Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Um, I contributed to this?

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by RobbyT15, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

People are entitled to feel how they wish about something...not sure why this is being blown into such an issue.

Caska DiFumarate and Joviex like this.
  2. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Drip with what? How I perceive things to be? You can have an opinion, and I cannot? Weird.

3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Never said you couldn't have said opinion...Was merely pointing out that your perception runs contrary to the stated (by the devs) status of the game's development.

4. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

That's a small factoid that I didn't know. Gives me even more faith, as I never graduated college and know it gives you a little more of that #$%@ you attitude to push through on tough battles.

I rode on the negativity boat for a little while too, especially before R8, but as you see how far each release comes in a months time it is amazing. Not sure if you have been actually playing each release but it does give you a different perspective of the potential of this game when you actually put some time in. I know it seems futile to do so with the wipes but I challenge you to level up a little and try out each of the instances and skills if you haven't already. If you want any help or have questions, hit me up. /friend blake blackstone.

Sorry if this sounds like brown nosing but it's my honest opinion. ;)

5. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I am impressed with what they have done with what they have.

People complain that the game is disconjointed. Guess what it is… why cause not all the parts are in the game yet. Were being given tastes of what it the game is going to be so we can work out things that don’t work. Their putting things in the game that arnt fully flushed so we have more things to do. (i.e. test out make sure it works) changing graphics on an item is very simple. Getting an item in a game to function correctly is different.

Their will always be things that we wish were different in any game. I can list several here in this game now. However some changes that we personally want don’t match up with over all public opinion or even the creator’s vision. Creating a game is an art form. No matter how great the outcome of any art works. If you looked at the sisten chapel, Mona Lisa, or any structure before its complete will look bad. Why cause we can’t see what it’s going to be. Minute changes on anything can vastly improve or destroy anything.

To me and many others are not trying to defend weak points in the game were defending points in the game that are incomplete still. I am all for anyone expressing their opinions on any aspect. I caution that phrasing and negative comments to be just negative are uncalled for. (Troll)

My recommendation is that when u don’t like something in the game or think something isn’t as it should be or could be. Post about it by all means. But don’t just say this is broke or this is bad and sucks whatever. Say this doesn’t work. I recommend that if we do this and this it would work better. Cause guess what just cause u don’t like something one way doesn’t mean 100 other people really like it that way.

I also caution comparing this game to any other game. Not many of us have tested games this early maybe a hand full of others including myself. Yet in the forums were constantly comparing this to that game or that to something else. Finished product games and beta releases are much much further developed that what we’re looking at now. So regardless of apples oranges or plums, we will lose. Why cause were not to that development stage.

I would bet that when this game goes to release or even beta and one was to compare it to where we are today we all will go omg I can’t believe it was ever that bad.

6. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Lots of people's perceptions run contrary to the dev's. The dev's perceptions are even contrary to other dev's perceptions. Or one would assume that to be the case, being human nature.

If the game says "pre-alpha" then I assume the devs want us to know it's what they say (not us): pre-alpha.

At what point that might change is a mystery to me personally.

Kaisa, Sir_Hemlock, Joviex and 2 others like this.
  7. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I haven't seen anyone coming in the forums to be negative for the sake of trolling, or the sake of negativity. People feel what they feel.

I love all the Assassin's Creed games, but they are all far from perfect. There is some plain, outright bad design decisions. But I overlook them because I love the games so much.

It seems to be a hobby for people to bash Ubisoft, just because it's Ubisoft.

I see the same thing happening here sometimes with design decisions. But I haven't seen anyone bashing Portalarium just because it's Portalarium.

There are ways to get a point across without being attacking, sure. But because it's in pre-alpha, this is the time to raise outright objections. If one person does, there may very well be 100 others that do too.

Why? You can compare an unfinished game with other games. People like to express their perceptions. I think that's fine.

I hope you're right.

8. Sir Rhameus

Sir Rhameus Avatar

[Off topic but worth a mention]

I don't understand how this thread went from someone's opinion to attacking someone's education. Ever heard of a guy by the name of Bill Gates? Dropped out of college. How about Steve Jobs? Yep, drop-out. I only mention these two because they are among the most well-known successful college drop-outs. So those that bash others in this way must have some insecurities they need to work through.

9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

+1 Great point!

However, Bill Gates was a thief.

10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Richard addressed this in a recent interview that I read today.

He said alpha is feature complete in his mind and beta is content complete. The game is neither, and thusly technically pre-alpha. But they're adding content with each release as much as they're adding features. We'll be in pre-alpha for a very long time, but we'll jump from feature complete alpha to full release in a relatively short period of time I suspect.

Gaelis and Themo Lock like this.
  11. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

True... however, look how long it has taken them to 'flesh out' 20% of the mainland. ;)

12. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

From the last hangout, they hadn't even started on the mainland map until a week ago and in a few days they have 20% of it done.

Edit: They had obviously worked on mainland scenes before and they have a plot for the main campaign mapped out, but they hadn't worked on the overlap map for Novia itself until a week ago. I think part of that is because the overland map system has changed quite a bit from release to release.

Tahru likes this.
  13. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

I'm thinking they are talking about much more than the plot and overland map when they said they are 20% done. We've had the gem mines, Ardoris and Vertas press for a while now, for instance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.