Ultima Online 2?

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Stimwalt, Oct 18, 2017.

1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And one thing to mention (I have purchased a founders pack). This really is a PvP game for those who do not know that. I am not saying a lot of the elements of UO are not here sure they are in spades. So anyway it is a valiant attempt from the developers to bring this to players who are wishing for this pvp/UO element and more. So we shall see. While I have played a little pvp it is not my favorite thing to do. So here's hoping and wishing the game much success.

Numa, Hazard, Logain and 2 others like this.
  2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Well I tried the beta and wow. LoA is a better game now. Not UO2 but it’s own creation. It is much better to play. My opinion turned 180 now that they are not just trying to copy UO anymore.

Korim Rackham likes this.
  3. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

I played LoA for one night is was terrible 0/10 nice attempt at visually cloning UO though.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  4. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

0/10 really? What didnt you like? I personally love the game i have put more hours into that than any game in the last couple years and am absolutely loving it. Its still in Beta which they just extended so they arent rushing anything and its already super fun. Game gets a 10/10 from my point of view i mean at this point ive had such a blast that if it flops i def got my 29.99 worth. Anyway everyones entitled to their own opinion but to me LoA is a better game than SOTA right now and theyve worked on a 500k budget.

Logain likes this.
  5. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

This is my $0.02 on this game after watching the video and reading around:

1) Character item slots - not many of them at all. I think there were basically like 3 for armor. I don't like that. I guess I'm just weird.

2) Absolutely hate the combat that is shown on that video. The game is going to basically end up being an all mounted combat when out in the open. Run in with pre-charged spell, cast, try to hack with weapon, cast maybe once more, run away to heal or whatever and rinse/repeat. There needs to be some other skills like horseback fighting/casting or something. Casting intricate spells or fighting with weapons on horseback is entirely different than on foot. Maybe I'm just being too picky, but I didn't like it.

3) I did like how you can hack at any tree or mountain side to get resources. Finding harvesting nodes can be pretty annoying.

4) Top down view (bird's eye) isn't bad. It seems to fit the game and how its being built.

5) I like the feel of the game with the visuals combined and the houses and such. Kinda hard to describe what I'm trying to say, but hopefully you get it.

6) I like how you can drop loot on the floor instead of having to either put it in a storage bin or destroy it being your only options.

Gonna watch more videos to see what all there is to this game. I do understand it is in Alpha still so I don't want to judge it too harshly yet. Just wanted to comment on what I have seen so far from that video.

6. Corv

Corv Avatar

I LOVED the 3D client :) no sarcasm here