Umuri's SOTA HUD - Combat Stats, Log parsing, /stats, DPS meter, and more. Now with Quests+

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Umuri, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psteg

psteg Avatar

wow this is great!! Thanks man!!

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Berek Is using this OK with Portalarium?
    (I realize the thread is pinned - but just want to be 100%)

3. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, it's fine. We're most concerned with things in-game that can directly affect you and others around you.

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Thanks @Berek - just wanted to be sure before checking it out.

5. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Do either of have the "clickthrough" checkbox checked in the main window?
    Clickthrough would block resizing (by clicking on corners) when the frame is showing on windows.
    In future builds, I will add an option on the gears to resize a bit easier as well.

Not this build, but build after that will get a huge overhaul on interface, as a lot of the features in SotaHUD are no longer as intuitive as they were when they first came in and were revealed in stages.

6. ZhugeLiang

ZhugeLiang Avatar

Does this work with Steam? Says character name "LOG FILE NOT FOUND" and the only file in my SoTA folder is CurrentPlayerData.XML

7. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

It should work with steam! When you're in-game, type /datafolder. That should put you to the folder where your chatlog folder is. Then specify that into the options config.
    Reminder: You have to login at least once with the character to have these folders appear, as it doesn't start writing the log file until the character does something that day. I always recommend loading sota before SotaHUD.

FrostII and ZhugeLiang like this.
  8. ZhugeLiang

ZhugeLiang Avatar

Turns out it was working, just didnt realize I had to open each features window. havent used any type of mods with the game before so was expecting in game features ;)

Anyway, cant resize the windows. they are tiny, gear icon only allows for "turn off/on background". Click-through is obviously not on.

FrostII likes this.
  9. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

The "pin", if you can click it, allows resizing. You can also get there from right-clicking the main window and toggling frameless on/off, which will then let you resize subwindows.

There is already a fix for next version for things going uber-tiny and adding a new default minimum size.

10. ZhugeLiang

ZhugeLiang Avatar

Ha! Did a search on that and saw to click on the gear...the pin worked. Sorry for the nubsauce.

11. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

Umuri, turned out that click through button was activated, I can resize all now , problem solved :)
    Question though, may be dumb, when i click on track on the map window, it does not track my char, anything i should do each time i log in?. I had to create my own map for my POT (there was no map), does it is linked someway to the fact I am using a saved map (tried to reload the map, tried to reactivate /stats, tried to close the UI and restarted). I may be forgeting a stupid option like the clickthrough button though...

12. Jigger48

Jigger48 Avatar

I did find a way to resize but it wouldn't work that way before so not sure why it did now. I had to unpin it and then i could drag sides etc to resize but i had tried that before and it wouldn't work so not sure why it did this time. Thanks for the help. BTW is this still being worked on as its been a while since we heard from you about it?

13. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

My bet is before you had clickthrough selected, so you couldn't do that. I am looking into making resizing immune to clickthrough and putting a corner-drag for it.

It's still being worked on, i got sidetracked with an emergency project last week but this week i'm finishing up design on a fun new feature and beginning implementing it, plus lots of interface cleanup this release. Sorry for the delay. :)

LiquidBlaze, Fister Magee and FrostII like this.
  14. Jigger48

Jigger48 Avatar

Awesome and thanks for letting us know.

15. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Excited to use this, just having problems...

looks like I'm using 0.6.0, it's connecting with my log file fine, and I can see the data is populated in the interface window BUT the in-game display windows do not appear on top and they're super super small (tiny squished square in the middle of my desktop, but when alt-tabbing in, even that little square gets pushed to back).

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 64bit and have SotA in borderless mode currently.

Please assist, many thanks!

EDIT: got it to expand after reading some comments for the recent patch (sorry, didn't make it to page 15 yet lol) BUT now it simply doesn't stay on top. I've toggled "stay on top", and that doesn't seem to do the trick.

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, got it! Had to go Borderless Full Screen AS WELL AS disabling Full Screen in the in-game graphics menu. All good!

So far so good - I'm liking this! Great job, Umuri ;)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  16. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

I had the same sizing issue, solved easy after seeing this. DPS meter looks awesome.

17. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Heya @Umuri do you think we could get a configurable white-list user login notification option?

:D

18. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

Hey @Umuri , any plans to implement an alert for dodge glancing blow, critical hits (placed and received) ? Some skills need to be activated right after you dodge crit etc.... would be quite useful to have on screen alerts
    @Berek would it be authorized?

19. Hector al'Hector

Hector al'Hector Avatar

I'm having a problem with loading my background map. I've started making one for Elysium Mines; it's the only map I have. I originally made it using SOTA HUD path tracing and saving the image.

When I enter the zone or load or reload the map, the correct map .png loads in the background, but at completely the wrong scale compared to the scale of the map HUD itself. I can adjust the background PNG scale using the "Background Scale X" and "Background Scale Y" sliders, but not with enough precision to get the scale right compared with the map scale.

Edit: I just managed (it felt like more or less by luck) to get the map background exactly lined up with the scale. I did some more path tracing, and used save image. The new .png in the icons folder is 5000x5000 pixels now, and the content is only in the far upper left. The previous version of the file (which I had saved) was 1000x1000 px. I'm really not sure what's going on!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  20. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks. Those should go in the release notes I think, I was having the same issues until I found you post.

Now.... how do you load your mail into the sales window?

Also, FYI, the X button on parsing entries does not stop the process. Just in case anyone changes the parse date back a month or so (like I did) and then wants to not have that happen when starting up the next time and seeing it's going to be a big job.

Yes, Sales tab is blank even though I just parsed back a month. Other tabs have stuff. Lots of stuff. I go to my mailbox and it stays blank. How do I populate it?

LoneStranger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.