Ultima Online 2

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by Razimus, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I'm glad this never happened...

[​IMG]
    Look at that cow! So many obtuse angles!

[​IMG]
    I don't know what I'm looking at, are these robots or Sith Lords who decided to downgrade from lightsabers to funky bladed swords.

[​IMG]
    Ahhh Elves & Unicorns, doesn't get any more Ultima than that! And that palm tree looks like cardboard!

Screenshots from between 1999 and 2001 as that is how long the project lasted before being canned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online_2

tradyblix and Montaigne like this.
  2. bmoconno

bmoconno Avatar

Wow, I was so busy playing UO at the time that I didn't know there was a sequel in the works! I love the idea, as far as overlapping or meshed timelines, but I agree... the execution didn't look all that good to me.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Ultima had unicorns. :)

4. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

It would have looked good for the time :)

Ned888 likes this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

[sarcasm]All i want to know is - IS THERE FULL LOOT PVP!!!!! Because ALLL YOU CAREBEARS are afraid of it and wnan make the game worse for us PvPs we never done anything wrong.[/sarcasm]

licemeat and Canterbury like this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Uo2 would of been epic!

7. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

Those are Jukas. I remember seeing a video of some motion capture of them doing martial arts.... good times.

Razimus likes this.
  8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

and again... 13 years ago... the potential was fantastic! Obtuse angles (or badly formed geometry period...) have you looked at WoW???? This would have crushed it, or at the very least rivaled it. The elf you mention was a Meer, part of a race of cat people, protectors of the natural order in the far distant past of Sosaria, as the Juka were servants to the future lords of Britannia led by a now-immortal steampunk cyborg Lord Blackthorn.

9. Floors

Floors Avatar

RelExpo, I love that you moderate jokes out of threads and leave PvP flame-fests for days to accumulate junk.

10. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

A quote from my blog...

"UO2 featured a robot Blackthorn. That robot Blackthorn art didn’t go to waste, after UO2 was scrapped in 2001 UO1 used the art in aFebruary 2002 expansion called Lord Blackthorn’s Revenge. That robot Blackthorn was actually added to UO! Amazingly bad idea, but then again UO was already going downhill so the UO-ites didn’t seem to notice the injection of robot technology in their primitive medieval world... ...While Shroud of the Avatar does implement some steam-punk elements it isn’t going to have a robotic Blackthorn, well, hopefully not, I would urge anyone reading this to decide against a robot anything, except maybe a magical Automaton as seen in Serpent Isle."

I would add a non-magical Automaton wouldn't be an issue either, but I was never a fan of the concept of a cyborg. The Tesla tower is amazing, so it's not the technology that can ruin it for Ultima fans such as myself, it's hard to describe but Ultima is different for everyone, while I can claim this is Ultima and that isn't Ultima, there will always be Ultima fans that disagree. If Darkstarr turns out to be a cyborg with this or that tank wheels or a claw I will literally have a field day on my blogs about it, it will be inconsequential but my excitement for the project would diminish dramatically. I suppose the world is a franchise with it's own creators and it's own set of rules so I'll have to deal with whatever happens, but it does promote inspiration, it inspires me to continue writing a story I started back in 2001, I can at least guarantee there will be no cyborgs in my story.

11. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

To be honest, PvP is always a hot topic and passions can incite from its discussion but also some great ideas can (eventually...sometimes...) come from it. I try to keep an eye on them and wish I could take all the credit, but I can't. Just trying to keep things focused although I wonder how PvP in UO2 would have been.....

(and fixed btw)

Mordecai and tradyblix like this.
  12. Floors

Floors Avatar

Does UO2 exist anywhere still ? It makes me think that, somewhere out there somewhere has a disc image still.

That might be a kick to play, just to see where they were trying to take it.

13. Malchir

Malchir Avatar

Nope, getting a copy of UO2 would be like getting a copy of Ultima X, The Lost Vale or EA's Harry Potter Online. Good luck finding a copy I bet EA has it in a vault somewhere collecting dust though.

14. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

There's a mod on the internet somewhere that can convert your UO client to 3D, but I don't think it's been updated in awhile

15. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

And Elves! Actually even we can choose one to play... Noting really weird in those images (15 years old anyway). Was a pitty that we neved had UO2... But now we are here.

16. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

See the quote above dawg, I didn't know either but those 'elves' were apparently furcadian 'cat people', wow talk about even more Ultima-esque, cat peeps, seems like maybe the Ultima furcadia guy might have had some major influence on uo2. But as for uo2, it will never exist, I predict within 3 years Ultima Online 1 shuts down it's doors & closes shop. I predict SOTA will be a major success despite some critical reviews. I predict EA will again launch another game with the 'Ultima' licensed name and again it will flop hard. I predict soon after this hard flop Episode II or III will be released depending on the hourglass of fate.

17. Duke Gréagóir

The One and Keira Of CODB like this.
  18. Duke Gréagóir

Movie time!

UO2 Faire Trailer:

UO2:

The One and Keira Of CODB like this.
  19. Duke Gréagóir

Last one -

If you want to get into the storyline of UO2 get these books:

[​IMG]
    These were made originally for Ultima Online 2.

Machinations (2001)
    A WORLD REFORGED A sorcerous cataclysm has remade the ancient and magical world of Sosaria, where a misguided plan to bring ultimate order to the land has altered its destiny forever. Now past, present, and future are one...a unity that sets in motion an astonishing age of discovery and confiict for this strange new world.
    Once separated by time and space, the warlike Juka, the calculating Technocrats, the matriarchs of the Meer, and the Virtuous knights of New Britannia are now on a collision course. Fragile alliances threaten to unravel as treachery and deceit pit kingdom against kingdom. Unless bitter enemies can put aside their vengeful differences long enough to uncover the truth, all Sosaria will be ripped asunder.

Masquerade (2002)
    TIME OF WAR In the aftermath of a devastating, time-rending cataclysm, the splintered world of Sosaria is now a patchwork of nations ripped from moments in the distant past, the present, and the far future. Three great kingdoms now perch on the brink of war.
    The wizards and knights of New Britannia prepare to join the warlike Juka in a battle against the mysterious, calculating Technocrats, who are led by the twisted Lord Blackthorn. In a test that will challenge the limits of their honor, a Jukan warrior and a Virtuous knight must unmask the sinister pact behind the war before the Technocrats unleash a mechanical storm that could bring all of Sosaria to its knees.

Maelstrom (2002)
    STORM OF AGES As war ravages the time-torn world of Sosaria, the knights and wizards of New Britannia have joined the warlike Juka to invade the desert wastes of the Technocrats. To uncover the secret plot of the shadowy forces that control the carnage, an outlaw knight and a crafty Jukan veteran must challenge fierce enemies and their own ideas of honor, else the final battle could destroy all three nations and perhaps the very foundations of Sosaria itself.

Source: http://www.ultimamuseum.com/UltimaNovelsBooks/
    http://www.ultimamuseum.com/Ultima_Online/Ultima_Online_2/

20. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.