Ultima Online memories!

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by VictorZanta, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

best memory:
    i was playing with a guy several hours until we found out, that we were schoolmates.

worst:
    monthly discussions with my parents about the phone bill.

Time Lord, Montaigne, DB83 and 2 others like this.
  2. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

Indeed you did Aedon, I'm pretty sure you are in the picture that I posted of it. I'm glad to see you will be playing SoTA, it will be cool to see all the old rper friends again and make some new ones :)

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

I always had a great time and laugh while id be in any dungeon mobing it up for some gold.. Playing next to that player that would keep taking all the gold as it dropped off the mobs i was killing... Had the same macros on all my toons. . So my blues and reds used the tilde ~ so the words of power never displayed.. After the spawn round they would never see the explode energy bolt coming... Ill take my gold now... And yours... Recall deposit.... Return and rez... And watch em go... *rests head on hand looking up * thinking.... The good old days when repercussions would come swift and fast. ...

Time Lord likes this.
  4. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

You are likely talking about Safe Haven at the Britain/Minoc crossroads. You may or may not remember my character Shaar Barista or Tyria that founded SH. We would were constantly getting besieged early on in the game but started engaging in some serious polticial and diplomat intrique to gain protection of the town. Yes, we paid for guards, hired mercenaries to help keep the peace. Doing this created a lot of excitement for the server. I talked about it in my post here about RP driven PvP:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/uo-siege-perilous-and-roleplayed-pvp.3239/

Time Lord and Aeryk like this.
  5. E n v y X I I I

E n v y X I I I Avatar

I just opened up some Freeshards, took one look and left, I don't think I could ever restart Ultima Online ever again, the outdated graphics was enough to put me off and the crazy item bonuses/mods.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. jalmeida

jalmeida Avatar

Hey Shaar!

I do remember the name, Safe Haven was not the one I was thinking of it was earlier in the shard then Safe Haven's Major fights, but I did fight a lot at Safe Haven with BiH. I was Wolf (Vigilante Justice) and Later Wolf/Strife (BiH)... NOT to be confused with the imposter later in the shards history that played with Yoda... I also ended up with some characters that Friends left me as they quit like the leader of (XIE) Osiris or something along those lines... I definately remember BiH doing some fighting at Safe Haven...

I think you and I had some classic arguments ;)

Time Lord and mikeaw1101 like this.
  7. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

My favorite UO memory is mining in the Orcish mines. I had a rune to recall in there and wore my mask of orcish kin. I got a throne out of there once. It was also a training ground for tamers and their dragons fighting the big orcs. It was a great place to mine rare ores like verite and valorite.

Another great memory was a treasure hunter's castle that had a rune book library to all the treasure spots and a room to train lockpick skills. Good times!

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Valdric

Valdric Avatar

Great Lakes was my home from 98-02.

Dark Guard and Farland Clan were my family.

Running from and hunting Sir Bart and his crew are the memories that really stick out for me.

Oh, and buying my keep. And spending hours decorating it, making it feel lived in.

Cpl Devil Dog and Time Lord like this.
  9. Favonius Cornelius

Favonius Cornelius Avatar

I played on the Catskills too from about 98-2000 I think. I eventually bought a tower and ran a major reagent selling enterprise which made me rich, used it to buy property and rare items. I eventually sold everything I had on ebay for a few thousand and used the money to visit England. :)

Time Lord and Reco Elgred like this.
  10. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

Strife! Yep, definitely remember you and BiH, great players and pvpers......You all had a lot of issues with Safe Haven harboring known criminals lol :) The town you must be thinking of is either Wispwood south of Yew or Coventry north of Minoc. though Coventry didn't last too long. Hopefully some of that player driven politics and conflict that was great on Siege can be apart of SotA.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Cinna Venrose

Cinna Venrose Avatar

Hey all,

Used to play a character named Cinna. I was with The Kingdom of Winterfell on Catskills. Anyone from around those parts?

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Cinna Venrose

Cinna Venrose Avatar

I definitely remember you, haha.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. CoconutMonkey

CoconutMonkey Avatar

14. redfish

redfish Avatar

That's almost as funny a name as Guybrush Threepwood.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Deaths Demise

Deaths Demise Avatar

OMG.. I could talk on this topic for days.. seriously.. We were on Pacific shard.

A buddy of mine and myself would set up a decayed house in between Vesper and Minoc. Chests would look full, tables set up, etc. On the table would be a Deadly poisoned cake, and each of the boxes would be greater explosion trapped. Without fail, wait 10 min or less and a person would come along, be like WOOT.. eat the cake. "You are wracked in extreme pain." "Seek immediate aid." Im not sure why but they alway sough immediate aid in a box.. which never resulted in anything happy. Loot their body and move the house a little ways away. Rinse and repeat and hours of entertainment.

Secondly, Same buddy and myself and 1 other were the undisputed terrors of Terathan keep. We each had a GM mage with GM hide/stealth (meaning we only had 25hp). We could move those 3 Balrons (Collector of Souls, Lord of the Abyss, Slayer) like it was herding sheep. We'd pull aggro with running up, just enough to move them out of their "safe" spot, tab out, stealth, Wall of stones, bales of hay, etc. We'd also have people rubber band with stamina loss, Balron kills person, we loot your stuff, wear it, taunt whatever, and then kill the Balrons ourself. We may have been douchebags, but at least we were Glorious Lord Douchebags.

Typically we only had on our Blessed Deer Helms, our Blessed Black Sandals, and the Blessed Newb clothing. We carried maybe 10 of each Reg if not less, and a Rune that probably was marked HAHAHAHAHA.. thats it. Well, maybe not thats all, we loved to set up a lemonade stand in the middle of the room, blocking off a small square with chests and tables, while 2 mobs were very aggro'd on us but because of no AI, couldn't touch us.

Another time, and I'm sure this had probably been done many times, a group of us (6 or 7) created identical characters all named Bob. We were all flagged as murders and would go stand on the East road out of Britannia. We'd stand all on the exact same spot, looking to be 1 character. Along comes a brave soul looking to rid the world of foul scums and would attack... and then meets 4 Kal Vas Flams and 3 Corp Pors.. .. and then we'd converse with them.. OOooOoOOOooOo.

Annnd, we did the steal a house spot trick as well, right outside of Cove. Sold it back to them for about 5 mil.

Don't judge me too much... haha but DAMN, those were the golden days... We did all that on our D.Bag characters. We also had our virtuous characters who help out a ton of people but it surely wasn't as fun =)

Oh one last thing, We did all this while being in the military over in Japan. We only had dial up and it cost a ton. On the average our monthly internet bill per person was well over $200, which is crazy when you make so little.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Damion

Damion Avatar

Hello Everyone,
    I would like to inform you of a brand new, free shard which has recently launched, called Ultima Online Epidemic. Every new player that joins can page in to receive a 7x skillball to get started. Ultima Online Clients 7.0.15.1 - 7.0.30.1 are supported.

Some custom features of UO Epidemic include new custom tameables(new ancient dragon, hiryu, bake kitsune, rare hue mounts like wolves, llamas, steeds and bears), new custom rares, new wood types with different properties, new custom craftables(slayer bows, +ar doublets +ar jewelry) and player created cities which can be destroyed using cannons, rams and catapults. All PvP templates are balanced UOR style, poisoning does not suck, and there are no bolas or wands. There is a PvP pentacle "king of the hill" style event every 4 hours which will give the winner a prize. There is a Hunter with Hunter BODs which will give a player Hunter Coins. Hunter BODs are completed by killing a monster and then collecting its corpse. There is a custom infected elf quest, which has secret unlocked areas and the scenario includes a beastly group of savages in Bucs Den. Skill scrolls, slayer spellbooks and rare hued items drop on monsters. Bucs Den is a permanently criminal zone where anyone can be attacked. The city of Yew does not have any guards anymore due to the infected elves which have taken over. Davey Jones, pirates and white pearls can be fished up now. Lobster traps have been added which can summon Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer. Destroyable High Seas Galleons with smooth movement have been added, along with a floating docks area with Corgul the Soulbinder and his minions. UO Epidemic also even has its very own Private Access Lake!

Tough PvM Bosses, great PvP scenarios, all 6 champion spawns with harrower, custom craftables, custom tameables, custom player ran cities, smooth boat movement, high seas galleons, quick setup with 7x skillball to get started. What more could you ask for?

www.UOEpidemic.com
    Login: UOEpidemic.com
    Port: 2593

Time Lord likes this.
  17. jugallo

jugallo Avatar

I remember the Gaurdians of Virtue [GOV] Guild and fight nights in moonglow on Atlantic. Goodman was in that guild with me along with some other great folks. I still play on Atlantic and I still really enjoy the game, however recently finding out about SotA has put a damper on that. I have always longed for a modern game that captured the community that UO has, and I. Thinking this might be it!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Time Lord and Mystic like this.
  19. tomsawyer

tomsawyer Avatar

My earliest UO memory-

My friend and I got UO when T2A released. The first thing we did was go to Yew where my buddy met some RP guild, I think it was Seekers of the Heart (SoH) or something on Chessy. I had no idea how to play the game and ended up killing one of the RP people and the RPers got mad at me. Also I was AFK macroing in their guild house. When they kicked me out, I thought I could hide behind the big Yew trees and afk macro and no one would see me.

My best memory-

It was right before trammel opened and everyone was buying house deeds. I was planning to place a large brick and I was derping around in the Brit architects. I had a GM hiding character and I would just hide places and watch people. It was a rouge character but I didn't know how to do stealing or stealth yet. So some dude comes in and buys a castle deed and I am hidden there. His backpack must have been full because the deed somehow dropped on the ground. I grabbed it before he even knew what was happening. I stood there hidden and watched him freak out for a good 10 minutes. Then he brings his friends and tries to explain to them how the deed disappeared. I sold it for a million gold, more gold than I had ever had in the game. I think I ended up buying some rare paintings to decorate my new trammel house.

Years later on UOSA I made a proper thief character and stole quite a few house deeds from people hiding out in the architects. Never got a castle deed again though.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. pixtj

pixtj Avatar

A few of my favorite memories ....

One of my earliest was the time another new player and I decided to venture up the East Rd out of Brit ... at the same time we both decided to follow each other, the following 5 min had my in physical RL tears. We could not figure out what was going on .... neither of us could walk - straight. I guess this was before walking independently disengaged the follow ....

Another time was one of the first times I had use UOA ... I was not long about to log off and all of a sudden I started recalling off into dungons, towns ... I was casting spells and walking about, even talking ... I could not figure what the heck was happening. I then looked a little more closely and I realized I was 're-doing' all I had done for the 2 or 3 hrs I had been playing. You guessed it I had recorded over 2 hrs of game play as a single macro, and had somehow set it off to play .....

Talking of macros, I was attending a player meet, and was running late ... we were going to one of those Tag Lazer Zone games. Nearby was a strip of cafes as I walked through the strip to get the the location I heard the word ' Macro ' I stopped and listened in to the conversation, and sure enough it was the group from UO.

And of course my most favorite memory was meeting (in game) my now RL partner .... we have 2 sons and they both will be playing SotA.

Time Lord and Jynx like this.