. Now days its like what you state is written in stone and no questions asked! The most intolerant intolerable.! One thing I would like to point out. Not everyone is educated in programming or computer science. Not everyone has the privilage of how to debate with ethics on a forum. This game has a world audience. When you speak in absolutes you limit and actually push away people that might not be confrontational or understand your totalitarian premise.
    That should be a slogan!

Dhanan and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  4. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

So i havent really followed it but i just watched a ton of youtube videos and OMG im hooked even if the game flops id happily spend the pledge amounts just to get that uo fix until it does. It looks so similar! Even down to the PvP and when someone dies the OooOOo haha!

Dhanan, Ravicus Domdred and MrBlight like this.
  5. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

LOA has stirred something deep within me. I had a tonne of fun killing skeletons and zombies in the graveyard, and a feeling I hadn't felt since exploring UO.

6. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Im looking forward to playing. You cant get on the official server though until its on steam right?

Also i was thinking about how awesome old UO was and i realized part of the whole experience was ICQ messenger and that UHOH sound everytime you got a message. LOL

7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

You are correct. I used to want a conversation. I've lost that. There's so little two way(or more) banter going on. I do more of a fire and forget method. I get less mod interaction this way but it's less enjoyable. Which is why I post much less. Thanks for the observation. I'll have that in the back of my mind when if I post.

8. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

So i purchased this game Aria and i have to admit it feels alot like UO but in an improved way. Its not the best graphics etc but it really really reminds me of UO and its decently populated.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I prey it works for you!

My personal experience is that every time I wrote a post like that or even just thought it to myself, I was right back here.

Korim Rackham likes this.
  10. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

yeah well i dont play SOTA much i have more hours in the forums at this point in think lol

Hunter OfSouls and Tahru like this.
  11. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

UO404 :(

Tahru likes this.
  12. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Wow, so with Legends Of Aria its the first time i have stayed up until the wee hours on a worknight to game in a long time. I cant even begin to describe how much it feels like UO. I would Highly recommend this game to anyone that put time into Ultima Online and liked it. The graphics are Meh but the game as a whole is very UO like but different. The nice thing is for the UO vets it will feel very familiar right off the bat but skills and stats are different. I have to admit its fairly challenging too. Im personally playing a mage and Regs are freaking expensive and you only start with like 50 copper. Got my ass kicked by a rat haha! Im still trying to figure out how to make coin to be able to raise my magery. Game also has free for all loot, and protected/unprotected zones, Karma, Fame, you name it. its def a revamped UO. Ill still check on SOTA here and there but i only put around 400 hours into SOTA to date and never felt so UO like. Sota always felt different but it was ok for me the first 200 and something hours then everything just got bland etc. Who knows maybe LoA will be old to me in few months but its def great for 29.99 for now!

13. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

I feel LoA has all the gameplay elements SotA should have developed earlier. With the rule sets and risk vs reward zones it is not so much different in design but more fleshed out.

However I feel that the shard system thins out the playerbase too much. With release in april if I am right it might be an option if SotA tanks after release. You can still buy early access and get a week headstart!

14. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

yeah the shard system is interesting. They do have the official shards, and they also allow shards with same rule sets to connect with eachother which is kind of cool

15. Logain

Logain Avatar

Yeah, pity though they only sell through PayPal. If they would accept credit cards/allow payment (pre-purchase) through Steam, I'd have bought it by now.

16. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Another 2am night last night. Crazy running into alot of people from my old official server napa valley in Aria pretty neat.

Montaigne and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  17. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

If anyone is going to buy a founders pack, or is on the fence about it, send me a PM and I might be able to help you out with a discount.

18. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Dang how so? If anyone is on the fence about it and loved UO as stated before i highly recommend checking this game out! I have put in too much time in LoA since buying it and am having alot of fun the nostalgia oh my! I even lost all my hard earned stuff the other day. The devs where holding a dungeon test so they opened the portal there was a ton of people participating anyhow the games free loot, i died on a boss and someone looted all my stuff :( But no biggie the FFA loot is one of the things i love about this game! Im playing an archer class at the moment which is a bit of struggle in PvP but in a group its good, just 1 on 1 is tough i think mages currently own the pvp scene at the moment but that can and prob will change. no different than UO really mages where always tier 1 pvpers. Originally i tried the mage but regs where super expensive hard to start with so switched archer and craft own bows/arrows seems to keep me going! Anyway if anyone is playing PM me your names ill keep an eye out for you!

19. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

I was lucky enough to play the first (non-contest) test when it was Shards. It was fun albeit pretty rudimentary at the time. I'll probably play a little of the final released product as well, pending time available - although won't be fully substituting one game for another.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten typically had some great live events in UO during some of the final stronger years later on in its run, and did a pretty solid job in trying to fill in quest material at that point (e.g. Inu the Crone storyline). LoA are in good hands in that regard at least. I'm glad they renamed the product.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Korim Rackham likes this.
  20. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Sure are! I cant remember the last time i played a game this much haha. Its only in Beta too! And for those of you that PvP, if you can believe this..... citidel studios is hosting a 2 on 2 PvP tourney coming up with founder pack give aways(yes free) and all! SAY WHAT? A dev team that actively supports PvP?! this game is getting better and better by the day! They will even have fun things for people who dont pvp and are just there to watch that also include giveaways.

Logain and Ravicus Domdred like this.