Umuri's SOTA HUD - Combat Stats, Log parsing, /stats, DPS meter, and more. Now with Quests+

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Umuri, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Yes.

2. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

[​IMG]

Quick preview of the map features i'm currently working on, that are almost near completion:
    Now, understand this is a shitty map, with shitty markers. I just had it as a placeholder to work on the framework.
    The map format is (mostly) compatible with the other map apps, and is extended a bit to include some other features I wanted.
    I've also been building functionality to make creating/editing the maps in-app easy. To test how they do, I will make a new set of maps using only in the in-app features to see if they give the flexibility i want, once i feature-freeze this release.

New HUD soon, we'll see how tonight goes!

Fister Magee, moko, Grimace2 and 8 others like this.
  3. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

4. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

The new HUD version is up!

Volume control, mapping, player tracking on map, map editing, popup notifications, and more screwing with the always on top functionality.
    Also bonus feature:
    Whisper chickens! Everytime you get a whisper, hear the nice peaceful clucking of your friend letting you know!

Also a drop-down to prevent mistyping character names ever again!

Changelog since last release:
    Changelog:

0.3.0 ************************
    -- New Feature: In-app Map editing
    -- -- You can now adjust the contents of a map somewhat easily from within the interface, specifying a background, adjust background offset/scale, adding new points
    -- New Feature: In-app map drawing and background saving.
    -- -- Trace path will draw directly on your map (won't currently save).
    -- -- However you can then use the save-map button to save the current map as a png image, with the default name (currentmap-background.png).
    -- -- Combined this lets you make rough backgrounds for maps you've never seen before just by turning on trace and running around the outside of the map, or otherwise to trace out buildings/landmarks/etc.

-- New Feature: Tracking player on map
    -- -- This was made possible due to burningToad moving the location data to its proper place
    -- -- New config option: Always track player on startup
    -- Several map quality of life improvements, orientation starting to get worked on

-- Fixed revision number load issue
    -- Somehow broke stay on top yet again... seriously this feature annoys me.

-- Worked more on the map feature
    -- -- Added image loading, background image, scaling and zoom

-- New feature, popup notifications
    -- -- Config option to show popup notifications on Sales
    -- -- Currently at 10 seconds or manual dismissal, does not stack multiples. Upgrades will be done in the future
    -- New feature, whisper sonud
    -- -- You can now hear the gentle cluck of a chicken whenever you get a whisper

-- Removed manual character name entry to prevent misentries, typos, and cases of amnesia
    -- -- Character selection is now a drop-down that gives all current options in the chatlog folder

-- Blocked out the starting code for a map feature.
    -- -- This will aim to be mostly compatible with existing mapping programs, to allow ease of resource reuse
    -- -- Currently it includes one hardcoded map (the main map) while i block out features.
    -- -- Eventually it will follow the player as well but for now it will function as a nice Atlas.

-- Switched to a different sound implementation because the old one insulted my cheesecake choices.
    -- Added a volume slider to the config options pane, because not having it was killing my ears.
    -- Split the warning for control point waves into a 30 second and a 15 second warning till next wave.
    -- Added 0 padding to the seconds on the control point timer so it doesn't look weird at 5:2

Next goal is linux compilation while people test out/push the map feature to the limits and get bugs in on that.
    If people have maps/icons/etc they want to share let me know and i'll be willing to host a community map pack to download with it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Fister Magee, moko, rild and 7 others like this.
  5. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Curious if you are going to try updating the decay we lose since it doesn't appear to have an in game display currently.

6. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Covered in the other thread, but basically, unless the dev's add something into the chatlog that gives me rough information, or some way to get what all your skills are at, the best i could do is an approximation based on your level. Which rough napkin calculations say will probably be accurate to within 10% for at least a few months.

Dollar, lollie and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  7. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

You know what would be neat? Being able to have the HUD play a sound or pop up a window when it reads a certain string from the log. For example, I could have it alert me when one of my friends logs in. Being able to set multiple of these would be great. Perhaps just enter the alert strings in a separate config file with a prefix for sound or popup?

8. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

I do have both sound and popup notifications already configured.
    Customization would be doable.

However friends login is different, and i already have alerts for that, or were you saying for specific friends?
    In any event, my idea was, for friends list in general, have a few config options:

When friend logs in:
    [x] notification
    [x] play sound
    [x] play custom sound if custom sound file is in \sounds\playername.wav
    So for example you could have it only play sounds for certain people by only putting certain people in the custom sound folder.

Also apparently patreon is working for the minimap guy, although i dislike the idea of any releases being gated behind a paywall, but maybe i should start one just for amusing sakes?

9. moko

moko Avatar

Very nice release! Love the map feature! :) I have trouble getting the trace feature to work properly though, it does not paint where I actually am but somewhere else. What am I doing wrong? I used the zoom function, can that be an issue?
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: Without using the zoom I get the same issue, what could I try to make it work? The points I add show up at the right spot, it's just the tracing that doesn't work for me.
    EDIT2: Interestingly enough, I don't have this problem at Sequanna Colossus - are there any parameters for the maps I'd need to change for it to work at serpen't spine, too? I tried playing with the alignment but was wholly unsuccessful to make it work for Serpent's Spine...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    Kabalyero likes this.
  10. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

WOW! Looking amazingly good!

11. moko

moko Avatar

Ok, after maping at Sequanna Colossus worked great contrary to serpent's spine I now have found another issue. After the initial mapping, when I load the map, it will place a tiny variant of the map in the upper left corner. The player tracking unfortunately now takes place corresponding to this tiiiny map - which is not the map the HUD centers on.
    See attached screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    Umuri, Jakub White and iansmellios like this.
  12. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

So you've hit step 3 of the process. This is what the background edit buttons are.
    once you load the map, use those buttons to scale your background image down, and once it's the right scale, use the position adjust buttons. Then save the map(NOT background, just map, which saves the background position).
    In this case, you'll want to scaledown a LOT,

That's on the feature request list, code to try to auto-fit images so only minor adjustments are needed.

Also still needing work are the orientation adjustments.
    Along with toggle features to turn on/off the grid background and the text so the background pictures are easier to take.
    Expect more toolkit edits in the next version

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  13. moko

moko Avatar

Ok, I took my trusty graphics program and scaled it down to 200x200 - which is the standard map size - and now this is working although in the process the font got really pixel-ish. I'm curious, why is it saving the map I made in 1000x1000 to begin with instead of the "sdtandard" 200x200? Still better than clicking it painfully down to the right size. A slider might work well here for the "rough" stuff and buttons for fine tuning?

I am still not sure I can get mapping to work for Serpent's spine but I will test later if shifting the axis will work for that.

The functionality in itself is amazing :) It is really easy and comfortable to make your own maps with this!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  14. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

You shouldn't have to scale it down in an edit program. There are background scale buttons in-app to make it draw it smaller, that way the font doesn't get pixelated when you zoom out/in.
    To avoid having to click the button a ton, just open the map manually (in your maps folder) and edit the first line scaling factor (4th comma, looks like 1.1 or something).
    In your picture, it looks like the map is roughly 4x too large, so if it's at 1 in the file set it to 0.25 then adjust from there.

also the fonts on-image are replaced by the ones the program draws, hence why i say do the background before putting in points. But again, i'll fix that in this upcoming verison by having toggles of what you want to show before saving

moko likes this.
  15. moko

moko Avatar

Aah, thank you so much! Now it works perfectly :D For some reason it was originally 1000x1000px, so it would have taken a loooot of clicks to scale it down properly... Will finish mapping sequanna colossus tomorrow probably and throw a dropbox link on here after getting some sleep :3

16. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

It's originally 1000x1000 to allow for fine detail on zoom-in, for people who want to draw very precise lines by moving very slowly in-game. :)
    And yeah I may add in a few more scaling buttons for +/- 10 scale. Glad to see it's useful for you!

moko and iansmellios like this.
  17. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Is there a collection of maps that people are sharing somewhere?

18. Knightwolf

Knightwolf Avatar

2nd

LoneStranger likes this.
  19. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

There is not, however I will be opening a contest soon for maps in an effort to collect and start a community map pack.

Linux users! The time has come. Shoot me an email (sotahud@umuri.com) or a pm on here if you want into the testing this round for the first linux release.

20. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

iansmellios likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.