Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ultima X - Odyssey Graphic was better

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by eXer, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eXer

eXer Avatar

The graphics of Ultima X - Odyssey was beautiful.​
    I can not play it Shroud of the Avatar :)
    The new game breaks my heart :)

sorry​
    I play another 10 years Ultima Online​

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Ah. nostalgia.

Personally, I prefer substance over form any day (and we'll never really know how much was behind the UX:O flash).

Though if I can get both that is just icing on the cake.

UX:O did have a sweet art-style though, I could do with some magic glowing robes :

[​IMG]

3. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

Welcome to the forums, eXer. If you make specific points/suggestions about what you don't like about the graphics then the fantastic dev team may take your feedback on board and make changes, if they get enough similar feedback.

What exactly don't you like? Make a polite list of things you think can be improved.

smack and Sir Cabirus like this.
  4. eXer

eXer Avatar

That would be cheaper

Mata likes this.
  5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

what?

Kaisa, Sir Cabirus and Duke Raas like this.
  6. eXer

eXer Avatar

Realm Crafter - The MMORPG Creation Engine

Then the Sota was already finished :):)

7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I have to say I'm getting nothing of what you are trying to say.

Kaisa likes this.
  8. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Sounds like eXer believes that changing out the game-engine at this point in development would be a viable means of completing the game.

I'm not really feeling it. :)

9. ilcontegis

ilcontegis Avatar

eXer is simply saying that the game looks really outdated in both graphics and animations. This level could be acceptable 10 years ago.
    In order to achieve the actual quality of SotA, there are many engines which can do already better and everything automatically. He's simply showing that what we have now is nothing complex to achieve.
    Have a look the the alpha of Kingdom Come: Deliverance for example to understand what means to propose up to date graphics, animations, combat, lighting, etc. etc.
    I'm not expecting to reach that point in a multiplayer game, still I'm hoping in something similar especially with regards to animations and combat.

dudina likes this.
  10. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Yes, I should have got that from what he wrote;)

I was at the tower and it looked really good.

I'm wondering if people have upped their settings.

11. repka3

repka3 Avatar

Again? :/ It's a pre-alpha. The models/anims/texture/sounds are PLACEHOLDER. Think about game dynamic, logic, not Visual aspect. It's pointless and stupid.
    This is a pre-alpha screenshot. Do you even recognize the game?
    [​IMG]

12. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

actually... you can see the beginnings of WoW in the "backpack", stat pop out and skill icons (obvious) as well as the artwork styles on the stump and the trees.

13. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I will admit I was very excited for UOX. Not sure I agree the graphics are better than SOTA, but they were pretty impressive at the time.

14. Lordy2

Lordy2 Avatar

i dont want to disappoint most of you but actual Pre Alpha, it's already an advanced version of the game. For sure we will see some upgrade in visuals (especially if and when they upgrade to the newest Unity engine). Though people DO NOT expect a huge jump on graphics, at least not for Episode I. It's nosense to compare (if that is) e screenie of WOW pre Alpha with a SOTA one. You all know that WOW has a budget higher then Star Citizen...so really no sense.

I have to agre, sadly, that current level of graphics, especially animations, is far from what i was expecting. Still, i do belive that SOTA won't be remembered for its graphics, but possibly for it's Always growing community and contents community is generating.

If i have to pick up a product we are actually trying to follow as a path...it's EVE Online. An Amazing community and a game that, when all started, wasn't that Amazing graphically speaking. Still it's one of the few surviving during years and FOR SURE it's the game with the deepest economical system. I say this cause my university thesis had a comparison among Macro Economical systems of WOW and EVE...and well....it's like talking about day and night.

I'd be happy if we can come close to what EVE did and is actually doing.

Cheers

ilcontegis likes this.
  15. ilcontegis

ilcontegis Avatar

I agree with what you are saying, but the game will be released in 2015-2016! 10+ years old graphics are not acceptable anymore...we shall see, I am progressively getting more and more worried about this game, each release is moving away from what I had in mind, every month the game is less sandbox rpg and more WoWish mmorpg... I guess only time can answer my doubts ^_^

16. Lordy2

Lordy2 Avatar

*By the way im Lord Marshall Vulcano aka Lordy.

Following this project form day one on KS.

17. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

Well i see it with different eyes and i dont think the graphics in SotA are in general bad. Gear and weapons are beautiful designed with a lot of level of detail. Items, sone walls, bottom textures also, trees and bushes needs improvement. The lighting is also very nice. Its not a graphic blockbuster but its ok for the purpose being a RPG. And the graphics of Ultima X werent better. Your mind confuses you :) What i am only wondering is the overall style of the scenes , it is very brownish.

18. abidias

abidias Avatar

RealmCrafter!?

I did some tests with Realm Crafter in the past, and the engine is garbage.
    Its based on BlitzBasic, its more of a GameMaker thing than a real Game Engine.

Good to know SotA is in good hands.

19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Being honest, from those screenshots and videos above, SotA looks much better than them in my opinion, and its graphics are far from completed. Im also relieved that SotA isnt gonna force people with 2-3 year old machines to have to upgrade in order to play it.

Leos likes this.
  20. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

After watching the Ultima X video I have to admit that I don't get it. This does look like an actiongame like Team Fortress 2 instead of an RPG... Where are the dialogues, the quests, the NPCs, cities, shops etc.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.