Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unclear on the point of separating out the peace bar

Discussion in 'Release 39 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Mishikal, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I'm not clear what the point is of making the peace bar separate is. Initially, I had thought the idea would be I could put frequently used buffs on it, so I could access them w/o eating up slots on my action bar, while having my weapon out. But that is clearly not how it is functioning. At this current point, I do not see how this separation adds anything useful to the game mechanics. Is the idea still in development?

You can see from the screenshot, I essentially end up right now with 4 slots tied to my buffs in the action bar. It'd be nice to get that real estate back by being able to cast them directly off the peace bar. Using unlocked slots is not particularly useful with buffs you want to ensure are constantly up, and switching back and forth between the peace and action bar is ungodly tedious.

[​IMG]

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The not functioning is a bug. The intent is so you can use potions easier in combat.

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

So hopefully buffs as well? :)

4. uhop

uhop Avatar

How to access items on the peace bar, when it is fixed? Mouse? Some keyboard shortcuts?

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Mouse for sure. I would like to hear if there's a keyboard shortcut.

6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I was expecting it to be a new bar. My issue is that my bar is already full of buffs that I cast pre-battle. I was hopping for a little say 4 slot bar where I could put consumables. The way you guys implemented this will give me grief :(

uhop likes this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

When I was on QA yesterday I could click them with [shift] 1234567890

Barugon likes this.
  8. StarWeed

StarWeed Avatar

what i do for buffs is divide them in half between two card slots, then mash those buttons for about 10s or until enough of them have been hit. it is a bit rough around the edges that way though because card draws for dps and healing are impacted by the buff "overflow" during actual combat.

9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It'd be really helpful to /not/ have to be able to do that, particularly since some buffs eat reagents (Shield of crystal for example). They really should be usable via the peace bar even when in combat, like you can with light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.