Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unable to play ABC files

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Tristano Sforza, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tristano Sforza

Tristano Sforza Avatar

Hello,

since 3 or 4 release I can't play any abc files except for RuleBritannia.abc
    If I play any other file I get the errore message "There was a problem parsing the song file".
    I see them correctly listed with /playlist command (already moved them to the new "Sheet Music" directory)

I play sota on OS X client and my abc files were converted from midi with Maestro program.

Did you change the file format? (I know you changed directory)

Thanks,
    Tristano

2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Tristano Sforza, Thank you for reporting. I have submitted this issue for Team review. I am not sure if the format of the abc notation files has changed. I do believe the directory changed a release or two ago, from the Portalariun Game folder to the Users folders. Does not seem like that would give that kind of error however..

3. Tristano Sforza

Tristano Sforza Avatar

@Gamician, I solved by myself! In the "Sheet Music" folder there were just the links to the abc files in the old "Songs" folder. I moved them physically and now I can play them.
    Thanks,
    Tristano

Beli likes this.
  4. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Tristano Sforza, Glad to hear you now have the ability to play music again. Congrats! Let us know if we can be of help in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.