Ultima Online memories!

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by VictorZanta, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Ironfist88

Ironfist88 Avatar

Clan Fianna for life, Red Branch Lives!

2. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

[quote="After some trouble being able to stay logged on we were finally able to do some exploring in the game. One of the first things I remember is while exploring the wooded area near Britian I found a bag hidden behind a tree with all sorts of goodies hidden in it. People were doing that to trade stuff to one of their other characters I suppose. Well, someone would be disappointed that day due to my eager exploration of the surrounding area!
    [/quote]

I used to dump a bag off stuff off in the crypt behind the Inn in Umbra. I remember nervously waiting to log in with my other character to pick it up...good times!

licemeat likes this.
  3. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

For a smile: Seeing a thief open up one of my key bombs. :D

For a serious thought: Knowing the answer to "What were you doing on 9/11?" is working on guild stuff in UO.

4. Moonlightmyst

Moonlightmyst Avatar

I was on Atlantic starting in '96. My town was Trinsic until I became Dread Lady. I miss those days.

5. Booradley

Booradley Avatar

Napa Valley
    Playing my thief, stealing something at the bank and out running the guards (or just successfully stealing) (I had an OC3 connection from the internet village apartments I lived in)..this leaving me grey to the victim...strolled back to the bank where the victim had proceeded to attack me, and me being the gm fencer I was...killed him and took everything. Or if I wanted some more fun, Id stealth and pull and put items back from the corpse and call guards on anyone that looted what was a blue corpse to them.

Ran around with bound orc mask, black sandals and newbie clothes. Just an exceptional kryss with some lethal posion was all I needed.

Good times..

6. Tiamat888

Tiamat888 Avatar

I played on Chesapeake from release until about 2000. My main haunt was Empath Abbey in Yew and hanging out with my pals Old Rocks, CaT, the "Friends of Yew" and all the great folk in the Sillyhood. *Ni!* I owned a tent directly in front of Empath Abbey and a small house just in the woods crammed among the maze of hundreds of other houses in the trees.

Battling the Death Jesters and the Keepers of Chaos. The valley in front of Wrong littered with fallen reds and blues.

When t2a opened up, and I discovered the Terathen warriors and their magic weapon drops. I had a shop on Moonglow isle that sold only magic weapons. It was quite popular.

2007-8 after returning to the game. Playing as the young elf, Sencha with his dog and stumbling into a huge Paxlair dungeon romp and being invited. Following closely and trying to survive in Hythloth with 60ish skills. Later, serving as emissary and then deputy under NANOC in the DWxC guild.

NANOC likes this.
  7. monkeyrogue

monkeyrogue Avatar

Fondest memory. I had just placed my house on Dagger Isle, I was a thief. That was about it. I was practicing pick-pocketing with a friend in Moonglow. We were taking a break at 98% and a PKer got us in a kill-loop (we couldn't attack him, not that we could kill him) and he could lay waste to us. He stole my house key and my runestone and robbed my house of what little loot I had. When he came around for round two he was after my friend, and I stayed hidden. While he killed my buddy with a bogus runestone, I snatched his keyring and several runestones out of his pocket.

I then snuck away. We ported out to his runestone locations, looted EVERYTHING we could, packed it into our new house (haha found a house deed) and locked the door. Good times.

Vox Aquila likes this.
  8. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Avatar

GL faction fighting with my guild C*P. Those 24 hour watches protecting True Britt Castle were amazing times

9. Deylan

Deylan Avatar

LORD Silver...I was on Baja...do you remember Hayloh...just remember visiting her and a couple of her friends in Auburn,California
    . .she still around? We were KOJ back then..then merged with LoD.

10. Manuel Marino

Manuel Marino Avatar

The first days are real magic, I mean, UO was the first game of its kind. So you started it, and you were totally immersed in this new world, or well, known world if you were an Ultima fan. Anyway, the first time I escaped the thieves outside Britain. My thoughts: "There were REAL players setting up ambushes outside the city!" And then the first guild, the quests, the ranks, the battles. Amazing.

11. Ulfgar GreyHawk

Ulfgar GreyHawk Avatar

Greatest memory of all was the friendships you made with people. Was in a guild on GL server called Wind and being so excited we were the second best guild behind Guild of Friends which was huge.

12. Ancev

Ancev Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

Mongbat assault!

Cypher Black likes this.