Umuri's SOTA HUD - Combat Stats, Log parsing, /stats, DPS meter, and more. Now with Quests+

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Umuri, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

What you can do, is open up the map file directly and edit the value, to get more precision than the sliders allow. But when i overhaul that interface I will put a direct input option with the sliders to make that easier.

So Portalarium in their infinite wisdom took out the vendor chat logging a couple releases back, and added it back in only just recently, but it's missing some of the data the old logging had.

To use the mail sales loading option, you open up the letter, click it once (that highlights the entire mail, you can see it if you look at the bottom area), then hit CTRL+C, a popup will show in the bottom right that shows it was successful. When you are done doing loading the batches, make sure you close the HUD before opening up the sales file to ensure they all save.

This also needs to go into the release notes/instructions, which are due for a revamp. Also the borderless windowed mode being overriden by full screen is ugly and not how it used to work, i'll put a note in about that.

The next HUD version is out in alpha to testers, and I have a few UI improvements slotted here as well to cut down on clutter/make it more usable, and i'll include these as well as the other ones i've mentioned above like friends list notifications.

Also, interestingly enough, we lost our Sticky status. Guess i'm no longer "in good standing". :p Oh well I'll keep putting out versions so long as you all find it useful!

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Hmmmmm having a hard time. I am clicking the letter in the left hand column, and then pushing CTRL C. I see no popup though. I did it for a bunch, closed the HUD, and went to the HUD directory. There is a sales folder in there, with a .csv file, but the file is empty. It was also made yesterday, so whatever I did this morning isn't changing anything. What am I doing wrong?

3. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Double-click the letter in your inventory. That opens up the new letter window. Then click inside that letter, and you'll see it highlights the text of the letter. Then hit ctrl C.
    It sounds like you're hitting ctrl+c on the inventory, not the open letter.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok, that worked, I've got a file, and it's in Chinese or Korean or something similar.

5. mortveiare

mortveiare Avatar

Is there a website to get ready made maps?

6. neoandrew

neoandrew Avatar

How do I get my hands on this alpha release ? I so wanna test it out !

7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

In the 6.0 version the tabs are different - I always used the HUD to review my combat session, but I can't find a combat tab in 6.0. So I'm still using 4.0. Is there a way in 6.0 to view the combat stats?

8. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

This looks cool, is this project open source?

9. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Check the buttons along the side of the main window: combat stats, dps, etc. are there. Click one pops up a really small window, at lteast for me. If it does that for you too, unpin it and resize to your liking.

Kara Brae likes this.
  10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Thanks! I had seen the buttons, but the really small window that pops up was tinier than tiny, and I didn't notice it. I had to turn on frameless in order to resize the window, but now I have two separate windows covering my screen (the main one and the pop-out one. That is very inconvient. Unless there is some way to dock the pop-out window into the main window, I will have to keep using version 4.0.

11. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

First voice i've heard against the new system. Doesn't mean you're wrong, and if there's a big enough cry i'll look into adding dockability in the future (or someone else can once it open sources).
    Also most of that weirdness is fixed in 0.7 for sizing and crap.
    The combat button on the main page should show that.

12. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Announcing SotaHUD 0.7, now with QUESTS.

So this got super delayed from when i initially planned it, but it's out now.
    This was a joint effort between me and a few people, including @Elgarion of RPOTA, to give a robust Quests enhancement system.
    RPOTA has also designed (and is finishing up) a really nifty quest designer to make these easy for people to use.
    But if you want to make them by hand, there are also specifications:
    The documentation is a little sparse, but can be viewed here for those technically minded.
    The spreadsheet that kinda tracks things here

Also other upgrades such as map improvements, a whitelist for friends logon/logoff so you can specify only individuals, and more.

I will put up a contest as well (partially funded by patreon) to encourage some quest creation as well.

Windows SOTAHUD 0.7.0
    Linux SOTAHUD 0.7.0

And if you want sample quests - THESE ARE NOT GOOD QUESTS, they just show what functionality is there. Unzip to /quests/ (sotahud will make the folder when you run it).
    QUESTS

And here is the changelog:
    QUESTS SYSTEM:
    New quest system in place.
    This allows players to create/share/download pre-written quests, that can respond to various in-game events such as kills, movement, speech, spellcasting, time passing, and more.
    Once hitting these triggers, it can then perform numerous actions to interact with the player including playing sounds, showing text, showing images, writing in the journal, showing goals, and more.
    This will allow player-run quests to have interactive components and allow our RP players more ability to bring their quests and ideas to life.

Other stuff:
    -- Cleaned up & Updated the Mapwindow
    -- -- Saving images now saves map too, and resets scaling factor. Should preserve positioning to what you see when you save
    -- -- Added textboxes to background and backgroundScale sliders to allow precision positioning
    -- Rearranged the config window into a tabbed layout
    -- Decoupled enter from closing the window, now it requires the OK button
    -- Added a new feature: Whitelist Notifications
    -- -- This will only show login/logoff notifications for people explicitly on the list, when turned on
    -- Fixed the geometry issue that was defaulting all windows to pinhole sized(show called before setupUI).
    -- Refactored the translucent background code (which was partially the issue) to initialize better.
    -- Added some new default positioning code for windows so the out of box behavior/layout is nicer.
    -- Updated the sales mail copy code to seperate quantity from item and write in seperate columns

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    Kinetic, Elgarion, Rok Yrikk and 3 others like this.
  13. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

XP tracker not showing zone info and locking up after 1st kill

14. Archer

Archer Avatar

The new SotAHUD isn't working for me. It starts, but can't find any logs. Opening configuration and trying to set an avatar name works, but clicking the OK button does nothing. Only way to close the configuration is with the cancel button.

BTW This is the Linux version.

15. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Can you grab me a screenshot? also check if your expList.umu is in the folder with the exe.

Ugh. What distro? Does the configuration see your character names correctly at least?
    My bet is the window manager on your distro isn't liking the ok hook. I'll try to get a hotfix out once i can isolate it.

16. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

I think this is amazing.

Has anyone got thi working on a Mac?
    Have I missed a mac release somewhere?

17. Archer

Archer Avatar

Linux Mint. Characters appear normal (basic ASCII)

18. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Actually I think its a game bug, checked my chat logs and the log had not been written to since the last kill the HUD logged, despite my having killed lots more.

19. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

OK... Now the XP kill counter is working but it's creating a new table row for each kill rather than totaling them up, even though I'm stood in the same spot killing the same monster.
    Location says "Homebase", have it set on mode current.
    Any ideas @Umuri ?

20. Archer

Archer Avatar

Hmm, I think "Homebase" means it doesn't know where you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.