Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unable to download

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Rational, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rational

Rational Avatar

No idea if this is related directly to the release, but the patcher will not start downloading. I uninstalled an old copy that was many releases ago and tried to install new, but it continues to be stuck at 0% and the download is stuck at 0 kb/sec. I turned off antivirus and the firewall. I've been able to do several updates of other programs at the same time and internet is working with no problems.

2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I had this same problem on last patch. I finally shutdown my computer, restarted and then the patch downloaded as usual. Still don't know what the problem was, but my symptoms and use of other programs was as yours.

3. Rational

Rational Avatar

I have tried rebooting a couple times. I am on hotel internet currently - not sure what port it tries to download on, but I would have assumed it was a standard unblocked port? I did it on my hotspot and got 60kb/sec download for a bit before it fell off to even slower... which is still insanely slow when it's 1.5 GB to download - I gave up after an hour when it was still at 0% downloaded.

I was able to download 600 MB of Nvidia drivers as well as patches for other games of similar sizes, so it definitely something to do with the patcher or how the patcher works.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

5. Raidian

Raidian Avatar

The patcher is stuck at zero again this morning on the 1045->1046 patch.

6. Rational

Rational Avatar

Is there any way to download the patch over ftp or http ports? It is possible the torrent's port is blocked by the hotel's firewall.

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

most likely the hotel blocks torrents.. a lot of places do, i zipped up the windows 1045->1046 files for you eg the torrent and the zip, if you place them in the downloads folder under the game it should sort it out https://gofile.io/?c=WjHLxc

8. Rational

Rational Avatar

Thanks, we got to our next place on vacation and I was able to download it - so must have been the hotel's firewall. Thanks to everyone for the resolution, and I guess the official solution to this is just not to have torrents blocked on the firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.