Umuri's SOTA HUD - Combat Stats, Log parsing, /stats, DPS meter, and more. Now with Quests+

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Umuri, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Yaaaay! Nice one Umuri, you the man :)

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  2. strontian

strontian Avatar

Any news on a Mac version for this?

I could help adapt it if you need. What language is it written in(QT?), have you open sourced it?

3. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

It's in the thread ( I really should write up a faq). Mac is not getting one because I lack a build environment for it just yet, and just having linux on has severely broken some features already, so my time that isn't spent on features is already used up trying to find a happy compromise with linux first.

For a mac release to happen, I will need to have windows/linux both playing nice first.

As for open source, not going to happen anytime soon just because i'd need to quite a bit of cleanup for it first, since the code is still way below the level of clean documentation and structure. Since SotaHUD is still in development and i've rewritten entire subsystems a couple times as directions change in what sota is most aided by having.

On that note though, this cycle is longer than normal because i'm out of town more weekends than i'm home right now, and about to be out of town for 6 weekends straight at the end of april, so i'm trying to squeeze things into that before that big gap.

StarLord likes this.
  4. Milkdrop

Milkdrop Avatar

I tried 0.5.0 and 0.5.1 - when I start the HUD I point it to the folder with the data in it, it lets me select my character just fine but then keeps saying "LOG FILE NOT FOUND" and wont parse a thing. :(

Windows 10 64bit
    R41 latest Patch

I even ran it as administrator which I usually would not do but eh... no luck. ._.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Having the same problem as @Milkdrop ive never found this work quite the way i expected - it doesnt show over the game like an overlay either..

6. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Do you have parse past days on? If so try turning that off, I recently isolated a bug with 5.1 where VanZhan in discord was having a similar issue. Will be fixed next version.

Are you playing in borderless windowed mode?

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I tried with and without.. i had to start/stop both sota, and the hud to make it pick it up with out past days on I think. I got somewhere..

Nope .. full screen for proper graphics card use.

8. Milkdrop

Milkdrop Avatar

Nope, "Read Past Logs" is not checked, only "Parse Current Day" is active. :/

Makes no difference if its on or off though. ._.

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Q: when you selected the directory did you go into the chat log directory, or just select the one where chatlogs is held?

10. Milkdrop

Milkdrop Avatar

Went into is so that the full path appeared in the config window when done, but I tried everything down to going into the Chatlog directory itself, it would not add that to the end of the path though.
    It pretty much just cuts the path short so that it points to the folder where the 4 subfolders are within.

11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

OK , cos I know if I went into C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\ChatLogs it didnt work, but did if I just stopped at Shroud of the Avatar.

12. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Progress is being made, but in the meantime, here's some API stuff for you all to toy with:

http://umuri.com/SOTA/Stats/
    and
    http://umuri.com/SOTA/Stats/Top25/

Including Such Novelties As:
    24HR-CotosConsumedByCrownMerchants
    24HR-DeadliestMonster
    24HR-ItemsBoughtFromMerchant
    24HR-ItemsSoldToMerchant
    24HR-MonstersKilled
    24HR-MostMurdered
    24HR-MostMurders
    24HR-Suicides
    ALL-CotosConsumedByCrownMerchant
    ALL-DeadliestMonster
    ALL-ItemsBoughtFromMerchant
    ALL-ItemsSoldToMerchant
    ALL-MonstersKilled
    ALL-MostMurdered
    ALL-MostMurders
    ALL-Suicides
    LeastCraftedItems
    MostBoughtCrownMerchant
    MostCraftedItems
    MostCraftingDestroyed
    MostCraftingDestroyedEquipable
    MostCraftingMade
    MostCraftingMadeEquipable
    MostLootedWorldItems
    PlacesToGetStuck

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  13. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Hi Umuri. I just discovered this tool but I have the same issue as Milkdrop. It sees my character just fine and let's me select it. I can try to change the AppDir but it won't let me go any deeper than the Shroud of the Avatar folder.

So it reads enough to find my name but won't open the files. Can't wait to try it out though once you have this one figured out.

Umuri likes this.
  14. vetrom

vetrom Avatar

Problem maps: Brookside, Spite, ...

So, working on some map building -- Brookside seems to comp up with a bad orientation, running 0.5.2 on Linux. Server reports -180 orientation, trying different orientation values doest seem to help. It looks like an incorrect matrix transformation?
    [​IMG]

The avatar is rendered at the incorrect position there, he should actually be southeast of the town crier (the teeny mail icon). My avatar position in that locations is reported as X: -38.58644 Y: 38.45233 Z: -341.4497.

I suppose I could flip the background image, but then the map wouldn't match the ingame compass!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Umuri likes this.
  15. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

My orientations do not match the orientations Jakub used for SotaMap.
    However i will be redoing some of that, undecided on whether they will match but i am at least going to fix a bug where some orientations aren't activating in 5.1.
    So my advice is wait for the next version, if you can.
    My (tenative) timeline is 2 weeks after sotaStats launches, since thats eating my time right now.

Same, next version should fix this, sorry for the delay.

16. Nagilum

Nagilum Avatar

Hey Umuri- Awesome plugin! I was wondering if you have the source out there anywhere?

17. Brazen Spirituality

Brazen Spirituality Avatar

You are ... or ... you're

18. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

I just download this tool today and got the same problem...
    But guess i figured out the issue. It is actually a glitch related to GetDate() function for foreign languaged systems.

If you do not specify formatting, then you get what the user system's format is. Mine for instance is dd/MM/yyyy, while you expect MM/dd/yyyy for parsing the log files.

And guess whay? I did change my operating system's language to english to test and voila, it worked. ;)

@Umuri guess it's time for a patch. @Milkdrop Meanwhile i recommend the minimum change to your system. Just go to regional settings and set dateformat to english.

PS: Given localization is in place (for us) it's also better to use UNICODE for outputing text, cause it is already breaking some chat logs here.

Bye.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Umuri and Wintermute of CoF like this.
  19. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

You are correct in the determination, i have some limited fix in place for it already but am currently still deciding on the best way to make it more future-proof because i know we have some localizations i haven't fought with yet. Patch is coming soon after I finish up work on the SotaSTATS site, which should be very soon.

As for unicode, I need more test systems before i debate switching everything to unicode, purely because shroud itself, when i first started the chatlogger, did some really quirky things when unicode got involved, and I need to verify whether those are all fixed now or not. SotaSTATS, for instance, is not unicode compliant, because the source we're getting it from, the Portalarium API, does not store/process unicode correctly. Which is already a headache for certain spiders being truncated.

20. Nefrinia

Nefrinia Avatar

Hi Umuri, love the program, very useful! Is there a way to change the font size on the clock? It's far to small for my eyes...

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.