Ultima Online memories!

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by VictorZanta, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Derium

Derium Avatar

My best memory of UO? ANYTHING that was pre-AoS.

Time Lord, Trenyc and pixtj like this.
  2. rschrager

rschrager Avatar

I had all sorts of great times as a player in UO - crafting, exploring, coming home to my little island off the coast of Skara Brae to find roaming monsters left behind from a lvl 5 treasure map... but some of my best times were as a C and later, a SRC on the east servers (LS, Chessie and Atlantic). That opened up a whole new set of opportunities for me - the chance to interact with other volunteers, players from all 3 servers, and of course, the GMs!

Time Lord likes this.
  3. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Agreed! UO was the best back then (if you had a decent ISP).

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Getty313

Getty313 Avatar

Definitely some great memories with UO.
    I was active on Lake Superior on-and-off for 13 years - some of my chars were: Dean, Whiskey Man, Juran Black.

Some notable memories in case anyone I played with is around here:
    • Lumberjacking, making and selling bows until I could afford a large L-shaped house - only to have it stolen the next day
    • Knights of the Alliance (guild) who held PvP tournaments every weekend
    • Grinding Ogre Lords just to get the "Lord" title in front of my name
    • Blue Clan Brotherhood (guild) headquartered at the crossroads west of Minoc
    • Ultima Online's Finest (guild) had some epic PvP battles with The Cabal just about everywhere (Buccaneer's Den bank, Harrowers..)

Happy to be among friends here and hoping to see the same folks stick around SotA to make it just as great.

Xandra7 and Time Lord like this.
  5. Strothers

Strothers Avatar

This is an old drum that I keep banging, but... My best times on UO was to jump on a boat with a few freinds and go Tresure hunting! Damn I miss that :(

Time Lord, Mata and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  6. Caveloot.com Owner

Caveloot.com Owner Avatar

Yeah, what was nice is you could just save up some maps when solo fishing, or your guild fishers do.. Once the guild had a dozen of them or more, it was a quick and simple guild event to schedule that was fun and could sometimes be a bit lucrative. Maybe toss out a few nets along the way.

Id really, really like to see a similar system implemented in game. Improve it sure but at its root part of the bonus of this was that it wasn't over complex to do offering a good spur of the moment group activity.

7. Strothers

Strothers Avatar

Exactly! I'm glad there our players out there that share my view on this! Most people seem to forget about it or dont care. Hopefully they will put it in. Then I will stop harping on about it haha :)

8. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

My greatest memory was picking up a bow on the floor and getting pked for being a dumb ass and taking the bait. I still laugh about that day....

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Dropping poisoned fish steaks and DP trapped chests by the Brit Bank. Dems was some good times. :p

One time I followed a guy who picked up a poisoned fish steak all the way to the crossroads by Skara Brae. He died there, and I actually got to loot him. :D No PK count!

Also, stealing right by a bank and trying to bank the item before someone called guards was lots of fun. :)

Time Lord and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  10. Zoucrew

Zoucrew Avatar

This was either just at release or during the beta on Great Lakes, I created a animal trainer and trained around 20-30 pets. Mostly bears, pigs, and chickens. I lined them up on the southwestern Britannia bridge and ordered them to "STAY". I had the bridge COMPLETELY blocked off with several rows of animals and nobody could easily move in and out!

In a matter of a very long day, I got that character to 100% GM Animal Trainer....but at the time the skill was nearly useless.

Also...a few months ago I logged back into Great Lakes and started dragging Raiders into Brit Bank. The area is so low populated I was able to drag around 8-10 raiders in a few at a time...someone would log in or walk by and they would get attacked. People rallied and killed them off several times.

I had many more memories, but the ones where I was a douche are sometimes most memorable because it is completely not my character.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Zoucrew

Zoucrew Avatar

Actually I take that back, I had a character originally during the beta and a friend and I wanted to create a guild called "United Arab Terrorists". The premise was we would roleplay as vagabonds and trolls who would sow chaos. Years and years later, I had my webpage ignored and lost in geocities. After 9/11 I got an email from someone DEMANDING to know the location of Osama Bin Laden...lol

In hindsight, it was definitly a juvenile plan coming from a juvenile player.

Still have the character in Great Lakes

Good memories for many years, mainly just hanging out at the crossroads and being a third wheel kind of a person, ready to battle for the little guy who had nobody to back them up.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Zoucrew

Zoucrew Avatar

That is true, becuase there was always the possibility and likelihood that strangers were more then likely possible threats or hostile enemies. This made it such a incredible experience when you finally met someone who was honest, caring, and trustworthy. Or....made it very interesting when you think you had a friend but it turned out being an enemy.

Rallying paladin types at brit bank to rid the crossroads of thieves and murderers was one of the coolest and most unique things EVER. And once they took away non-consensual PVP, it totally care-bared everything and relationships soon became hollow and meaningless...in a way. Once they took out the risk, for me it took out the excitement.

Time Lord and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  13. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Captain Jack thinks that is a very, VERY, low bar. No wonder Captain Jack got a horrible feeling from Ultima Online and doesn't like it.

Time Lord and Alexander like this.
  14. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

A friend and I used to wear cloaks to go out logging looking like noobs but he was a maxed out mage and i was a logger / smith with a vanq ax and full plate. We would be logging along and mining and a red practicing his trade would think us to be easy pickings and attack ... Well he was in for a surprise.. :eek:

Was funny :)

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I remember one time, at UO band camp? That was the best.

Moonshadow and Time Lord like this.
  16. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Oh god yesssss! I love you chad! Read a lot of your stories! You are a great thief!! :**********

Time Lord likes this.
  17. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

God I have so many stories to share. I am afraid that if I begin I wont be able to hold my tears. Such fond memories wow. It was really like a second life. Absolutely amazing.
    ……………

Time Lord likes this.
  18. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Try Space Station 13 on the Baystation12 server. All who are looking for the same level of immersion do as I said. You will be shocked bryond words.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

TUR, The Un-Ruled
    TFS, The Fellowship
    RUN, Daikoku
    UMP, The Universal Melting Pot

~TL~:rolleyes:

20. TexasRho83

TexasRho83 Avatar

I played UO for about 6 years - Atlantic. I had 3 reds at one time including a red tamer. I miss the days of locking down the heads of victims in your house or on the stoop.

Some of the best times were on the sea though...

Anyone remember Yblarbo Janks? Crazy Joe?

I have bookmarked Joe's site, that sadly, he no longer keeps up with so some of the links are dead but there are plenty of old screenies that ought to take anyone back :)

http://www.crazyjoe.us/crazyjoe.old/ultimaonline2/episodes.htm

Moonlightmyst likes this.