Undelivered Mail

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Traveller13, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Is undelivered mail a random appearing item or truly undelivered mail via an avatar on a mail run being killed?

Stundorn likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

did you actually find some in the wild? that'd be neat! ...because i was under the impression that was simply an individual way to flake out on the mail quests.

3. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I found undelivered mail in an area near Spite and returned it to the Spite Town Crier for some gold. I'm not sure if it spawned because someone actually trying to deliver mail died in the area, but I'm pretty sure it didn't, because I die a lot with mail, and I have never lost it.

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

No, I haven't found any. I'm just curious as to what is the likelihood of finding some.

From R46 Release Notes:
    • Mail Recovery: Town Criers will now pay you for retrieving undelivered mail found in adventure scenes.

If I understand Alley Oops post, it is a way for an avatar to go back to the town crier of origin and say, "I didn't deliver the mail. You can have it back." I'd expect a kick in the nuts for that as a reward, rather than gold.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i didn't claim to be sure and good thing too, as @twofoldsilence neatly proved me wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.