Umuri's SOTA HUD - Combat Stats, Log parsing, /stats, DPS meter, and more. Now with Quests+

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Umuri, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Ok Im a moron, Ive downloaded the HUD mod, and run it, then I start the game (Steam version) and I get....nothing its just the plain vanilla SOTA hud...can anyone give me some step by step instructions for dummies? Yes Ive read the instructions Better yet is there a video of the process? I looked but didnt find one. Thanks in advance for any help

2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@MagiK - The HUD hasn't been updated for a few releases now. Last post from Umuri I think is almost a month ago now. He's got other projects that have been eating all his time so we'll see an update when he finishes those up.

MagiK likes this.
  3. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Thanks @Trihugger Hopefully he comes back to it :)

4. Archer

Archer Avatar

@Umuri Discovered this today, quite by accident. Thanks for your work on this. If I can help in any way, please let me know. I'm a Linux user and I'd be happy to do beta testing for you. I noticed the form layout for settings/configuration could definitely do with some tweaking to better fit the labels.

5. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Yeah this HUD needs some attention and Advertising it looks great, if it would just work with the current rev.

6. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Yep. Good news is the project that has had my attention is launching, and then full steam on the hud.
    And when i say full steam, i mean I will devote at least 4 hours each night to it until it's out over the next week. I am sorry you all have gone so long without an update.
    In my defense (which is nothing), job hunting and gearing up for the october event which is already in planning/prepwork is taking most of my energy.

7. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

"I do not accept excuses! I'm just going to have to find myself a new [tech] giant, that's all." Vizzini <-- just in case someone reads this wrong. Oh this world.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  8. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Hey no worries Umuri Stuff happens, I just wanted to show my enthusiasm and support for the project :)

hroth likes this.
  9. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

So its been more than a week :) hows it going?

10. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

@MagiK @GreyMouser Skye

I'm pleased to announce (after way too long a delay) SotaHUD 0.6.0!
    Sorry for the long awaited build.
    Introducing the DPS meter, better localization support (so all you people who couldn't load should be able to load now due to different date/time formats), a new feature to copy in-game vendor sales mail straight to a CSV with all relevant data seperated out, and toggle-able backgrounds on most widgets.

Download Links:
    Windows
    Linux

Changelog:
    -- SIXTH public release
    -- -- Mostly just cleanup work and testing, main changes recorded below.

-- Reworked how the system localizes dates and times
    -- -- Added two new configuration overrides
    -- -- -- FILEDATEFORMAT that overrides the format SotaHUD uses to parse the date in the chatlog filenames
    -- -- -- LOGDATETIMEFORMAT that overrides the format SotaHUD uses to parse the datetime within the chatlogs
    -- -- -- -- If you change these, note that capitalization matters M is not the same as m. MM is not the same as M

-- New sales recordkeeping feature - Export Mail to CSV
    -- -- This feature is activated automatically whenever you copy a mail in-game to clipboard while SotaHUD is running that is a vendor message (buy/sell order fill)
    -- -- It will place an entry into the /Sales subfolder with the relevant detail, seperated per month
    -- -- It will also popup a notification, that way you are sure the copy worked. If the notification doesn't pop up, copy it again.
    -- -- To easily copy an in-game mail, click the text of the mail once and it will auto-highlight, then hit CTRL+C on your keyboard.
    -- -- Then just open this CSV in your favorite spreadsheet program, delimiters are , and string encapsulation is " "

-- New global(all subwindows) gear option, Toggle on/off background
    -- -- Will work way better on some windows than others. Most noticable on clock/dps meter.
    -- Updated style.css
    -- -- Fixed background on labels and buttons
    -- -- Made selections more visible

-- DPS Meter
    -- -- There's now a DPS meter available, that can show you rough dps numbers split by source (who caused it)
    -- -- Eventual goals may show sub-meters for different skills while we're at it.
    -- -- This is highly configurable display wise, and is the first window to really utilize the settings cog.
    -- -- -- Min dps: Sets where the 0 point on the bar is. If set to 10, the bar will be at its smallest for any values between 0 and 10 dps.
    -- -- -- Max dps: Sets where the endpoint on the bar is. If set to 35, any values of 35 dps or over will show as a max-length bar.
    -- -- -- -- Combined these two let you isolate visually very small differences in dps if you're working on checking out how different builds affect things.
    -- -- -- Bar thickness: make them big bars or tiny ones.
    -- -- -- Label width: do you want names to wordwrap a ton, or waste a lot of space on them, you decide!
    -- -- -- Time Scale: Do you want to view DPS averages for the last 5 seconds, 15 seconds, 300 seconds? Whatever you feel like!
    -- Worked on expanding the per-window settings config to allow more modularity for each individual windows settings, so windows (like dps) can save their unique settings within the framework

-- Fix past day loading
    -- -- on in 5.1 causes errors on nonexistent file - Fix file not loading fail gracefully - Thanks to VanZhan for working with me to locate this one

-- Fixes for 0.5.0:
    -- -- Initial file load should no longer spam sound or notifications
    -- -- -- Fixed the code that somehow broke back in 0.3 and i never noticed, that wasn't disabling sounds/notifications during bulk loading at the start. Loading existing logs should be faster and no longer ear-shattering.
    -- -- Added config options:
    -- -- -- Logons/Logoffs, Sales, Whispers: Popup on/off, Sound on/off, and Popup time showing settings have been added.
    -- -- -- Popup and sound are independent options, so you could have sound without a popup, popup without sound, or poup with sound, or neither!.
    -- -- Redid the configuration option layout, works a little better now.
    -- -- Altered the default style.css to more cleanly show a few items.

New Features:

DPS Meter
    Note, you'll want to configure this by clicking the Gear icon to match your personal settings, no autoconfig just yet.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sales Mail to CSV autocopy/translate:
    [​IMG]

Removable backgrounds on most widgets:
    [​IMG]

Next up:
    Better default loadout for maps/exp library/etc. Since the crowdsourcing aspect has failed in that respect.
    Others as listed in main post

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  11. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

12. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

Awesome!

13. Lained

Lained Avatar

Neat, though I suggest splitting the item name and quantity into separate columns.

14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

sweet! Cant wait to download it tonight!!!

15. Psyche

Psyche Avatar

There is a function in Excel that lets you convert text in separated columns automatically.

16. Lorddread

Lorddread Avatar

When i run the program and config it I get the info etc but the overlay stuff in game shows as small squares that i can't resize or even see most of the controls of etc. Ie on main tab i press the Experience button and a small square comes up but i can't really see anything in it. I can see the X and the pin icon but thats about it. Can't resize it or anything. I am in windows 10. I can barely see the icon to edit settings and when i do it just has turn off or on background on the xp one. On the dps one has option to set width length etc but they don't seem to do anything that i can see. What am i doing wrong or what am i missing?

17. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

same here , too bad :(
    I can't even interact with these small windows, when they are on my desktop, i click...on the dekstop

18. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Click the pin, the pin turns off frameless and lets you resize them
    If you can't click the pin, right click the main window and click "Turn on frameless" then "Turn off frameless".
    I will add minimum window sizes so they never shrink down that far in the future.

19. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

the small window created when activating it in the interface (like map or combat for ex) is completely inactive, switching turn on/off frameless does not change anything.

20. Lorddread

Lorddread Avatar

I have tried making them frameless still can't resize them but i can press the maximize button and that makes them full screen which is useless as well so the update will be great thanks umuri hope to see that soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.