Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Uncloning Scene Changes

Discussion in 'Release 48 Feedback Forum' started by Gregg247, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

I ventured into Longfall Woods yesterday with a Tier 2 character to check out how an in-cloned adventure scene turned out. It was 2 different puzzle/adventures wrapped into one map, and I had an enjoyable couple of hours in there until I got to the end, when I was hit with so many waves of undead ambushes that I felt like throwing my computer mouse out the window in frustration. Talk about going from 0 to 60 in about 2 seconds! Yikes! Too much.

Anyway, my point is that as these older adventure scenes, which were all used for grinding XP, are replaced with these maps that have their own self-contained stories/puzzles/missions, it may make sense to re-label them so that players know what they can expect. Something like "Adventure scene" for the standard maps used for grinding, and "Quest scene", or "Puzzle scene" or "Side Quest scene", etc. for the new puzzle-centric and mission-centric maps.

Grinding scenes are going to be with us out of necessity for XP, and will be used on a regular basis. These new scenes, while beautiful, may get played once or twice by players before they move on. Having a label to allow players to know which type of map they're about to enter would be a big help as we get more of these new maps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.